Windows 10: Logged in on a work computer I shouldn’t of, how can I hide my name from log in screen?

Discus and support Logged in on a work computer I shouldn’t of, how can I hide my name from log in screen? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I’m at work and needed to access a program only installed on a different PC, so logged in and did my work. Only after doing this I spotted an email... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ellisroses, Jul 21, 2020.

1. Logged in on a work computer I shouldn’t of, how can I hide my name from log in screen?

I’m at work and needed to access a program only installed on a different PC, so logged in and did my work. Only after doing this I spotted an email that due to covid we are to not hot desk and must stay on our own devices. No one saw me, but now that computer upon login has my username, and then other user beneath. How can I get rid of my username? I’m not an admin, and can’t be as it’s a big company and that’s way above my role. I only want to hide it so the person whose computer it is won’t know I’ve been on it. I’m panicking!

submitted by /u/ellisroses
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ellisroses, Jul 21, 2020

2. My Project Log:

Well, I did do a step-by-step picture log when RM & I was doing the plexi box... I'll see what I can work up in word. The latest will be Thursday since both today and tomorrow I have 14 hour days..

*Toast :toast:

Cold Storm, Jul 21, 2020
  3. haysr Win User
    Change Computer Name in Windows 10, can't log in

I changed my computer name using the settings option (first way listed) in the tutorial Change Computer Name in Windows 10 .

Fine. But now I can no longer log in. My ordinary login works on another computer just fine, so it's to do with the login being associated with this computer's name. What to do?

Thanks.
    Bob

haysr, Jul 21, 2020
  4. window10 Win User

Logged in on a work computer I shouldn’t of, how can I hide my name from log in screen?

How do I change log-in user name in Windows10?

I let a friend log into my Windows 10 laptop. Now I can't seem to find a way where I change user name so I can log in. I have searched forums ... one suggestion was to right click on the user name or power button .... didn't work for me.

I have not created a user name recovery disk or something of that nature ... so that won't work for me either.

I tried F8 to get into safe mode so that I can delete the user .. but can't seem to get into safe mode with F8.

Any other ideas?

window10, Jul 21, 2020
Thema:

Logged in on a work computer I shouldn’t of, how can I hide my name from log in screen?

1. Logged in on a work computer I shouldn’t of, how can I hide my name from log in screen? - Similar Threads - Logged computer shouldn’t

2. How can i log into my computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can i log into my computer?: I’m trying to login to my ASUS vivobook laptop and i am typing in my pin to enter and it keeps saying that it is incorrect or my computer has been reset too many times. I did as it requested and waited 2 hours before trying again, but nothing is working. It also will not...
  3. How can i log into my computer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can i log into my computer?: I’m trying to login to my ASUS vivobook laptop and i am typing in my pin to enter and it keeps saying that it is incorrect or my computer has been reset too many times. I did as it requested and waited 2 hours before trying again, but nothing is working. It also will not...
  4. How can i log into my computer?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. I can not get past the log in screen on my computer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can not get past the log in screen on my computer.: When I type in my PIN, it says “Your Credentials could not be verified”. The only option is to hit OK. Which then gives me the message “Something went wrong and your PIN isn’t available status: 0xc000006d, substats:: 0x0. Click to set up your PIN again. So, I then click Set...
  6. I can not get past the log in screen on my computer.

I can not get past the log in screen on my computer.: When I type in my PIN, it says “Your Credentials could not be verified”. The only option is to hit OK. Which then gives me the message “Something went wrong and your PIN isn’t available status: 0xc000006d, substats:: 0x0. Click to set up your PIN again. So, I then click Set...
  7. I can not get past the log in screen on my computer.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  8. how can I change the profile type or the log name on my computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can I change the profile type or the log name on my computer?: I have this phrase in my computer: MY -PC /Mom, I want to remove the word Mom. I think this is the Log name on my computer. I am trying to change the profile type in order to do so, and my computer doesn't give me the option to do so. I think this is also the profile user...
  9. how can I change the profile type or the log name on my computer?

how can I change the profile type or the log name on my computer?: I have this phrase in my computer: MY -PC /Mom, I want to remove the word Mom. I think this is the Log name on my computer. I am trying to change the profile type in order to do so, and my computer doesn't give me the option to do so. I think this is also the profile user...
  10. i have a different name on my log in screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    i have a different name on my log in screen: a Person named Leo D.... name shows up in my log in screen. I just bought this computer a few days ago. the time is off and everything. I have tried to contact Microsoft about this but the phone doesn't work and when I do the online thing they tell me they have detected...