Windows 10: log in with new user, not able to log in

Discus and support log in with new user, not able to log in in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I made a new user account and they are not able to log in. the outlook account is valid... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by richarchristenson, Feb 27, 2020.

1. log in with new user, not able to log in

I made a new user account and they are not able to log in. the outlook account is valid

:)

richarchristenson, Feb 27, 2020

2. Windows 10 User Log-In Issue

Hi,

I apologize for not addressing you in a timely manner. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

I would suggest you to delete all the user account apart from the one which you are able to log in with Admin rights. Install all pending Windows and driver updates.
    Updates are additions to software that can help prevent or fix problems, improve how your computer works, or enhance your computing experience. Follow the steps below to create new user account and check if that helps.

• Press “Windows Key + R".
    • Type “netplwiz”.
    • Click on Add and follow the onscreen instructions.

Keep us posted on Windows related queries and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Feb 27, 2020
  3. Log in & Create new user issues

I was having an issue creating a new user profile for windows 10 on my Sony vaio laptop.

Initially once i created the profile using her windows log in I was getting the error 'user profile service service failed the sign-in'. To fix this I tried removing the profile and creating a local profile. Upon restarting, I received the same error message.

Having looked in the community discussions, I saw that using 'windows +R' brought up a user list. I did this and checked all the info was correct for the user profile. I also checked the other accounts on there. I am the administrator and was in the 'homegroup'
    group, there were also a couple of other profiles that had similar names to mine but were for software updates in the description.

Upon closing the window, I believe I was prompted to log in to make the changes. When's I clicked ok, it took me to the log in screen where both my administrator profile and the other user profile were listed. However now, it only has the new user profile
    available. There is nowhere to click the administrator profile and I am still getting the user profile service error for this new user profile which is not allowing me to go any further.

I have tried to open in safe mode in order to do a system restore but I'm being prompted for an administrator password which is coming back as incorrect (it is definitely correct as I have just logged into the account on here with it).

so now I am unable to do a system restore, a reset or log in to a profile as my administrator profile doesn't seem to exist any more.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

thanks

Sam

correct

Samaldinho4, Feb 27, 2020
  4. log in with new user, not able to log in

Cannot Log In

Hello Dhavelyn,

• Signed in with a local user profile.
    • I am able to log in with either of the 2 existing profiles which were created prior to Creator's Update being applied.
    • No changes whatsoever.
    • No troubleshooting steps taken other than Googling for an answer which I was unable to find.

Thanks in advance for your assistance Dhavelyn! log in with new user, not able to log in :)

CimpleSypher, Feb 27, 2020
Thema:

1. log in with new user, not able to log in - Similar Threads - log user able

2. Not able to change user account during log in.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not able to change user account during log in.: I am not able to change my user account during log in. Please let me know some alternatives. Urgent. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-able-to-change-user-account-during-log-in/af7eb853-a777-45bb-b407-503bff2aa844
  3. Not able log in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not able log in: hi I'm not able log in please help me , please respond if you know what to do that would be really helpful! thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-able-log-in/c746d1ff-e305-40c4-8f6e-cccde5b1a813
  4. Not able log in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not able log in: hi I'm not able log in please help me , please respond if you know what to do that would be really helpful! thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-able-log-in/c746d1ff-e305-40c4-8f6e-cccde5b1a813
  5. Not able to log in.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Not able to log in.: Screen freezes when loading. Error message - Critical Process Died. I was getting frequent screen freezes just before using a word document. Only one other applicating was running. I can not log in now. I can not enter my PIN to my MS account. Help....
  6. Other users not able to log in

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Other users not able to log in: I recently reset Windows 10 on this PC, removing all files. I believe that is not relevant to this problem. Come to think of it I did a clean install using a USB drive. Currently: Windows 10 Pro, 20H2, 19042.685 I am able to log in to my Microsoft User account, set to admin...
  7. New Laptop Setup Not able to Log In

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    New Laptop Setup Not able to Log In: I just received a new HP Elite Dragonfly Laptop. I seem to have done something wrong when I was setting it up. I thought that I followed the prompts properly but I did get distracted by a client call in the middle of the process. It went to a log on screen for Windows and...
  8. not able to log in

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    not able to log in: I have a HP desk top computer and recently I am unable to log in. I get the home page but when I try to log in the screen just blinks and the log in bar doesn't even show up. Does this mean I may have a virus?...
  9. Logging in as new User in domain

Logging in as new User in domain: My fully updated Win10 machine logs into my domain as "Other User" and just spins - after a restart. I've also tried to log in as an Administrator and the same thing happens. If I shut down it will let me log in normal. My pdc is a Windows Server 2012 R2 with no dns issues -...
  10. New user logged off at log-on

New user logged off at log-on: I have upgraded my Vaio laptop to Win 10 Home, and with my single admin user have created a new non-admin local user (not with a Microsoft account). When logging in with this local user the log-on screen immediately says "Signing out" and that's it. Nothing. I've been...