Windows 10: Logged into a temporary account and the only existing profile appears to be deleted from...

Discus and support Logged into a temporary account and the only existing profile appears to be deleted from... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Opened the laptop and a message showed saying "preparing windows for recovery...this might take up to an hour". After the process I signed in to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AdityaSarkar1, Jan 6, 2019.

1. Logged into a temporary account and the only existing profile appears to be deleted from...

Opened the laptop and a message showed saying "preparing windows for recovery...this might take up to an hour". After the process I signed in to windows and it said "Could not log into your account" and "You have been logged into a temporary profile."

I tried to sign out and sign in again several times as suggested by the error message but nothing changed. Then I tried to recover my data from the profile folder in C:/Users but the folder contained only default, public and temp subfolders as shown in the screenshot below.

I want to restore the previous profile with all the data or atleast the data only if not the profile.

NOTE: The data is important. Don't care about anything else.

Logged into a temporary account and the only existing profile appears to be deleted from... d9a1f7de-d0c2-4d7f-a348-d8c3a4ced05b?upload=true.png orresponding to that user was not there.

:)

AdityaSarkar1, Jan 6, 2019

2. Temporary Profile on Logon

Hi Elaine,

Being signed in with a temporary profile may occur if the user account is not loaded correctly or has been removed from the system. For us to properly assist you in rectifying this unusual behavior, supply more information by answering these questions:

• Is your PC connected to a domain?
    • Were you able to load the same profile on your computer before using the new hard drive?
    • What exactly is being logged in as "temporary profile"? Is it another user account on your computer?
    • Aside from using the new hard drive, have you made any recent changes to your device prior to this happening?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Your reply is greatly appreciated.

Dhavelyn Mer, Jan 6, 2019
  3. NavyLCDR Win User
    Weird account name and lost Administrator rights.

Well, I know what I would do.

Under Settings, Accounts, Family & other users, then under Other users, add someone else to this PC. Then click the link for "the person I want to add doesn't have an email address". Then click the link for "Add a user without a Microsoft account". Then enter a temporary user name like TempAdmin. When the account appears in the Other Users list, click on it. Click change account type. Make the temporary account an Administrator.

Log in as the temporary administrator account, and copy all the files you want to keep from both the Andrius folders under Users to the temporary account's folder. Then delete whatever Andrius users are listed under settings, accounts. Go back to the Users folders and delete any remaining Andrius folders in there. Reboot the computer, log in as the temporary administrator and recreate an Andrius account using the exact same steps you made the temporary account - you can convert it to a Microsoft account if you want later.

Then do the rest of the steps to copy all your files back and delete the temporary administrator account.

NavyLCDR, Jan 6, 2019
  4. Logged into a temporary account and the only existing profile appears to be deleted from...

Fix You've been signed in with a temporary profile in Windows 10  

I came home today and had to log in to my desktop. When I did it said it was preparing Windows and I was taken to the temporary profile. I followed the tutorial to delete the profile folder path (step 9). At some point in the process, I confirmed that I could see my old files in C: \Users\BriggsDesktop. When I restarted, it went through the "We're glad you're here" screens. However it took me back to the desktop that looks just like the temporary profile one. I can no longer find all of my files. I tried doing a restore, but it did not complete successfully. Suggestions?

Justinbriggs, Jan 6, 2019
Thema:

Logged into a temporary account and the only existing profile appears to be deleted from...

1. Logged into a temporary account and the only existing profile appears to be deleted from... - Similar Threads - Logged temporary account

2. Can't log in into Microsoft account from Windows, using temporary profile instead

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't log in into Microsoft account from Windows, using temporary profile instead: I tried today logging in into my regular account from Windows, and instead of logging me in - it logs me in into a temporary account and shows the following error: "We can't sign in to your account".I tried the following instructions described in the appropriate support page...
  3. Can't log in into Microsoft account from Windows, using temporary profile instead

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't log in into Microsoft account from Windows, using temporary profile instead: I tried today logging in into my regular account from Windows, and instead of logging me in - it logs me in into a temporary account and shows the following error: "We can't sign in to your account".I tried the following instructions described in the appropriate support page...
  4. Recover deleted Temporary profile.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recover deleted Temporary profile.: Hey.I need help if someone is willing to help me. Yesterday my laptop opened up a temporary profile. And because I dont know alot about tech, I mistakenly moved my work into a temporary profile because I just thought I had a system reset. Today, it has gone back to its usual...
  5. Recover deleted Temporary profile.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recover deleted Temporary profile.: Hey.I need help if someone is willing to help me. Yesterday my laptop opened up a temporary profile. And because I dont know alot about tech, I mistakenly moved my work into a temporary profile because I just thought I had a system reset. Today, it has gone back to its usual...
  6. Recover deleted Temporary profile.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. windows can't sign in account. Only with a temporary profile

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows can't sign in account. Only with a temporary profile: windows keeps signing me in with a temporary profile cant fix. Tried many fixes. Even a new profile but can't link user file to it. Please help...
  8. Cannot Sign In To Your Account - Log On With A Temporary Profile

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot Sign In To Your Account - Log On With A Temporary Profile: Hi, I started using Windows 10 around MAY2020. There are constantly updates. Until recently, probably SEP or OCT2020, after some updates, there is this "temporary profile" issue causing me not being able to bookmark website and change display settings. First, I used my...
  9. Keep on logging on temporary profile

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Keep on logging on temporary profile: I just bought a laptop, then a windows update pops up and whenever I tried installing it it gets stucked on a loading windows screen, so I looked into some troubleshoots for this problem, until I came across to a suggestion to delete my previous windows files which is in the...
  10. Temporary Profile Log In

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Temporary Profile Log In: When I log in I get a pop up that says I am logging in with a temporary profile and I can't access my Microsoft Office documents. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/temporary-profile-log-in/ba82d217-0ff4-477c-bf11-1f7d7ff01c1b"