Windows 10: Logged into work account, now I can't get rid of work security settings

Discus and support Logged into work account, now I can't get rid of work security settings in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I logged into my work Microsoft account on my personal device. I've now logged out, but it has kept the security policies and effectively locked me out... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Lance Berry, Feb 9, 2023.

1. Logged into work account, now I can't get rid of work security settings

I logged into my work Microsoft account on my personal device. I've now logged out, but it has kept the security policies and effectively locked me out of my own device.When I try to open games I get "Your organization used Device Guard to block this app. Contact your support person for more info"When I try to uninstall applications I get: "Your organisation used Windows Defender Application Control to block this app" I've already completely reset local group policy settings. It did nothing. I've restarted multiple times. Logged in and out of personal Microsoft account etc. Also nothingPlease

:)

Lance Berry, Feb 9, 2023
  2. angus Win User

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Feb 9, 2023
  3. DeanKent Win User
    Microsoft account set as a work account and a Microsoft Account

Hi

Somehow I seem to have gotten my old personal Microsoft account muddled up with my work account. If I go to account management from the Start screen of Windows 10, in the Accounts used by other apps section it lists the same account twice. One as a Microsoft
    Account, and then again the same account as a Work Account.

This seems to confuse both Microsoft and myself when I log into Office 365 etc. How can I get rid of the personal account of the same name?

DeanKent, Feb 9, 2023
  4. Logged into work account, now I can't get rid of work security settings

Unable to set up new computer with windows 11 work account

Hi Jose, thanks for your reply. However, if you read my question again you'll see that I'm having this problem on a fresh install so I can't log in at all. The steps you suggest only work if I go offline and create a local account first, log in, go back online and THEN connect to my work account.

As I stated at the end of my post, I don't want to do it this way because I'm concerned that installing the local account is a security vulnerability, but if there's no other way to get windows set up then I'll be forced to do it. Surely it shouldn't be necessary, though??

Mattias Flander, Feb 9, 2023
Thema:

Logged into work account, now I can't get rid of work security settings

1. Logged into work account, now I can't get rid of work security settings - Similar Threads - Logged account can't

2. Can't get rid of old Teams Work or School account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't get rid of old Teams Work or School account: I can't seem to get rid of a MS Teams account from a former employer.The account from my former employer, continues to show up as a login option when I open the new Teams. I've followed the instructions for removing old accounts, and it does not show up as an option to...
  3. Can't get rid of old Teams Work or School account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't get rid of old Teams Work or School account: I can't seem to get rid of a MS Teams account from a former employer.The account from my former employer, continues to show up as a login option when I open the new Teams. I've followed the instructions for removing old accounts, and it does not show up as an option to...
  4. How to get rid of an work account I can't access?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get rid of an work account I can't access?: Features connected to Microsoft are being annoying. I can't disconnect the organization account, and it's since been deleted. So because I can't sign into the account I can't disconnect the account. It should also be mention that when attempting to sign in, it just straight...
  5. How to get rid of an work account I can't access?

How to get rid of an work account I can't access?: Features connected to Microsoft are being annoying. I can't disconnect the organization account, and it's since been deleted. So because I can't sign into the account I can't disconnect the account. It should also be mention that when attempting to sign in, it just straight...
  6. Can't get rid of an old work account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't get rid of an old work account: I had a work Exchange account which I used on my personal laptop for OneDrive, Outlook, Teams, etc. I no longer work there and I can't access the account. But try as I might I can't get rid of all the traces of it. It took me a long time to work out how to stop the...
  7. Can't get rid of an old work account

Can't get rid of an old work account: I had a work Exchange account which I used on my personal laptop for OneDrive, Outlook, Teams, etc. I no longer work there and I can't access the account. But try as I might I can't get rid of all the traces of it. It took me a long time to work out how to stop the...
  8. Logged into work account, now I can't get rid of work security settings

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Logged into work account, now I can't get rid of work security settings: I logged into my work Microsoft account on my personal device. I've now logged out, but it has kept the security policies and effectively locked me out of my own device.When I try to open games I get "Your organization used Device Guard to block this app. Contact your support...
  9. Logged into work account, now I can't get rid of work security settings

Logged into work account, now I can't get rid of work security settings: I logged into my work Microsoft account on my personal device. I've now logged out, but it has kept the security policies and effectively locked me out of my own device.When I try to open games I get "Your organization used Device Guard to block this app. Contact your support...
  10. Setting up a new surface and can't log in with work account

Setting up a new surface and can't log in with work account: Hello,I am setting up a new surface and I could only start with a local account. The option work or school account demands a security key on a usb, which I cannot find we to do it.My work account is office 365 Business, and the os is Windows 11.Thanks n...