Windows 10: Log off all but current user

Discus and support Log off all but current user in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi, I have a computer that my kids use for their schoolwork and need to find a way to enforce logging off all but the current user. I have "microsoft... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by adoucette, Sep 24, 2018.

1. adoucette Win User

Log off all but current user

Hi,
    I have a computer that my kids use for their schoolwork and need to find a way to enforce logging off all but the current user.
    I have "microsoft family" limiting the amount of time the kids can spend on the computer each day and when they run out of time it simply locks their local computer account instead of logging off. (Of course, telling them to log off before time runs out has had mixed results.)
    When the next kid logs in, the system is slow because one or more previous are already logged in.
    How can I set up this computer to log out all but the current user? I know this may mean that some user loses their work or context when their session is force-logged-out.
    I already have disable fast user switching set, as well as the new setting to prevent logging in the current user after restart.
    Is this a local policy thing, or a script I'll need to set to run?

Thanks,
    Ari

:)

adoucette, Sep 24, 2018
  2. Kreij Win User

Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, Sep 24, 2018
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Sep 24, 2018
  4. Log off all but current user

Logging Off Current User

I don't see the option of "logging off" the current user from the power button in Windows 10. My computer has different user accounts and I would like for any user to be able to log off at the end of their session without turning off the computer. Can
    this feature be added to the Power button?

AudyAlvarez, Sep 24, 2018
Thema:

Log off all but current user

1. Log off all but current user - Similar Threads - Log off current

2. User logged off or the session is locked?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User logged off or the session is locked?: Hi,Is it possible to identify using the event viewer or other tools if a user logged off from his workstation or he only locked the session?And if the session is locked, how can I distinguish between the user actively locked the session or if the session was locked due to...
  3. User logged off or the session is locked?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    User logged off or the session is locked?: Hi,Is it possible to identify using the event viewer or other tools if a user logged off from his workstation or he only locked the session?And if the session is locked, how can I distinguish between the user actively locked the session or if the session was locked due to...
  4. User logged off or the session is locked?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Backend process to log off User/Windows

in Windows 10 Customization
    Backend process to log off User/Windows: Hi,Does anyone know what is the backend process name that logs off windows user or windows? like winlogon.exe is process that work in backend when windows starts. wat process is invoked when User logs off / log out windows session?...
  6. Cortana for current and all users

in Cortana
    Cortana for current and all users: Hi, I uninstalled cortana, but now i want to reinstall it, but i found that there are 2 version, 1 for current users and 1 for all users. What are the differences between them? Which version should I get, and which version go along with Win 10 through Media creation tool??...
  7. How to switch user if the other user didn't log off?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to switch user if the other user didn't log off?: Please help me how to switch user on HP Windows 10 desktop if the other user forgot to log off/exit out from log-in desktop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-switch-user-if-the-other-user-didnt-log-off/c70cc2c3-c6cf-4b2d-a301-8081d34b9fc8
  8. Log off all but current user

in Windows 10 Support
    Log off all but current user: Hi, I have a computer that my kids use for their schoolwork and need to find a way to enforce logging off all but the current user. I have "microsoft family" limiting the amount of time the kids can spend on the computer each day and when they run out of time it simply locks...
  9. New user logged off at log-on

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    New user logged off at log-on: I have upgraded my Vaio laptop to Win 10 Home, and with my single admin user have created a new non-admin local user (not with a Microsoft account). When logging in with this local user the log-on screen immediately says "Signing out" and that's it. Nothing. I've been...
  10. End all current user processes via shortcut

in Windows 10 Support
    End all current user processes via shortcut: adwcleaner dose a neat thing where it closes all user processes, can I batch run that to a short cut key? 2 or 4 times a week my win10 lags hard from either search indexing or a virus scan or to much mem in use, if I can flush most user processes then I can at least use my PC...