Windows 10: Log-on screen wallpaper gets removed after applying Windows 10 high contrast theme files.

Discus and support Log-on screen wallpaper gets removed after applying Windows 10 high contrast theme files. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, If I apply high contrast black theme on Windows 10 Log-On screen wallpaper got replaced by black color. Is there any setting that is to be done... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Pooja_G, May 30, 2019.

1. Pooja_G Win User

Log-on screen wallpaper gets removed after applying Windows 10 high contrast theme files.

Hi,

If I apply high contrast black theme on Windows 10 Log-On screen wallpaper got replaced by black color.

Is there any setting that is to be done in order to keep log-on screen wallpaper untouched? or can we add log-off screen wallpaper image related information in the .theme file itself.

Another query, sometimes windows theme automatically gets changed to default aero after login-logouts.

:)

Pooja_G, May 30, 2019
  2. IanRenouf Win User

High Contrast theme affecting other user profiles

In a school environment I have a user that requires the High Contrast Theme. On a Windows 10 Enterprise machine she logs on to her domain user account and sets the theme to High Contrast #1. She logs off and the same High Contrast #1 theme applies to the
    logon screen. When another user logs on the High Contrast #1 theme applies to that user as well.

How can one user's theme affect other users?

I have tried setting non High Contrast Windows 10 themes and these do not result in this problem.

I have been able to reproduce this on 3 Windows 10 Pro machines joined to a different domain and a standalone Windows 10 Pro laptop with local users.

The same test on Windows 7, 8 and 8.1 does not result in this problem but it seems a reproducible problem on Windows 10.

Is anyone else having this problem?

Any ideas on a fix?

IanRenouf, May 30, 2019
  3. how to turn off high contrast

Hi,

Follow these steps on how to turn high contrast mode on or off in Windows:

• Type "high contrast settings" in the search box, and then select High contrast settings from the list of results.
    • Under Choose a theme, select a high contrast theme from the drop-down menu, and then select Apply.
    • To turn off high contrast mode, select None from the drop-down menu, and then select Apply.
    • To turn high contrast mode on or off from the sign-in screen, select the Ease of Access button in the lower-right corner and choose High Contrast.
    • To turn high contrast on or off from the keyboard, press left Alt + left Shift + Print
      Screen.

Keep us updated with the result.

Marvin Barc, May 30, 2019
  4. IanRenouf Win User

Log-on screen wallpaper gets removed after applying Windows 10 high contrast theme files.

High Contrast theme affecting other user profiles

Thanks for your reply.

If only that was the case Shawn.

I know that's how it's supposed to work but my experience is as I described - when she logs off (or uses switch user) the high contrast colour scheme still applies. When the next user who previously did not have the High Contrast theme applied logs on their
    profile loads with the High Contrast theme as well. All subsequent users have the High Contrast theme imposed on their profile.

How can one user's theme affect other users theme settings?

IanRenouf, May 30, 2019
Thema:

1. Log-on screen wallpaper gets removed after applying Windows 10 high contrast theme files. - Similar Threads - Log screen wallpaper

2. When I turn off "High Contrast" I get an error that says "This theme can't be applied to...

in Windows 10 Customization
    When I turn off "High Contrast" I get an error that says "This theme can't be applied to...: When I click to turn "High Contrast" off I get an error that says "THis theme can't be applied to the desktop." https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-turn-off-high-contrast-i-get-an-error-that/b490638d-38d7-463d-86f7-7c4eedc5cbde
  3. Black screen after applying a theme

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen after applying a theme: Hello, I was trying to edit a Windows Theme (NOT located in Resources/Themes but in my Downloads folder) with msstyleEditor and pressed "Test". The corrupt theme was applied and I now get a black screen on reboot. I've read Fix Black Screen on Windows 10 Caused by Corrupt...
  4. Windows 10 high contrast theme: Any way to remove button separators on the taskbar?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 high contrast theme: Any way to remove button separators on the taskbar?: I use the High contrast theme for Windows 10 because it allows for customization of the Window metric colors natively. I noticed that Taskbar buttons on the left and right side both have vertical separators between them, and they seem to be reliant on the Title bar text...
  5. High contrast office theme without setting system to high contrast?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    High contrast office theme without setting system to high contrast?: Can I set Office programs to high contrast individually without setting my entire system to high contrast? I have an OLED display, so I'm looking for as much black as possible and high contrast is perfect. submitted by /u/normiewageslave [link] [comments]...
  6. Windows 10 stuck on High Contrast #1 Theme

Windows 10 stuck on High Contrast #1 Theme: Windows 10 version 1803 always boots up with the High Contrast #1 Theme set? *Shock note 1:Themes were working fine up to the version 1709 update? *chuckle note 2: I was forced to re-install after a crashed disk and again themes worked fine up until version 1709. This is a...
  7. How to apply high contrast theme to specific apps only?

How to apply high contrast theme to specific apps only?: There is a system wide theme option in Windows 10 that is called high contrast. I want to apply this theme only to certain apps/programs, while keeping everything else as they are. 124122
  8. High Contrast Themes in W8.1 and W10

High Contrast Themes in W8.1 and W10: I have made a brief outline on how to apply high contrast themes in W8.1 and W10. In W7 the technique is different. High contrast is a big advantage for those like me who have a reduced vision. The outline is at my One Drive. Because of the setup I chose, it would have...
  9. High Contrast Theme Problem

High Contrast Theme Problem: After about 4 weeks of windows 10 I'm still dealing with visual clarity issues. I have bad eyesight, so I'm forced to use high contrast themes. If I use a regular 10 themes, type fonts are very grey and I cannot adjust the brightness or contrast to my liking. I've tried...
  10. High Contrast Theme Font Change

High Contrast Theme Font Change: I have to use HC themes because normal windows 10 themes are washed out and light grey text for me. The problem is I cannot change the font size, which is 9 point size for everything. I was think 10 point. A reboot does not help. Is it because of the HC theme ro...