Windows 10: log in

Discus and support log in in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Frequently, I will start my Windows 10 laptop in the morning and receive a message saying roughly: You have used an incorrect password too many times.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Montana Bill, Apr 18, 2021.

1. log in

Frequently, I will start my Windows 10 laptop in the morning and receive a message saying roughly: You have used an incorrect password too many times. To log in, type A1B2C3. Then when the login window comes up, I must change sign-in-options to accept keystrokes. Does this mean some outside actor is attempting to hijack my laptop? And if so, how does my turned-off laptop know about the attempt? I go through a full shutdown at night.

:)

Montana Bill, Apr 18, 2021

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Apr 18, 2021
  3. New TechPowerUp Forums, Early Access

So far I like it with just a few issues, and they are minor.

• The name of the person who created the thread and the date is really lite and hard to read for me.
    • When you are logged in the thread titles are in bold and look great, but when you are logged out they are normal, and very hard to read. We have a lot of users that come, and do not login. So, I suggest changing it to where everything is bold if you are not logged in.
      • logged in

• Logged out

Mindweaver, Apr 18, 2021
  4. zplugger Win User

Black Screen after Log on

Computer boots to windows log on,have no password here.After a minute on log on it go to a black screen,stays there forever. I can get to Task Manager from black Screen,lost on what to do next. Just want my Windows 10 back, not sure what caused this problem. Any Suggestion on what my next step should be?*Sad

zplugger, Apr 18, 2021
Thema:

1. log in - Similar Threads - log

2. Turned off all in Msconfig, can't log in now

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Turned off all in Msconfig, can't log in now: So I was told my Nvidia to go into msconfig to turn off all things, that's how I understood so I messed up. Now I can't log in. It's saying it had issues with pin. "Something happened snd your pin isn't available. Click to set up your pin again. Set up my pin." When I click...
  3. Typing shuts down applications and goes back to log in screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Typing shuts down applications and goes back to log in screen: I bought a new gaming laptop 3 days ago. Installed all updates. When typing it will randomly go to a black screen and then back to the login screen. Did a factory reset which did not help. Exchanged the laptop for exact same model and it is doing the same thing. I have the...
  4. Log in

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Log in: I found all of the settings to have my machine boot up without a password. It was working until Windows added another user with the same name and a blank picture I don't even recall what action preceded this. Now on boot up it tells me that the wrong password was entered. The...
  5. Change Windows10 settings on all accounts without to have to log on each account and change...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change Windows10 settings on all accounts without to have to log on each account and change...: Hi.What is the easiest way to change Windows10 settings on all accounts without to have to log on each account and change settings manually?For example on my machine I have 4 accounts, from 1 to 4. I log on account 1 and change default Win10 settings. How can I copy/change...
  6. Amazon Games App won't let me type in my email and password to log in--Windows 10

Amazon Games App won't let me type in my email and password to log in--Windows 10: I have Windows 10 64-bit Home Edition and I downloaded the Amazon Games App from Download and Install the Amazon Games App - Support Amazon Games. I installed the application and opened it. When I tried to sign into my Amazon account on the app's log in screen, I hovered my...
  7. Why the Task Manager automatically does not start from the Startup folder at user log on?

Why the Task Manager automatically does not start from the Startup folder at user log on?: I want the Task Manager to be able start automatically each time when user login to the Windows. The following article describes how to Add an app to run automatically at startup in Windows 10. I created shortcuts exactly according to the article above. But the Task Manger...
  8. Windows sync has changed my log on

Windows sync has changed my log on: I have a separate microsoft account on each of my devices, with their own user name, password, PIN and login screen picture .Windows has changed one of these to be the same as another machine.I've disabled sync now on all my machines, but the changed login account has...
  9. Cannot signin to accounts already logged on - intermittent

Cannot signin to accounts already logged on - intermittent: Every so often on my W10 x64 PC I cannot sign on to any account which is already logged on. User password seems to be accepted but then screen just goes back to lock screen. Retry numerous times and same result every time. No error message. So have to logon with Admin...
  10. Attached is my EventViewer Log, can someone please help me find out what's wrong?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Attached is my EventViewer Log, can someone please help me find out what's wrong?: Event Viewer Log Bluescreen.evtxStuff that I've done to troubleshoot is reseat my RAM, Test my RAM with memtest86 USB, set my RAM voltage to 1.35 as opposed to default 1.2 volts. Doing the above seems to have fixed my Memory_Management Issues, but Now I'm dealing with...