Windows 10: log ins

Discus and support log ins in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; hi Following a recent Windows 10 update, I now have to log in to EVERYTHING afresh on a daily basis - except sometimes it remembers and I don't!... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by IanTait2, Oct 12, 2020.

1. IanTait2 Win User

hi

Following a recent Windows 10 update, I now have to log in to EVERYTHING afresh on a daily basis - except sometimes it remembers and I don't! completely randomly.

This includes e.mails Outlook, EBay, Facebook etc.

Occasionally, I have to log in more than once on the same day infuriating!.

Prior to the update, I didn't have to do any of this. The computer remembered all of this data on a day-to-day basis.

thanks

:)

IanTait2, Oct 12, 2020

2. LOG INS

HOW TO CHECK LOG INS ON THIS COMPUTER

Steve Pfister, Oct 12, 2020
  3. elbmek Win User
    IE Broken Link/Dropping Log Ins

In IE tools, safety, is a link to Windows Update; its broken, says it cant find a wuapp.exe file.

For some reason IE drops my log ins as soon as I leave a site. EMails, Win 10 forum, everything. It never used to. I have checked the settings and can find nothing. I do have remove temp files ticked in advanced tab.

Chrome seems fine regarding remembering log ins

elbmek, Oct 12, 2020
  4. htwmmo Win User

After Windows 10 upgrade, Event Viewer always errors for GWX-Ins logs

After upgrading from windows 8.1 pro to windows 10 pro, now every time I start event viewer and/or move to the Custom Views/Administrative Events, I get these errors:

Query Error

One or more logs in the query have errors

Microsoft-Windows-GWX-Ins/Debug The specified channel could not be found. Check channel configuration

Microsoft-Windows-GWX-Ins/Operational The specified channel could not be found. Check channel configuration

If I go under Applications and Service Logs / Microsoft / Windows, they are listed there as shown in the error (GWX-Inx\Debug and GWX-Ins\Operational), but clicking on either one shows in the right Debug pane:

Event Viewer cannot open the event log or custom view. Verify that Event Log service is running or query is too long. The specified channel could not be found. Check channel configuration (15007)

Trying to clear log on either gets the same error: Event Viewer could not clear the log. The following error occurred: The specified channel could not be found. Check channel configuration

Properties are empty and grayed out for both, e.g. for the Debug log, shows:

Full Name: Microsoft-Windows-GWX-Ins/Debug

Log path: Not Available

Log size: 0 Bytes(0 bytes)

I can't seem to find any way to remove these, so the GWX-Ins isn't there any more. Annoying that every time I go into Event Viewer, I get these errors (and on every refresh).

Anyone have any clue on how to get rid of them? I know it's from the "Get Windows 10" upgrade stuff, but I don't see why this problem was left in the system.

Thanks much

htwmmo, Oct 12, 2020
Thema:

1. log ins - Similar Threads - log ins

2. Reduce Internet Explorer log-ins?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Reduce Internet Explorer log-ins?: Dear Microsoft community,For quite sometime I've had multiple Internet Explorer log-ins even though I don't use it, its only used in my Windows 10 system. As I've seen in my sign-in activity however, the browser comes up as log-ins that are confirmed to be mine, but are...
  3. Reduce Internet Explorer log-ins?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reduce Internet Explorer log-ins?: Dear Microsoft community,For quite sometime I've had multiple Internet Explorer log-ins even though I don't use it, its only used in my Windows 10 system. As I've seen in my sign-in activity however, the browser comes up as log-ins that are confirmed to be mine, but are...
  4. Reduce Internet Explorer log-ins?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to remove Administrative Organization from Requiring Controlling Log-Ins on My Personal...

How to remove Administrative Organization from Requiring Controlling Log-Ins on My Personal...: The initial issue began when I put in my pin it wanted me to reset my pin saying my administrative organization or something required it. This has probably been going one for a good year--closer to two. I just haven't been able to find a solution and it only becomes a problem...
  6. Strange log ins on my Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Strange log ins on my Microsoft Account: Hello there!Every few days I get this strange sign in entry on my windows account. What is strange about this is the fact that is the same IP as any of my previous sign ins. so it should be me. The entry took place about three minutes after booting up my pc and is labeled as...
  7. Strange log ins on my Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Strange log ins on my Microsoft Account: Hello there!Every few days I get this strange sign in entry on my windows account. What is strange about this is the fact that is the same IP as any of my previous sign ins. so it should be me. The entry took place about three minutes after booting up my pc and is labeled as...
  8. TRYING TO DELETE DUPLICATE MICROSOFT LOG INS

TRYING TO DELETE DUPLICATE MICROSOFT LOG INS: My original Microsoft login was created using an email address internet provider which I have not used in well over a decade. When I log in, Microsoft shows 3 separate login options, 2 of which are NOT valid. I have been unable to figure out or get Microsoft to understand...
  9. LOG INS

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    LOG INS: HOW TO CHECK LOG INS ON THIS COMPUTER https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/log-ins/932e741a-4ef8-4132-8374-2e9614d3d266
  10. log ins

in Windows 10 Customization
    log ins: How do I get rid of the constant log in. I had it fixed till this last update. I am the only one that uses this pc and DO NOT like to constantly log in. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/log-ins/e85a1df1-fdad-4050-8026-a21de86a2e36