Windows 10: Log Into Windows - Forgot PIN - Factory Reset Computer?

Discus and support Log Into Windows - Forgot PIN - Factory Reset Computer? in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hello, I am trying to virtually help my computer-illiterate dad set up a new computer that I got him for Christmas fun, I know. So without me, he... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Oddlooped, Dec 27, 2020.

1. Oddlooped Win User

Hello, I am trying to virtually help my computer-illiterate dad set up a new computer that I got him for Christmas fun, I know. So without me, he opened the system and did the first steps of setting it up. Now he is unable to sign in. He logged in without a Microsoft account the first time and doesn't remembers creating the PIN code it is asking for and the fingerprint reader is not working. On the log in screen when you click "sign-in options" the only options it gives are to either use fingerprint or a PIN. There is no other option to use a password to access your account assuming since he never created a Microsoft account, only fingerprint and PIN. There is no "I forgot my PIN" or " I forgot my password" button to click to reset it. And even worse, every single time now it wants him to enter a challenge code of A1B2C3 on every attempt which just further complicated everything. If there is no way to get into his computer now without a PIN or fingerprint, is there just anyway to factory reset the PC and start over at this point if there is no way to log-in?

:)

Oddlooped, Dec 27, 2020

2. Log-in Pin is incorrect after Anniversary update

I had the same issue after my update on Windows 10. I knew that my pin hadn't changed but it was saying it was incorrect. So I said that I forgot my pin and it started going through the steps to reset the pin entered my regular password and when the window popped up to set a new pin I said cancel and then I chose the option to set my pin later. I exited the screen, logged off logged back in, and set up a new pin which happened to be the same pin I had before and it worked. If this still doesn't work I can show step by step screen shots if you need. I have a surface 3 with Windows 10 fully updated 10.0.14393.0

mattman565, Dec 27, 2020
  3. David Haz Win User
    Forgot my pin how do reset I it in windows 10

Hello,

If you have forgotten your PIN to sign in to Windows 10, you may log in with your password and reset it in Windows 10. Here's how:

• On your lock screen, under the PIN entry box, select Sign-in options
      and sign in with your password.
    • After logging in, select the Start button, then select
      Settings
      > Accounts > Sign-in options, and select
      I forgot my PIN.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions on how to create a new PIN.

If you have further questions, feel free to ask us.

David Haz, Dec 27, 2020
  4. Letrebien Win User

Unable to log into computer; Forgot the Pin

*Original title: password issues

I forgot my pin to log into my computer and I have logging into my Microsoft account as my alternate log in. I've tried to log in but it will not accept my password. I changed my password and tried again. It still doesn't work. Can you help me with information
    of how to log in using my Microsoft account. I have a HP PAVILION NOTEBOOK.

Letrebien, Dec 27, 2020
Thema:

1. Log Into Windows - Forgot PIN - Factory Reset Computer? - Similar Threads - Log Forgot PIN

2. forgot pin to log into acer laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    forgot pin to log into acer laptop: forgot pin on acer laptop and it wont give me a forgot pin prompt https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/forgot-pin-to-log-into-acer-laptop/6e35c285-1ecd-4a17-82fe-1a6ea971b4b9
  3. forgot pin to log into acer laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    forgot pin to log into acer laptop: forgot pin on acer laptop and it wont give me a forgot pin prompt https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/forgot-pin-to-log-into-acer-laptop/6e35c285-1ecd-4a17-82fe-1a6ea971b4b9
  4. Can't log in forgot my pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't log in forgot my pin: I simply forgotten my login then and password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-log-in-forgot-my-pin/f9d7f517-6352-44da-bd09-292f56d87a4b
  5. Forgot PIN with No Other Log-In Options

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forgot PIN with No Other Log-In Options: I am attempting to log-in to my PC. However, I forgot the PIN. I entered too many incorrect PINs, and now, to attempt to enter a PIN again, I have to enter the A1B2C3 challenge phrase. Once I do that, the PC presents me with the blank PIN field, and nothing else. I do not...
  6. Forgot PIN with No Other Log-In Options

Forgot PIN with No Other Log-In Options: I am attempting to log-in to my PC. However, I forgot the PIN. I entered too many incorrect PINs, and now, to attempt to enter a PIN again, I have to enter the A1B2C3 challenge phrase. Once I do that, the PC presents me with the blank PIN field, and nothing else. I do not...
  7. Help with resetting pin to log into computer

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Help with resetting pin to log into computer: I use a pin number to sign in to my computer. I'd like to change the pin number, but when I go through the steps, it seems to be asking me to log in to my microsoft account. When I try to do that, it says it doesn't recognize my account. But I can sign into my account by...
  8. Help with resetting pin to log into computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help with resetting pin to log into computer: I use a pin number to sign in to my computer. I'd like to change the pin number, but when I go through the steps, it seems to be asking me to log in to my microsoft account. When I try to do that, it says it doesn't recognize my account. But I can sign into my account by...
  9. Help with resetting pin to log into computer

10. Can't log in with fingerprint. Forgot Pin, Forgot PW. Can't reset PC.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't log in with fingerprint. Forgot Pin, Forgot PW. Can't reset PC.: I'm completely stuck atm. I don't know what's wrong with microsoft honestly. I used to use fingerprint scanner to log in for 6 months straight. So now suddenly, I need to use a pin to log in, which i forgot. That's my fault, whatever. Then I taught let me take the loss and...