Windows 10: Log Ins/Outs

Discus and support Log Ins/Outs in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I have noticed that win 10 does not allow a generic log in screen like 7/8 did. I have 3 users on my pc; if I am the only one logged in, and log out,... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by elbmek, Sep 30, 2015.

1. elbmek Win User

I have noticed that win 10 does not allow a generic log in screen like 7/8 did. I have 3 users on my pc; if I am the only one logged in, and log out, it just reboots my desktop. If another is logged in and logs out, the same.

Is there a magic key to return the log in process to the screen where the users are located and then the relevant person just clicks on their log in (no passwords involved).

:)

elbmek, Sep 30, 2015

2. Keep getting " instead of @

Thanks! Struggled for two days trying to sort this out, as it was OK on the other two log-ins!

PolyannaJS, Sep 30, 2015
  3. switching log ins

when i log out of my log in and try to sign into my girl friends log in account nothing shows up and it is really slow it was workinf fine when i first did the windows 10 update but now its all screwed up any ideas for me on what to do ???? because its
    pretty agravating

josephrossi890, Sep 30, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello elbmek, *Smile

This is a known issue in Windows 10. If you don't have a password for an account, and it's the last user, then it'll get signed in to automatically at startup.

I'm afraid that the only way to stop this is to add a password to all accounts on the PC.

Brink, Sep 30, 2015
Thema:

1. Log Ins/Outs - Similar Threads - Log Ins Outs

2. Disappearing 'sign-ins'

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disappearing 'sign-ins': Relatively new to Windows 10. My 'keep me signed in' s are disappearing? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disappearing-sign-ins/2ebca7a4-8635-4608-a919-0983a0e8830b
  3. LOG INS

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    LOG INS: HOW TO CHECK LOG INS ON THIS COMPUTER https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/log-ins/932e741a-4ef8-4132-8374-2e9614d3d266
  4. Windows Logging out

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Logging out: I answered a call which i thought was Microsoft. When i typed in what i was told they took over my machine. When i refused to pay what they wanted they backed out. Now everytime i go to log in in 1 minute my windows logs me out. How can i get rid of them....
  5. log out

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    log out: my stuff has been compromised I want logged out of all communities https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/log-out/511a6042-ac30-4b77-9565-d8635bd97f0f"
  6. log ins

in Windows 10 Customization
    log ins: How do I get rid of the constant log in. I had it fixed till this last update. I am the only one that uses this pc and DO NOT like to constantly log in. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/log-ins/e85a1df1-fdad-4050-8026-a21de86a2e36
  7. Logging Out of Web Site

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Logging Out of Web Site: I was once told that for security purposes, one should always click on the "logout" button on a web site before closing the internet page (i.e. on a banking site or medical site). I was told that this reduces the chance of someone gaining access to the site (versus just...
  8. Plug ins

in Browsers and Email
    Plug ins: I have a site meter to check the traffic on my web page. But when I go to the site meter it says, "Plug in needed" But it doesn't say what plug in I need. 76121
  9. IE Broken Link/Dropping Log Ins

in Browsers and Email
    IE Broken Link/Dropping Log Ins: In IE tools, safety, is a link to Windows Update; its broken, says it cant find a wuapp.exe file. For some reason IE drops my log ins as soon as I leave a site. EMails, Win 10 forum, everything. It never used to. I have checked the settings and can find nothing. I do have...
  10. How to sign/log out

in Windows 10 Support
    How to sign/log out: Occasionally a change made with a program requires you to log/sign out and back in before it will take effect. I use TweakUI to remove the arrows from the desktop shortcuts. (Yes, I know there are other ways.) I'm on Build 10122 and when I went to log out I couldn't find a...