Windows 10: Logged off from OneDrive and Cortana

Discus and support Logged off from OneDrive and Cortana in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I had recently encountered a strange problem: time by time I am getting logged off from OneDrive and Cortana. I just turn on my PC and a OneDrive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by altproject, Oct 20, 2015.

1. Logged off from OneDrive and Cortana

I had recently encountered a strange problem: time by time I am getting logged off from OneDrive and Cortana. I just turn on my PC and a OneDrive greeting window appears, welcoming me to log in and set up sync, just like I never did it before. The same problem with Cortana - she just randomly turn off and I have to set her up (entering my name, adding interests, weather e.t.c.). Any suggestions?

:)

altproject, Oct 20, 2015

2. Gain acess to my computer

I realize that the problem is with OneDrive or the Microsoft account. If i log off from Microsoft account and log of from onedrive i can change the read only attribute of my documents, but if i log in i can't.

LuisSevero, Oct 20, 2015
  3. need to remove the read only atribute of picture folder.

I realize that the problem is with OneDrive or the Microsoft account. If i log off from Microsoft account and log of from onedrive i can change the read only attribute of my documents, but if i log
    in i can't.

LuisSevero, Oct 20, 2015
  4. Logged off from OneDrive and Cortana

Hi,

I have seen this mentioned before and also had it once
    The only possible link to what might cause it is if you have your taskbar on autohide

Not sure why that should affect it, but have seen that as the cause a couple of times

paulsalter, Oct 20, 2015
  5. swarfega Win User
    Have you signed your Windows 10 into your Microsoft account?

swarfega, Oct 20, 2015
  6. Hi have mine on autohide and had no trouble so could be a bug he has somewhere on his system

Wonder if he has gone into Action Centre and set up there as that is where I did all my setup for weather, location etc

hTconeM9user, Oct 20, 2015
  7. Thanks, good to know

This is the first report I have seen of this for a while, saw it mentioned a few times on here and other forums a few weeks ago

paulsalter, Oct 20, 2015
  8. Logged off from OneDrive and Cortana

Well, my taskbar is not on autohide, and yes, I am signed into Microsoft account.

altproject, Oct 20, 2015
  9. Have you gone into Action Centre and set up there as that is where I did all my setup for weather, location etc

hTconeM9user, Oct 20, 2015
  10. Yep, it is all set up.

altproject, Oct 20, 2015
  11. Does reliability history show anything that has stopped working and was closed

Control panel and search for reli, first result should be this
    It's summarised per day so should be easy to spot if something has crashed before you got the prompt to reset it up

paulsalter, Oct 21, 2015
  12. I checked it up, nothing up to Cortana or OneDrive either. But now I am suspecting updates: it looks like it is kinda connected. I will check it and post asap.

altproject, Oct 21, 2015
  13. Logged off from OneDrive and Cortana

Confirmed - problem shows up after installing a cumulative updates. Thanks Microsoft.

altproject, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Logged off from OneDrive and Cortana

1. Logged off from OneDrive and Cortana - Similar Threads - Logged off OneDrive

2. OneDrive Logs

in Windows 10 Customization
    OneDrive Logs: Hello! I am not an IT expert so I am seeking help on how to find out when OneDrive was installed in a company-owned laptop. Is there a sort of logs where I can see all activities related to OneDrive, i.e. when it was installed, when the desktop was linked to OneDrive for...
  3. keep computer from logging off

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    keep computer from logging off: computer doesn't stay on long enoug hand I have to keep signing in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keep-computer-from-logging-off/a082e500-fdbc-4150-8a67-c00a6cb49699
  4. Cortana off

in Cortana
    Cortana off: I want Cortana off or deleted. How? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-off/f74577ba-c458-403e-8b1b-1e5b39698bba"
  5. turn off cortana

in Cortana
    turn off cortana: Since 1903 update moments ago in windows 10 that annoying, useless Cortana is back on. How to turn OFF cortana yet keep the search button/bar. Or, even better yet, how to uninstall version 1903...
  6. Cannot log in for Cortana

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot log in for Cortana: Cortana asks me to log in (i assume to my microsoft account), but no log in screen appears. On one occasion, a blank gray screen appeared. But every other time that grey screen just appears and disappears so rapidly there is no chance to even see what it is. Perhaps...
  7. Can't log into Cortana

Can't log into Cortana: I already have a Microsoft account that I've been using for some months with OneDrive. When I start Cortana it requires me to log into that account. I do so, but then it pops up a screen telling me to "Enter your old password one last time", and then "From here on out, you'll...
  8. turn off cortana

turn off cortana: Just updated to Win10 v14366. How do I turn off Cortana? 53946
  9. Trying to log into Cortana

Trying to log into Cortana: I am trying to log in, but it keeps asking me about some old password? I can log into MS account just fine, but not via Cortana, any idea why? I have tried a blank password, MS password, PIN I have tried before. EDIT: I see, it is actually creating MS account instead of...
  10. Turn off Cortana

Turn off Cortana: I want to turn off Cortana but it is not listed in the Local Group Policy. 104369