Windows 10: Log Off/Shutdown

Discus and support Log Off/Shutdown in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Our home W10 PC contains 4 user accounts. Three of the users log in then shutdown the PC when they have finished using the shutdown at the bottom left... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by tony bowman w10, Dec 7, 2018.

1. Log Off/Shutdown

Our home W10 PC contains 4 user accounts. Three of the users log in then shutdown the PC when they have finished using the shutdown at the bottom left hand side of the screen. When I boot the PC and log in the other users accounts say that they are still logged in to the PC but to access their account they still need to enter their password. My issue is that when I have logged in I log out then I have to wait until the power shutdown button appears at the bottom right hand side of the screen before I can power off and I get warnings that other users are still logged in and they may loose data. My antivirus has a setting to automatically shutdown the PC once a scan has completed but refuses to shutdown as other users are logged in. Is there a setting for a user to automatically be logged out when a PC is powered down?

:)

tony bowman w10, Dec 7, 2018
  2. roy111 Win User

Somebody else is logged in at shutdown

I have the same message when i shutdown and restart, since updating to 1709, win 10 pro,
    i don't think someone is actually logged in, hope someone know more...

Step to reproduce:

A

logut

on the login window select shut down or restart

the message appears

B

turn on pc

on the login window do not log in

select shut down or restart

the message appears

roy111, Dec 7, 2018
  3. oldeboye Win User
    Restart and shutdown do not function from START button

If I select restart or shutdown from the log in screen, they work. Both also work from safe mode with networking.

Nothing obvious in the event log.

Any suggestions for the next step?

oldeboye, Dec 7, 2018
  4. Sam Vimes Win User

Log Off/Shutdown

How can I log processes/sevices that are causing slow shutdown?

Hi Ed.....

I took a look at the event viewer as suggested and all it showed was that the event log was stopped and that I'd started a shutdown.

Any other suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks

Sam Vimes, Dec 7, 2018
Thema:

Log Off/Shutdown

1. Log Off/Shutdown - Similar Threads - Log Off Shutdown

2. Change the colour of the Shutdown/Log-off screen?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change the colour of the Shutdown/Log-off screen?: I know how to change the colour of the log on screen but not the log off screen, any ideas? 31153
  3. How do i change the colour of the Log off/Shutdown/Restarting screen?

How do i change the colour of the Log off/Shutdown/Restarting screen?: As the title says, i want the log off screen colour to be different to my accent colour. 21719
  4. Enabling shutdown sound/turning off fast shutdown?

Enabling shutdown sound/turning off fast shutdown?: I've browsed through a few threads on here, and because of that, I was able to figure out how to disable fast startup (which allows me to listen to the startup sound), but also replace it as well since I believe by default, there is no startup sound in Windows 10. However,...
  5. New user logged off at log-on

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    New user logged off at log-on: I have upgraded my Vaio laptop to Win 10 Home, and with my single admin user have created a new non-admin local user (not with a Microsoft account). When logging in with this local user the log-on screen immediately says "Signing out" and that's it. Nothing. I've been...
  6. Somebody else is logged in at shutdown

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Somebody else is logged in at shutdown: Since a week or two back I have started to get a popup that someone else is logged on when I am about to shut down the computer. This is a bit scary. Has anyone else also got this experience? /Windows 10 Pro user 99345
  7. Unexpected shutdown in evnt log

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unexpected shutdown in evnt log: Not much to go on but this morning around 10am I tried to get my main machine out of the lock screen but no response. I ended up doing a hard reset and it booted normally. Checking the event log at 10am it says the computer unexpectedly shutdown at 03.24 but scrolling back...
  8. Event Log 7031 Errors on Shutdown

in Windows 10 Support
    Event Log 7031 Errors on Shutdown: This appears to be a general issue with windows 10, I always get the following errors on shutdown: The VMware Workstation Server service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 1 time(s). The following corrective action will be taken in 60000 milliseconds: Restart the...
  9. Shutdown/startup process logging

in Windows 10 Support
    Shutdown/startup process logging: Does anyone know of a comprehensive guide to what should be recorded as a result of a default shutdown/startup sequence, i.e. what normal events/event IDs should I see in Event Viewer with fast startup enabled as opposed to any different events/event IDs recorded if fast...
  10. Win 10 restart or shutdown doesn't log off

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 restart or shutdown doesn't log off: On my computer with Windows 10 OS, I sometimes saw strange messages saying that there is other user logged in when trying to shutdown or restart the computer. It turned out that Windows 10 preserves running programs in your account and does NOT log you off when you shutdown...