Windows 10: log on with an already-established local account

Discus and support log on with an already-established local account in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; After a recent update, local accounts do not show up on one of our pcs. The sign-in screen only accepts an e-mail address, as for a microsoft... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Allen Benner-Smith, Oct 8, 2018.

1. log on with an already-established local account

After a recent update, local accounts do not show up on one of our pcs. The sign-in screen only accepts an e-mail address, as for a microsoft account. I can log on with my administrator Microsoft account, and the local users' folders are there, but "Other User" on the sign-in screen doesn't accept those local account names.

:)

Allen Benner-Smith, Oct 8, 2018

2. Local account installation question

I'm fairly certain that Skip this step was available in 10.0.130 - the workaround in Step 20 (back button) is no longer required.

The currently known, as of 10.0.130, ways to create a Local account sign-in are
    • Skip this step at the MS account creation phase
    • No Internet connection during the install
    • static IP (post# 2 by Fragment) - New (to me anyway)

Slartybart, Oct 8, 2018
  3. Allan Mej Win User
    Log out of local account

Hi,

Logging in an account to the Windows Store will automatically bound your local account with your Microsoft account. You can log in to the

web version of the WindowsStore
    instead to prevent this issue from recurring. To log out an account of the Windows Store, kindly follow these steps:

• Open Windows Store.
    • Click your account icon beside the Search box.

log on with an already-established local account 324b6283-915b-4863-b7e7-8dcc637170e9.png
    • Click your profile.

log on with an already-established local account 3474ff0a-d0b8-4bc3-bea4-019c3c0e889e.png
    • Click Sign out.

Now, proceed in removing your Microsoft account and password by following these steps:

• Go to Settings>Account>Your email and accounts.
    • Click Sign in with a local account instead and follow the on-screen instructions.
    • After setting up the new local account, go back to Settings>Account>Your email and accounts.
    • Select your email account and click Remove.

Should you have more concerns, feel free to post.

Regards.

Allan Mej, Oct 8, 2018
  4. log on with an already-established local account

Switch Back to Existing Local Account from Microsoft Account

Hi,

Thank you for posting your response in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern, and we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way we can.

I suggest that you follow the steps below and check if you can log into your computer using the Local Account.

• On the Search Bar type “User Account”.
      • On the right menu pane locate and click “Make changes to my account in this PC”.
      • Then locate and click on “Sign in With a Local Account instead”.
      • And follow on screen instructions.
    Hope this information is helpful.

Vanessa Sohtun, Oct 8, 2018
Thema:

log on with an already-established local account

1. log on with an already-established local account - Similar Threads - log already established

2. No option to log into local account with PIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No option to log into local account with PIN: I cannot log into my desktop computer Windows 10 with my PIN. It was working find, but after relocating the computer and turning it back on, it no longer gives me an option to use my PIN to log in and I can't remember the password. When I select reset my password, it takes me...
  3. log in with pin on a local account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    log in with pin on a local account: I am currently trying to change my already set pin on windows 10, and windows is not allowing me.My computer has always had a local user, I purposely never used a logged in account because most of the time I do not want a password on my pc at all.A while ago I set a pin as my...
  4. log in with pin on a local account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    log in with pin on a local account: I am currently trying to change my already set pin on windows 10, and windows is not allowing me.My computer has always had a local user, I purposely never used a logged in account because most of the time I do not want a password on my pc at all.A while ago I set a pin as my...
  5. log in with pin on a local account

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Help with Log In as Local Account

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help with Log In as Local Account: So my PC for some weird reason forces me to add the prefix " .\ " before my username. By default, it expects me to login as a domain. Is there any way to change this? So I can login using only my username (and password)? submitted by /u/Watchmen__ [link] [comments]...
  7. Local account log in

in Windows 10 Customization
    Local account log in: I accidenatlly logged into my computer using my mom’s microsoft account and now all my personaliziations are the ones from her computer and I cannot log out. Also, when I went accounts in settings the “log into local account instead” message isn’t there Thank you...
  8. Switched to Local Account and Can't Log In

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Switched to Local Account and Can't Log In: Trying to switch from one Microsoft account to another on laptop. Went through set up as local user, typed in password 2x and hint. Went to next steps as screen instructed. Tried to log in under local user and password wont work. How can I get back in and sign in with my...
  9. Cannot link local account to Microsoft account as account 'here already'

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cannot link local account to Microsoft account as account 'here already': Hello, I linked my Microsoft account to an admin account on Windows, and then removed it. I shifted over to a new user profile and have tried to link to Microsoft, but I always get the message that the email is 'here already' even though I have deleted the old user account...
  10. Can't log out of local account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can't log out of local account: For a couple months I've had a single account without password protection - never had to purposefully log out - just shut down. I added another account a couple days ago. Now the PC hangs up with a blank screen for about 5 minutes when I try to log out. Eventually the PC...