Windows 10: log on problems

Discus and support log on problems in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I have had the same computer for many years never changed my password. Starting about two weeks ago I have been prompted to create a pin when I log on... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by CharlesSkalka, May 1, 2020.

1. log on problems

I have had the same computer for many years never changed my password. Starting about two weeks ago I have been prompted to create a pin when I log on the only way around this is rebooting my computer sometimes more than once. Now starting today I cannot log in with out an internet connection. Again I have never changed my password and until recently never needed an internet connection to log on. When I go into my sign in options all the windows hello options are no used. I would like to permanently disable the "pin" request and be able to log on with out the internet or having to change my password. How do I do that?

Charles

:)

CharlesSkalka, May 1, 2020
  2. dalchina Win User

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, May 1, 2020
  3. MW2 Problem

I think the game is booting, then Steam is trying to boot, but is hanging during the login process, hell it may be sitting there wait for you to enter your password.

Try this, turn Steam On and log in. Click on the game listed in the "My Games" tab to start MW2 and see if the problem continues. If that does not work, you have 2 other suggestions above.

TheLaughingMan, May 1, 2020
  4. zplugger Win User

log on problems

Black Screen after Log on

Computer boots to windows log on,have no password here.After a minute on log on it go to a black screen,stays there forever. I can get to Task Manager from black Screen,lost on what to do next. Just want my Windows 10 back, not sure what caused this problem. Any Suggestion on what my next step should be?*Sad

zplugger, May 1, 2020
Thema:

log on problems

1. log on problems - Similar Threads - log problems

2. Local Activation warning showing up in event log and corresponds to a problem with...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Local Activation warning showing up in event log and corresponds to a problem with...: The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID {2593F8B9-4EAF-457C-B68A-50F6B8EA6B54} and APPID {15C20B67-12E7-4BB6-92BB-7AFF07997402} to the user SWISHER-LAP-1\jeff SID...
  3. Problems setting my laptop to log in with my Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Problems setting my laptop to log in with my Microsoft account: I'm trying to set my laptop to log in using my Microsoft account. I've clicked the "Sign in with Microsoft account instead" button, I've logged in to my Microsoft account, and my local account, but then I get told that "Steve is here already". I think this is because the...
  4. Problems with Windows Account log-in and Windows Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Problems with Windows Account log-in and Windows Store: Hi. I just got a brand-new HP laptop that runs Windows 10 Home 1903. I set my Windows account details, but it does not log in correctly. I tried to reset the password, restart the system, even reset Windows from scratch with no luck. It seems there is a problem with...
  5. I am having a problem keeping OneDrive logged in

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I am having a problem keeping OneDrive logged in: I am having a problem keeping OneDrive logged in. Why is this happening? * Moved from Health & Band * Original title: OneDrive * OS assumed to be Win 10...
  6. Pin problems logging to a different PC

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Pin problems logging to a different PC: Good morning I have issues logging on to a different PC since you get texted a code to your phone and I had my phone number changed to a different one Thanks...
  7. problems changing log in PIN

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    problems changing log in PIN: How do I change the PIN I use to log-in to my computer? I know that I'm supposed to go to the sign-in options and change it under the "Windows Hello Pin" but it says that the option is unavailable and it asks me to log in to a school or work Microsoft account it doesn't...
  8. Serious problems log in with microsoft account

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Serious problems log in with microsoft account: Hi, I have tried everything to log in. Let me explain: I know my PIN and my password. However, the system does not recognise them and it says that "there is an error with my PIN and it is not available". When I press to configure my PIN, the system restarts. When I have...
  9. Log in problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Log in problem: Hello, this will be quite a long post so embrace yourseves. A friend of mine (which isn't very tech savy) has bought herself a new laptop that came preinstalled with windows 10. When she configured it, she entered a friend@yahoo .com email address, instead of friend@gmail...
  10. Windows 10 log in problems

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 log in problems: Hi looking for some help. When i log into my laptop it takes me to the desktop then says it couldn’t log into my account and it signs me in with a temporary profile. I have tried numerous fixes i have read online and each one has failed because they need more hard drive space...