Windows 10: Log in without password

Discus and support Log in without password in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Before the new build I could use the following to log in without using a password. "Type in netplwiz into the start menu search box, hit enter, on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by KY COLONEL, Nov 29, 2014.

1. Log in without password

Before the new build I could use the following to log in without using a password.

"Type in netplwiz into the start menu search box, hit enter, on the
    next screen, un check the box that says "users must use a password
    …….. " .. another box will open and you must type in your current user name and password.. then click on apply or OK… now,
    restart the computer and you won't have to enter a password anymore.."

Now however after installing the latest build it doesn't work anymore, it says can't find
    netplwiz... so where did they put the box to uncheck users must use password ?

I'm the administrator and no one else uses my computer, so password is useless in my
    case.. I'd like to get rid of it.
    Any help certainly appreciated and thanks.

:)

KY COLONEL, Nov 29, 2014
  2. E for Excel, Nov 29, 2014
  3. logging in without a password

If you want to add another user to your computer, you can do so by opening Start > Settings > Accounts > Family & other people. Under Other people, click Add someone else to this PC.

In the resulting dialog, enter a username, password, confirm the password then create a hint. Click Next to complete the creation of the account.

Learn more:

https://www.groovypost.com/howto/create-manage-...

Andre Da Costa, Nov 29, 2014
  4. dougout Win User

I configured my Windows 10 to omit the log on as well. It worked for maybe a day and then the dreaded log on screen returned.

When I repeated the process with the netplwiz I was returned to the dialogue box but found the box in question was still unchecked.

So it seems that this is something we are just going to have to put with for now.

dougout, Nov 29, 2014
  5. BunnyJ New Member
    I just did a test, set up for automatic log in, and rebooted/logged in two times and I didn't have any issues, so far. I'll try it out a few more times to see what happens.

My set up is a dual boot,Win8.1.1 and Win10 9879 on the same SSD.

Jeff

BunnyJ, Nov 29, 2014
  6. davehc Win User
    I have exactly the same setup as Bunny. I have had the auto login since the original install with no problems (so far!)

davehc, Nov 29, 2014
  7. dougout Win User
    My setup is a new build with a clean install of Win 10 Enterprise 9879.

The plan is to purchase a retail version of Win 10 for this system when it arrives.

I have also noticed that with this edition that some third party software does not install.

dougout, Nov 29, 2014
  8. BunnyJ New Member

I plan on purchasing the retail version when it comes out as well. At this point I want a new OS on a MS DVD. And yes.. some software doesn't install right now but this is a beta so I would expect that to clear up in the next build or one or so after that.

Jeff

BunnyJ, Nov 29, 2014
  9. usasma Win User
    I don't have the problem either - but I get the checkbox by going to Run and typing in "control userpasswords2" (without the quotes).

usasma, Nov 30, 2014
  10. websquad Win User
    I'm running Build 10049. netplwiz indicates that no password is required and that I have only one registered user. Yet, when I power up I'm getting another user and a login failure, and when I get out of the failure I have two more user names popup on lower left screen, one of which is the correct user name. I click on that, and manually enter the password. This is a pain in the drain...

websquad, Mar 31, 2015
  11. websquad Win User
    So, I got into the screen with the checkbox (which came up unchecked) and checked it and saved the setting. Then I got into it again and unchecked it, and saved that. Apparently, that is what was required, because now I logon without the need (or even the opportunity) to enter a password.

FIXED, but a screwball round-about fix if ever I saw one.

Bob
    <><

websquad, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Log in without password - Similar Threads - Log without password

2. how to log in without a password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    how to log in without a password: I have tried all the options netplwiz , does not work. instead it changed to another account that it created, and on Settings, change password it will not accept it the instructions suggested on microsoft community, to leave blank , but it ask to change password, instead of...
  3. how to log in without a password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to log in without a password: I have tried all the options netplwiz , does not work. instead it changed to another account that it created, and on Settings, change password it will not accept it the instructions suggested on microsoft community, to leave blank , but it ask to change password, instead of...
  4. how to log in without a password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How can I log on without a password?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I log on without a password?: I got stuck in safe mode and decided to switch to diagnostic mode. Despite several restarts, I kept starting in safe mode. Once in diagnostic mode everything I attempted to do required a password which I don't recall ever using to log onto my computer. I ways used a PIN. Is...
  6. Log in Windows 10 without Password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Log in Windows 10 without Password: Hello, I want to connect to windows 10 with my microsoft account not local account but don't want windows to ask me to enter my password each time i wake up my laptop after boost or sleep. I tried unchecking the option in netplwiz but it didn't work. How can i do please?...
  7. Logging into WINDOWS10 "'PROFESSIONAL' without password or pin

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Logging into WINDOWS10 "'PROFESSIONAL' without password or pin: I am the sole user and my laptops as they never leave my house or bedroom due to my age. I have THREE Laptops, all DELLs, TWO with WINDOWS 10 HOME and ONE with WINDOWS 10 PROFESSIONAL. THE TWO "HOME" work fine, I turn on the power, it does its thing and bingo, I get the...
  8. Logging into WINDOWS10 "'PROFESSIONAL' without password or pin

in Windows 10 Support
    Logging into WINDOWS10 "'PROFESSIONAL' without password or pin: I am the sole user and my laptops as they never leave my house or bedroom due to my age. I have THREE Laptops, all DELLs, TWO with WINDOWS 10 HOME and ONE with WINDOWS 10 PROFESSIONAL. THE TWO "HOME" work fine, I turn on the power, it does its thing and bingo, I get the...
  9. How to log into windows 10 without a password

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to log into windows 10 without a password: Hi, recently my relative passed away. He had a huge collection of old laptops which he updated to windows 10. I was given 2, but he has passwords on them and I can't use the laptops because I can't get past the log in screen. Is there anything I can do? Before anyone asks, I...
  10. Let me log in without a password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Let me log in without a password: I don't want to be have to enter a password every time I open my computer. It's a desktop, no one is going to steal it. A password is useless. Just let me remove it without using a local account/adding a new account. There was a automatic log in that I had set up, but it is...