Windows 10: logged in user not shown in c:\users\user

Discus and support logged in user not shown in c:\users\user in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I log onto my computer as "Joe", showing as a local account with administrator privileges, but there is no "joe" under c:\users\user. Instead, when I... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Impster, Dec 5, 2017.

1. Impster Win User

logged in user not shown in c:\users\user

I log onto my computer as "Joe", showing as a local account with administrator privileges, but there is no "joe" under c:\users\user. Instead, when I make changes, they show up in c:\users\users (Appdata and things like that). Could "Joe" somehow be an alias for "user"? When I use "whoami" the response is always "user" not "Joe".

:)

Impster, Dec 5, 2017
  2. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello lmpster, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

When you open a command prompt while signed in as "Joe", what path does the prompt show to confirm?

This will be the user profile folder for the account.

From what you described, it sounds like the user profile folder will be named "user" instead.

If so, you can use the method in the tutorial below to rename the user profile folder to what you want instead.

*Arrow Change Name of User Profile Folder in Windows 10 User Accounts Tutorials

Brink, Dec 5, 2017
Thema:

logged in user not shown in c:\users\user

1. logged in user not shown in c:\users\user - Similar Threads - logged user shown

2. After Scan, No Log File is shown ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After Scan, No Log File is shown ?: After Scan, No Log File is shown ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-scan-no-log-file-is-shown/bb1d24b2-e4e7-461b-b204-199cc0d745b0
  3. After Scan, No Log File is shown ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After Scan, No Log File is shown ?: After Scan, No Log File is shown ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-scan-no-log-file-is-shown/bb1d24b2-e4e7-461b-b204-199cc0d745b0
  4. Windows 11: User folder not shown in C:\Users

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11: User folder not shown in C:\Users: Hi,I recently installed Windows 11 and upgraded to the last version. I moved the Videos, Download, Pictures and Documents folders to the D:\ drive using the Ubication tab of each folder, and then I realized thay my user folder is not shown anymore in C:\Users. Even activating...
  5. Windows 11: User folder not shown in C:\Users

Windows 11: User folder not shown in C:\Users: Hi,I recently installed Windows 11 and upgraded to the last version. I moved the Videos, Download, Pictures and Documents folders to the D:\ drive using the Ubication tab of each folder, and then I realized thay my user folder is not shown anymore in C:\Users. Even activating...
  6. No other users are being shown on the log in screen and I can't log in to those users at...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No other users are being shown on the log in screen and I can't log in to those users at...: My Laptop: Samsung Galaxy Book Flex2 AlphaVersion of Windows: Windows 11 Home https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-other-users-are-being-shown-on-the-log-in/e6e3333a-fac4-408d-9a00-9a140859466a
  7. No other users are being shown on the log in screen and I can't log in to those users at...

No other users are being shown on the log in screen and I can't log in to those users at...: My Laptop: Samsung Galaxy Book Flex2 AlphaVersion of Windows: Windows 11 Home https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-other-users-are-being-shown-on-the-log-in/e6e3333a-fac4-408d-9a00-9a140859466a
  8. Other users are not shown on switch user

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Other users are not shown on switch user: I have a Acer Aspire E 15 E5-576G-5762 laptop with Windows Home 10 64 bit ver 20H2OS Build 19042.985 "as a Standalone home use Machine". I have already read and followed all instructions to resolve this issue which exists for innumerable users but till date it remain...
  9. User Accounts As Shown

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User Accounts As Shown: Under users on drive C: have all of the following plus my user account: .Net v4.5 .Net v4.5 Classic Admini~1 All users Default Default Users Default.Migrated Default App Pool Public However when I go to users in control panel only shows my account. Also at times...
  10. User name not shown in C:\Users

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    User name not shown in C:\Users: Since updating from Win 7 to Window 10 - I have 'lost' the appropriate user name in C:\users. Therefore when trying to set 2 other computers to recognise this particular laptop is not possible. My account is Local, and the network is private. A visit to C:\users shows the...