Windows 10: Logged in, but personal settings are gone and can't access files.

Discus and support Logged in, but personal settings are gone and can't access files. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Okay this is a weird one, and I'm not totally sure how to explain it. Today when I turned on my computer, all my personal settings were gone - color... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by DreDre65, Jun 26, 2022.

1. DreDre65 Win User

Logged in, but personal settings are gone and can't access files.

Okay this is a weird one, and I'm not totally sure how to explain it. Today when I turned on my computer, all my personal settings were gone - color scheme, desktop background, taskbar apps etc. Icons look old. Pictures on computer are gone, but still viewable through one drive. When I first turned on my computer, I got a "preparing Windows" cue, which I haven't seen before. I got an error code after I logged in I didn't save it that told me my account was offline and not syncing? and accessing and updating any files on my computer would result in data lost. It told me to sign out and back

:)

DreDre65, Jun 26, 2022
  2. Tatty_One Win User

Saves log files ?

You can either read the files in Windows or my preferred method is.....

Download CCcleaner from here...........

http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner

You can then run cleaner, you will see the log files listed, then if you right click you can save as a text file and then have a read. You may also get an "error reporting" log listed seperatly.

Tatty_One, Jun 26, 2022
  3. New TechPowerUp Forums, Early Access

So far I like it with just a few issues, and they are minor.

• The name of the person who created the thread and the date is really lite and hard to read for me.
    • When you are logged in the thread titles are in bold and look great, but when you are logged out they are normal, and very hard to read. We have a lot of users that come, and do not login. So, I suggest changing it to where everything is bold if you are not logged in.
      • logged in

Logged in, but personal settings are gone and can't access files. [​IMG]

• Logged out

Logged in, but personal settings are gone and can't access files. [​IMG]

Mindweaver, Jun 26, 2022
  4. Logged in, but personal settings are gone and can't access files.

Settings/Personalization

Hi,

We suggest that you follow the steps below to put your settings back to default and see if it helps.

• Right-click your mouse on your desktop.
    • Click on Personalize.
    • Select Colors.
    • Click on High contrast settings.
    • From the drop-down menu, select None.
    • Click Apply.
    • Reboot the PC for the changes to take effect.

Let us know the result.

Rafael Com, Jun 26, 2022
Thema:

Logged in, but personal settings are gone and can't access files.

1. Logged in, but personal settings are gone and can't access files. - Similar Threads - Logged personal settings

2. Logged in, but personal settings are gone and can't access files.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Logged in, but personal settings are gone and can't access files.: Okay this is a weird one, and I'm not totally sure how to explain it. Today when I turned on my computer, all my personal settings were gone - color scheme, desktop background, taskbar apps etc. Icons look old. Pictures on computer are gone, but still viewable through one...
  3. Logged in, but personal settings are gone and can't access files.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Logged in, but personal settings are gone and can't access files.: Okay this is a weird one, and I'm not totally sure how to explain it. Today when I turned on my computer, all my personal settings were gone - color scheme, desktop background, taskbar apps etc. Icons look old. Pictures on computer are gone, but still viewable through one...
  4. Can't access my Personal Vault

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't access my Personal Vault: I can't access my Personal Vault. After I put my password in and go through the Verification procedure I get a message saying that "We couldn't unlock your Personal Vault. We encountered an unexpected error and could not unlock your Personal Vault. Please try again. You can...
  5. Can't access settings!!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't access settings!!: Every time I attempt to click the settings button, the screen comes up as if it is loading and then a second later it disappears and I am unable to access it! Any help is appreciated! I tried to look online but everything that I found has not worked yet!...
  6. Can't Access Settings

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't Access Settings: I click it and nothing happens, I've tried Windows Button + I and a few other things. I've run SFC, all with no luck. By the way this is a clean install of Windows 10, it was working this morning, hardly done anything to it yet! Any advice please....
  7. Can't access my personal vault

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't access my personal vault: I'm logged into my Microsoft OneDrive account. However, when I try to access my personal vault to get a code sent to me - I'm stopped in my tracks with the following message "There's a temporary problem with the service. Please try again. If you continue to get this message,...
  8. log on gone.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    log on gone.: My laptop just froze completely so I rebooted but now it starts automatically without having to log on, no prompt for my password which sounds very suspicious, should I be worried?...
  9. Can't access settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't access settings: I cannot access settings (it wont open each time i try) and setting like on the picture looks lock so i cant access them either[IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-access-settings/b10a99f9-0a94-4378-ad64-c729510041ac
  10. Softwares can't access their own setting file

in Windows 10 Support
    Softwares can't access their own setting file: Suddenly, one day several software can't access their own setting files or files located inside their own folder because the entire "Program Files" folders are protected. It's a good idea to protect the program files but you should at least allow programs to access folder in...