Windows 10: logged onto windows live mail with wrong name

Discus and support logged onto windows live mail with wrong name in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi,, I've been on windows 10 and windows live mail for a few years since I bought this new PC.. I have just noticed that on WLM I have an account... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Tony#10, Nov 9, 2018.

1. Tony#10 Win User

logged onto windows live mail with wrong name

Hi,, I've been on windows 10 and windows live mail for a few years since I bought this new PC..

I have just noticed that on WLM I have an account name of Anthony Mc Clenaghan and a mobile No....

I don't know the name or the phone No....or when it first appeared--maybe from first use??

I have just changed the name (I think) but didn't want to delete too much account name details, for fear of causing myself even more problems,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

any answers

Tony

:)

Tony#10, Nov 9, 2018
  2. Syed Abdul Jabbar Win User

Live Mail

Hi,

I am sorry to know that you are facing issues with
    Windows Live Mail.

• Do you see any error message? If yes, then please specify.
    • Are you able click on other options and are those options functioning normally?
    If yes, then I suggest you to remove your account and reconfigure it and check the behavior.

Please follow the steps provided below:

Remove the account.

• Right click on the account name and select remove account.
    Add account in Windows Live Mail

• Click on Accounts tab on top.
    • Click on +email icon.
    • Enter your new account's user name and password.
    • Click on Next.
    • Select server type as per your ESP (Email service provider) and if that is a
      Microsoft account, select Outlook.com/Windows Live Hotmail. And you must select
      IMAP/POP. (Only If that is a Microsoft account and if it is being migrated to the new interface
      "Outlook Mail", then I suggest you to please refer to the suggestions provided by
      ¡Firedog in the link below)Windows Live Mail and Outlook Mail
    • Click on next.
    Additional information:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-live/mail-add-email-account-faq

And if the issue still persist, try
    repairing Windows Essentials, and check:

• Type Control panel in the search bar (on Desktop) and hit
      Enter key.

• Click on Programs and Features.

• Select Windows Essentials
      and click on Uninstall/Change.

• Click on Continue.

• Click on Repair Windows Essential programs.
    Please keep us updated with the status of Windows Live Mail, to assist you further.

Regards,

Syed Abdul Jabbar, Nov 9, 2018
  3. Rose Ter Win User
    Windows live mail log on

Hi Norm,

For us to isolate the issue, we will need to ask you a few questions:

• When was the last time that you were able to sign in on your Windows Live Mail account?
    • Have you tried to sign in on a different computer or device?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Regards.

Rose Ter, Nov 9, 2018
  4. Ankit Rajput Win User

Windows Live Mail Calendar

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows Live Mail. I will certainly help you with the issue.

I would like to know a few information:

• Which version of Windows Essentials have you installed on your PC?

• Which Email domain did you configure with Windows Live Mail?

I would also suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

Method 1:

Repair Windows Live Mail

Refer to the steps mentioned below:

• Press Windows Key + R

• Type appwiz.cpl

• Right click Windows Live Essentials

• Click Uninstall/Change

• Click Repair all Windows Live Programs
    If the issue still persists, proceed to Method 2.

Method 2:

Remove and Reinstall Windows Live Mail referring to the link mentioned below:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/938275

Hope this information helps.

Please get back to us with an update on the issue, we will be happy to help

Ankit Rajput, Nov 9, 2018
Thema:

1. logged onto windows live mail with wrong name - Similar Threads - logged onto live

2. Cant log onto websites

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cant log onto websites: When logging onto websites, I am getting this error: You don't have permission to access from this server https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-log-onto-websites/7befed8f-982b-4fae-9e8b-f10681336359
  3. Log onto PC in Windows

in Windows 10 Customization
    Log onto PC in Windows: Hello Community Does anyone have a phone number for Microsoft Windows Support so I can talk to a live Technician about a log in problem that I am having on my pc ?? Scenario: I had 2 log in accounts on my pc, I wanted to eliminate one so that I can sign in with...
  4. Windows Live Mail

in Browsers and Email
    Windows Live Mail: We just bought another new PC. This is a HP Notebook Core i7. It's a rocket ship! We've used Windows Live Mail for years with good success. I've tried to install it from 2 or 3 different sites. It will download, but the install fails as, "not compatible with this PC." Any...
  5. Can't log onto my MS mail account

in Browsers and Email
    Can't log onto my MS mail account: I have really screwed up my Email account! It is a 2 stage security system. The phone number is wrong! Can't get reset password there! Somehow my normal login account lost the password. Tried to reset the password would not recognize the old Email account so I added a...
  6. windows live mail

in Browsers and Email
    windows live mail: Hi I have just put windows live mail into my new laptop BUT...... it will not let me send or forward any emails, all settings are correct when I try to send or forward this appears [img] hope you can see it any help will be appreceated Regards 89463
  7. Problem with logging onto site..

in Browsers and Email
    Problem with logging onto site..: I wonder if someone could help with a issue i have...i use Cyberfox as my main browser but this week i could not login to site where i purchased Iobit products from...all i get is a recurring login sign page ...when i click login box the page just blinks everytime i try to...
  8. Windows Live Mail

in Browsers and Email
    Windows Live Mail: is there anywhere I can download it? Got a new computer and wanted to install but I found out it no longer is supported. Tried CNet, but it's just a link to Microsoft. Anyway, all my downloaded e-mail history (from earthlink's webmail) is in that format. I still have my...
  9. Windows Live Mail

in Browsers and Email
    Windows Live Mail: I have lost my Contacts List and Calendar in Windows 10 45892
  10. Unable to log onto PC

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to log onto PC: Hi! For the last couple of days my PC with Windows 10 has been experiencing problems with my password used to log onto the PC. Yesterday i was for example only able to log in after maybe 30 attempts but today i have not been able to log in at all. I have checked my...