Windows 10: Log Off/Shutdown

Discus and support Log Off/Shutdown in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Our home W10 PC contains 4 user accounts. Three of the users log in then shutdown the PC when they have finished using the shutdown at the bottom left... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by tony bowman w10, Dec 7, 2018.

1. Log Off/Shutdown

Our home W10 PC contains 4 user accounts. Three of the users log in then shutdown the PC when they have finished using the shutdown at the bottom left hand side of the screen. When I boot the PC and log in the other users accounts say that they are still logged in to the PC but to access their account they still need to enter their password. My issue is that when I have logged in I log out then I have to wait until the power shutdown button appears at the bottom right hand side of the screen before I can power off and I get warnings that other users are still logged in and they may loose data. My antivirus has a setting to automatically shutdown the PC once a scan has completed but refuses to shutdown as other users are logged in. Is there a setting for a user to automatically be logged out when a PC is powered down?

:)

tony bowman w10, Dec 7, 2018
  2. roy111 Win User

Somebody else is logged in at shutdown

I have the same message when i shutdown and restart, since updating to 1709, win 10 pro,
    i don't think someone is actually logged in, hope someone know more...

Step to reproduce:

A

logut

on the login window select shut down or restart

the message appears

B

turn on pc

on the login window do not log in

select shut down or restart

the message appears

roy111, Dec 7, 2018
  3. oldeboye Win User
    Restart and shutdown do not function from START button

If I select restart or shutdown from the log in screen, they work. Both also work from safe mode with networking.

Nothing obvious in the event log.

Any suggestions for the next step?

oldeboye, Dec 7, 2018
  4. Sam Vimes Win User

Log Off/Shutdown

How can I log processes/sevices that are causing slow shutdown?

Hi Ed.....

I took a look at the event viewer as suggested and all it showed was that the event log was stopped and that I'd started a shutdown.

Any other suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks

Sam Vimes, Dec 7, 2018
Thema:

Log Off/Shutdown

1. Log Off/Shutdown - Similar Threads - Log Off Shutdown

2. Shutdown problem. logs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shutdown problem. logs: Günlük Adı: System Kaynak: EventLog Tarih: 23.12.2022 22:52:34 Olay Kimliği: 6008 Görev Kategorisi:Yok Düzey: Hata Anahtar sözcükler:Klasik Kullanıcı: Yok Bilgisayar: DESKTOP-R29RETJ Açıklama: 22:14:11, ‎23.‎12.‎2022 tarihinde gerçekleşen önceki sistem kapanışı beklenmiyordu....
  3. Shutdown problem. logs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shutdown problem. logs: Günlük Adı: System Kaynak: EventLog Tarih: 23.12.2022 22:52:34 Olay Kimliği: 6008 Görev Kategorisi:Yok Düzey: Hata Anahtar sözcükler:Klasik Kullanıcı: Yok Bilgisayar: DESKTOP-R29RETJ Açıklama: 22:14:11, ‎23.‎12.‎2022 tarihinde gerçekleşen önceki sistem kapanışı beklenmiyordu....
  4. Windows 11 Log-On/Off & Shutdown Sounds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Log-On/Off & Shutdown Sounds: Hi,I want to apply the log-on, log-off & shutdown sounds to my windows 11 laptop made by HP. I tried a couple of methods, but even after that, the sounds don't play when required. Is there anything you could do?...
  5. Windows 11 Log-On/Off & Shutdown Sounds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Log-On/Off & Shutdown Sounds: Hi,I want to apply the log-on, log-off & shutdown sounds to my windows 11 laptop made by HP. I tried a couple of methods, but even after that, the sounds don't play when required. Is there anything you could do?...
  6. Windows shutdown, login and log off sounds are missing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows shutdown, login and log off sounds are missing: Hello. I noticed that the windows shutdown, login and logoff themes are missing. Did they get removed or is there a way to actually enable them. I tried the method of setting the number to 0 in regedit and enabling the sounds but that did not work. I would like it if there...
  7. Shutdown or Log off in a Citrix Windows 10 VDI session

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Shutdown or Log off in a Citrix Windows 10 VDI session: Hi Community gurus, Hoping you could advise. During the outbreak, most of my teams are working from home and being offered a Windows 10 VDI remote login on Citrix server. In my organisation, there is a token limit and therefore we are not allowed to stay in the session...
  8. Windows shutdown;log on;log off is not hearing

Windows shutdown;log on;log off is not hearing: I using windows 10 pro I accidentali turned off the log on;log off and shutdown sound in registry What to do? Any answers? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-shutdownlog-onlog-off-is-not-hearing/228d2cab-0c3f-4cc7-a1ef-04fb92053f83
  9. Change the colour of the Shutdown/Log-off screen?

Change the colour of the Shutdown/Log-off screen?: I know how to change the colour of the log on screen but not the log off screen, any ideas? 31153
  10. Win 10 restart or shutdown doesn't log off

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 restart or shutdown doesn't log off: On my computer with Windows 10 OS, I sometimes saw strange messages saying that there is other user logged in when trying to shutdown or restart the computer. It turned out that Windows 10 preserves running programs in your account and does NOT log you off when you shutdown...