Windows 10: Log into another device from my main device

Discus and support Log into another device from my main device in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have just recently upgraded my desktop PC from Windows 7 Pro N to Windows 10 Pro N. I also have a Surface Pro 4 running Windows 10 Pro. Both are on... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Stephen Wilkinson 84, Jan 11, 2020.

1. Log into another device from my main device

I have just recently upgraded my desktop PC from Windows 7 Pro N to Windows 10 Pro N. I also have a Surface Pro 4 running Windows 10 Pro. Both are on version 1909.

Build versions:

PC - 18363.418

Surface Pro 4 - 18363.535

I use my Microsoft account for both machines *** Email address is removed for privacy ***.

Both machines are connected to the same network, and can see each other in Network Discovery. I also have sharing turned on on both devices.

The problem I am facing is that I want to be able to navigate through the Surface Pro 4 from my desktop and vice versa when the need arises.

So, in Network Discovery I double click on whichever device I want to navigate through, i.e. From my desktop I double click the Surface Pro 4.

The Windows credentials screen pops up asking for username and password, so I pop my Microsoft account address in and then type the password for it, but it just keeps saying that my password is incorrect. I know 100% it isn't, as I have just logged into this support page with the exact same credentials.

How do I do it? It was so simple with Windows 7!

:)

Stephen Wilkinson 84, Jan 11, 2020

2. X800 GTO2 = Unknown Device

I flashed the BIOS on my X800 GTO2 last night and it is listed in the Device Manager as an Unknown Device. Is this normal?

blsnelling, Jan 11, 2020
  3. 7IM
    7im Win User
    GPU-Z device list enumeration, device order?

Specifically, how are the the GPUs listed in the drop down sorted, or determined? Vendor and PCI ID? OS hardware device list? Other?

Sorry if this was answered somewhere already. Searching for "GPU LIST ORDER" and like terms were not helpful.

Thanks.

4. Log into another device from my main device

Device Manager Un-Hiding Hidden Devices

When you connect a plug and play device, Windows Plug and Play manager detects it, finds and installs the driver. Device Manager lists the device with a solid icon.

The driver is only removed when you uninstall the device, not simply by disconnecting the device. When the device is disconnected, its driver is still installed. By default, Device Manager only displays connected devices. When you show hidden devices, note the Bluetooth icon you see is semi-transparent (not opaque). That indicates a "non-present" device. Sometimes also called a "ghost" device. The driver is still installed but the device is not currently detected (i.e. not connected).

Device can be disconnected when
    • Device unplugged (e.g. removing a USB device)
    • Turning a device OFF
    • Disabling the device in BIOS (then windows won't detect it) or
    • Device failure

So
    • Check BIOS as suggested
    • Check board connections
    • Can b/t be turned off by a switch? or keyboard combination?
    Also possible the b/t h/w failed

ComputerGeek, Jan 11, 2020
Thema:

1. Log into another device from my main device - Similar Threads - Log another device

2. hotspot from another devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hotspot from another devices: عندما اقوم بالتصال عن طريق الهاتف المحمول او اي هاتف اخر بالانترنت يعطيني انه تم الاتصال بالشبكة ولكن عندما اقوم بالبحث او فعل اي شيء يقوم باستخدام الانترنت لا يقوم بالأتصال في حين انه عندما اقوم بالأتصال الأنترنت المزلي لا تحدث اي مشاكل...
  3. hotspot from another devices

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    hotspot from another devices: عندما اقوم بالتصال عن طريق الهاتف المحمول او اي هاتف اخر بالانترنت يعطيني انه تم الاتصال بالشبكة ولكن عندما اقوم بالبحث او فعل اي شيء يقوم باستخدام الانترنت لا يقوم بالأتصال في حين انه عندما اقوم بالأتصال الأنترنت المزلي لا تحدث اي مشاكل...
  4. hotspot from another devices

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Device manager confusing on device for another?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Device manager confusing on device for another?: My device manager is confusing one device for another. Specifically the generic bluetooth radio for a bluetooth dongle. The generic bluetooth raido device in my computer has always had an error code 31, I assume something went wrong in my building of it. I had an easy enough...
  6. Purchased Minecraft on another device but unable to download it on another device.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Purchased Minecraft on another device but unable to download it on another device.: Hi everyone, I purchased Minecraft Window 10 on my brothers PC using my Microsoft account and I would like to download Minecraft on my laptop but when I go to download I have to buy it again. Is there anyway where I can download it on my laptop or will I have to buy it again?...
  7. sign in on another device

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    sign in on another device: Yesterday (6/26/19) I got a notice there was a problem with my account and took me to setting where it had a button that said fix it so I hit that and now I can not sign in on my other device. How do I fix this?...
  8. in Windows Media Player, how to sync from device to another device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    in Windows Media Player, how to sync from device to another device: So I have a flash drive full of audio files. I want to create a duplicate of this flash drive (that is, I want to load all the files onto another flash drive.) But Windows Media Player will not sync from flash drive to flash drive? So I go to the "Burn" menu. And all it will...
  9. Projecting to another device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Projecting to another device: When projecting from my PC (running Windows 10) to a digital TV via an HDMI cable, the image on the TV is not full size and I lose a small margin of the image, so about 97% coverage. If I change to duplicate the image projected on the TV is complete but much smaller, around...
  10. Using the current device's product key on my another device.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Using the current device's product key on my another device.: Hello, My 6 year old PC has Windows 10 PRO (Retail License). It came with Windows 7 Home which also was successfully upgraded to Windows 10 Home (OEM License). Now, I have bought a new PC which came with Windows 10 Home. How do I use my retail PRO product key in my new laptop...