Windows 10: Logged in on a work computer I shouldn’t of, how can I hide my name from log in screen?

Discus and support Logged in on a work computer I shouldn’t of, how can I hide my name from log in screen? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I’m at work and needed to access a program only installed on a different PC, so logged in and did my work. Only after doing this I spotted an email... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ellisroses, Jul 21, 2020.

1. Logged in on a work computer I shouldn’t of, how can I hide my name from log in screen?

I’m at work and needed to access a program only installed on a different PC, so logged in and did my work. Only after doing this I spotted an email that due to covid we are to not hot desk and must stay on our own devices. No one saw me, but now that computer upon login has my username, and then other user beneath. How can I get rid of my username? I’m not an admin, and can’t be as it’s a big company and that’s way above my role. I only want to hide it so the person whose computer it is won’t know I’ve been on it. I’m panicking!

submitted by /u/ellisroses
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ellisroses, Jul 21, 2020

2. My Project Log:

Well, I did do a step-by-step picture log when RM & I was doing the plexi box... I'll see what I can work up in word. The latest will be Thursday since both today and tomorrow I have 14 hour days..

*Toast :toast:

Cold Storm, Jul 21, 2020
  3. haysr Win User
    Change Computer Name in Windows 10, can't log in

I changed my computer name using the settings option (first way listed) in the tutorial Change Computer Name in Windows 10 .

Fine. But now I can no longer log in. My ordinary login works on another computer just fine, so it's to do with the login being associated with this computer's name. What to do?

Thanks.
    Bob

haysr, Jul 21, 2020
  4. window10 Win User

Logged in on a work computer I shouldn’t of, how can I hide my name from log in screen?

How do I change log-in user name in Windows10?

I let a friend log into my Windows 10 laptop. Now I can't seem to find a way where I change user name so I can log in. I have searched forums ... one suggestion was to right click on the user name or power button .... didn't work for me.

I have not created a user name recovery disk or something of that nature ... so that won't work for me either.

I tried F8 to get into safe mode so that I can delete the user .. but can't seem to get into safe mode with F8.

Any other ideas?

window10, Jul 21, 2020
Thema:

Logged in on a work computer I shouldn’t of, how can I hide my name from log in screen?

1. Logged in on a work computer I shouldn’t of, how can I hide my name from log in screen? - Similar Threads - Logged computer shouldn’t

2. How can I log in automatically?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How can I log in automatically?: Hello. I have Windows 10 Pro 2004 19041.329 and when I start I have to press enter every time to switch to the lockscreen. I did fresh install, I didn't activate anything and I'm on a local account....
  3. How can I change my windows 10 pro log in name and users folder name ?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How can I change my windows 10 pro log in name and users folder name ?: When the windows is loading up after restarting the pc and I need to type my pin number to log in above it the name of the pc is my email [email protected] and in the C:\Users my user name folder is rhoda [ATTACH] I want to change rhoda to but when I click on rhoda it's...
  4. How can I change my windows 10 pro log in name and users folder name ?

in Windows 10 Support
    How can I change my windows 10 pro log in name and users folder name ?: When the windows is loading up after restarting the pc and I need to type my pin number to log in above it the name of the pc is my email [email protected] and in the C:\Users my user name folder is rhoda [ATTACH] I want to change rhoda to but when I click on rhoda it's...
  5. How can I log myself out of other computers from my main computer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I log myself out of other computers from my main computer: How can I log myself out of other computers from my main computer... I helped some people setup there laptops but I logged myself in as the admin and they were supposed log me off and take my profile off there laptop... and they still haven't done it... and now I dont talk to...
  6. I can not log into my desktop

I can not log into my desktop: I can log into my live account on the internet, but anytime i try to log into my desktop with the same account attached to it i get an error message that says “We can’t sign into your account.” Afterward it directs me to a guest user that has no access to my files. I tried...
  7. how can I log on as Administrator

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how can I log on as Administrator: how can I log on as Administrator https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-log-on-as-administrator/9984e6b6-06bf-4330-928a-f7003e8e3c30"
  8. I can't log into my computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I can't log into my computer: My son gave me his old computer to use and after I added myself and went to log in it says I'm using the wrong password. Now I've tried changing my password and everything and it says the same thing. I just don't get it. It shows the computer as one of my devices in my...
  9. How do I change the log in name?

How do I change the log in name?: I would like to change the log in name. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-the-log-in-name/5552d4a8-b5ab-47e0-bb62-dc8974189350
  10. How Do I Change the name on log in page from Admin to my own name?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How Do I Change the name on log in page from Admin to my own name?: Hi A member of my family recently had their laptop repaired after a virus attack. She has managed to set up a background picture, but is unable to change the name on the log in page from Admin to her own name. I have searched for an answer, but I can't find one. Can...