Windows 10: Log on to Start screen in Tablet Mode, how to?

Discus and support Log on to Start screen in Tablet Mode, how to? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I use my tablet in Tablet Mode mostly. When I log in, I'd like to see the Start Screen. But I can't find any setting for that! When I log in, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by markweatherill, Nov 6, 2015.

1. Log on to Start screen in Tablet Mode, how to?

Hi,

I use my tablet in Tablet Mode mostly. When I log in, I'd like to see the Start Screen. But I can't find any setting for that!
    When I log in, I see just a blank screen and must press the Start button to get the Start Screen.

:)

markweatherill, Nov 6, 2015

2. Windows 10 Start sidebar

Hi there.

Is there a way to bringing back side bar when you click Start? On a desktop I have set Start to full screen but when clicked it opens in Tablet mode with a hamburger in the top left and not with full side bar (no the tablet mode is not activated in the notification
    centre).

Here is how this bug was created. This is the family desktop and when another family member logged into W10 for the first time on this desktop she has had a tablet on tablet mode with Windows settings sync button on. So once she logged into this W10 desktop
    for the first time the desktop display went from 1980X1200 to 1200X800 and into the tablet mode automatically. I was able to restore 1980X1200 from the display setting but the full side bar was never recovered even after I have toggled on and off the buttons
    in Personalization-Start a number of times.

The desktop is stuck on Tablet Hamburger of Start and I always have to extra click to get the full side bar. Any solution? Normally for various bugs I have seen on forums a command line given for the shell mode to clear the memory/cache but couldn't find any
    for this. Thanks.

GurtejS1ngh, Nov 6, 2015
  3. missing start page after sign in to Windows

Tablet mode is one way to do it, but it's not the way I want. Tablet mode also changes other settings. I want the option to show the Start Screen on sign-in, not the desktop. This option still existed in Windows 10 up until an update last year, as explained
    in this post:

How To Always Log On To The Start Screen (Metro) On Windows 10 When You Sign On – Liberian Geek

But the options to restore that functionality were since removed, and Tablet mode doesn't sufficiently replicate it.

Please advise.

Matthew DesOrmeaux, Nov 6, 2015
Thema:

Log on to Start screen in Tablet Mode, how to?

1. Log on to Start screen in Tablet Mode, how to? - Similar Threads - Log Start screen

2. Tablet mode not enabling when flipping the screen into tablet mode.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tablet mode not enabling when flipping the screen into tablet mode.: I have an LG Gram it is a 2-1 so it usually would have tablet mode enabled whenever I flipped my screen around but this no longer works. It is one Windows 11 OS build 22621.1485, version 22H2. Is this issue related to Windows 11?...
  3. Tablet mode not enabling when flipping the screen into tablet mode.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Tablet mode not enabling when flipping the screen into tablet mode.: I have an LG Gram it is a 2-1 so it usually would have tablet mode enabled whenever I flipped my screen around but this no longer works. It is one Windows 11 OS build 22621.1485, version 22H2. Is this issue related to Windows 11?...
  4. Tablet screen keyboard while not in tablet mode

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Tablet screen keyboard while not in tablet mode: I have an HP Envy X360. Until recently I could turn on the tablet on-screen keyboard while it was functioning as a laptop. This was really useful as I have arm injuries and sometimes I can barely type. The swipe function was great. Since I did a fresh install of windows this...
  5. Screen not rotating in tablet mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen not rotating in tablet mode: It has been rotating normally until this morning. I noticed people have experienced problems for a long time. What I didn't find were any fixes from Microsoft. The posts are also locked so does that prevent community members from helping each other. Currently, this device is...
  6. how to make chrome start on startup in tablet mode

in Browsers and Email
    how to make chrome start on startup in tablet mode: I followed these instructions. Now when I start the computer in regular (desktop mode) it works, chrome launches. I need it to work in tablet mode though. And it doesn't. When I start in tablet mode and switch to desktop, chrome launches, not by itself in tablet mode 132651
  7. how to make chrome start on startup in tablet mode

in Windows 10 Support
    how to make chrome start on startup in tablet mode: I followed these instructions. Now when I start the computer in regular (desktop mode) it works, chrome launches. I need it to work in tablet mode though. And it doesn't. When I start in tablet mode and switch to desktop, chrome launches, not by itself in tablet mode 132651
  8. Start screen option in tablet mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start screen option in tablet mode: Is it possible to have the apps pane (burger menu top left corner) remain open when viewing the start screen I find this screen extremely dull compared to 8.1, I think the lack of colour has a big impact. 27494
  9. Start Screen (tablet mode) steals focus

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Start Screen (tablet mode) steals focus: I am currently running Windows 10 Home in Tablet Mode. Problem is, the Start Screen steals focus. For instance, let's say I write a new message in Thunderbird. After I post it, the message window is closed, but focus does not go back to the originating program. Start...
  10. Start Menu in Tablet Mode Style

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu in Tablet Mode Style: When I open my start menu, it opens on tablet mode. My tablet mode is turned off. Help me please. What is happening: Screenshot 21323