Windows 10: logged onto windows live mail with wrong name

Discus and support logged onto windows live mail with wrong name in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi,, I've been on windows 10 and windows live mail for a few years since I bought this new PC.. I have just noticed that on WLM I have an account... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Tony#10, Nov 9, 2018.

1. Tony#10 Win User

logged onto windows live mail with wrong name

Hi,, I've been on windows 10 and windows live mail for a few years since I bought this new PC..

I have just noticed that on WLM I have an account name of Anthony Mc Clenaghan and a mobile No....

I don't know the name or the phone No....or when it first appeared--maybe from first use??

I have just changed the name (I think) but didn't want to delete too much account name details, for fear of causing myself even more problems,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

any answers

Tony

:)

Tony#10, Nov 9, 2018

2. Live Mail

Hi,

I am sorry to know that you are facing issues with
    Windows Live Mail.

• Do you see any error message? If yes, then please specify.
    • Are you able click on other options and are those options functioning normally?
    If yes, then I suggest you to remove your account and reconfigure it and check the behavior.

Please follow the steps provided below:

Remove the account.

• Right click on the account name and select remove account.
    Add account in Windows Live Mail

• Click on Accounts tab on top.
    • Click on +email icon.
    • Enter your new account's user name and password.
    • Click on Next.
    • Select server type as per your ESP (Email service provider) and if that is a
      Microsoft account, select Outlook.com/Windows Live Hotmail. And you must select
      IMAP/POP. (Only If that is a Microsoft account and if it is being migrated to the new interface
      "Outlook Mail", then I suggest you to please refer to the suggestions provided by
      ¡Firedog in the link below)Windows Live Mail and Outlook Mail
    • Click on next.
    Additional information:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-live/mail-add-email-account-faq

And if the issue still persist, try
    repairing Windows Essentials, and check:

• Type Control panel in the search bar (on Desktop) and hit
      Enter key.

• Click on Programs and Features.

• Select Windows Essentials
      and click on Uninstall/Change.

• Click on Continue.

• Click on Repair Windows Essential programs.
    Please keep us updated with the status of Windows Live Mail, to assist you further.

Regards,

Syed Abdul Jabbar, Nov 9, 2018
  3. Rose Ter Win User
    Windows live mail log on

Hi Norm,

For us to isolate the issue, we will need to ask you a few questions:

• When was the last time that you were able to sign in on your Windows Live Mail account?
    • Have you tried to sign in on a different computer or device?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Regards.

Rose Ter, Nov 9, 2018
  4. logged onto windows live mail with wrong name

Windows Live Mail Calendar

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows Live Mail. I will certainly help you with the issue.

I would like to know a few information:

• Which version of Windows Essentials have you installed on your PC?

• Which Email domain did you configure with Windows Live Mail?

I would also suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

Method 1:

Repair Windows Live Mail

Refer to the steps mentioned below:

• Press Windows Key + R

• Type appwiz.cpl

• Right click Windows Live Essentials

• Click Uninstall/Change

• Click Repair all Windows Live Programs
    If the issue still persists, proceed to Method 2.

Method 2:

Remove and Reinstall Windows Live Mail referring to the link mentioned below:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/938275

Hope this information helps.

Please get back to us with an update on the issue, we will be happy to help

Ankit Rajput, Nov 9, 2018
Thema:

logged onto windows live mail with wrong name

1. logged onto windows live mail with wrong name - Similar Threads - logged onto live

2. My windows live mail 2012 refuses to log into my gmail account; password and account name...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My windows live mail 2012 refuses to log into my gmail account; password and account name...: For a very brief moment I think - it's too long, now, since I tried to be certain, the 2-step authentication worked. Like, for a single download.Since that single time, never again.I've changed my password to no avail despite my certainty of the match on WLM2012 and the gmail...
  3. My windows live mail 2012 refuses to log into my gmail account; password and account name...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My windows live mail 2012 refuses to log into my gmail account; password and account name...: For a very brief moment I think - it's too long, now, since I tried to be certain, the 2-step authentication worked. Like, for a single download.Since that single time, never again.I've changed my password to no avail despite my certainty of the match on WLM2012 and the gmail...
  4. My windows live mail 2012 refuses to log into my gmail account; password and account name...

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How do I log onto the mail app?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I log onto the mail app?: I am trying to log into the mail app. I pressed add account and added my account but then I am just back to the add an account. I then tried to press add an account in case it didn't register properly, but it says my account already exists. So, I can't log in, and I can't add...
  6. How do I log onto the mail app?

How do I log onto the mail app?: I am trying to log into the mail app. I pressed add account and added my account but then I am just back to the add an account. I then tried to press add an account in case it didn't register properly, but it says my account already exists. So, I can't log in, and I can't add...
  7. Unable to log in to Windows Live Mail

Unable to log in to Windows Live Mail: Hi Team I am unable to log in to Windows Live Mail. When i try to sign in, it gives an error: To help protect your online ID account you must sign in again. I also unable to view any of my messages even though i can receive them. While viewing any emails, i am getting an...
  8. windows live mail

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows live mail: I cannot send or receive e-mail from my windows live mail 2011. My internet provider is sky. Sky Yahoo via e-mail apps. Sky has told me that sky.com e-mails will no longer support out of date versions of some e-mail apps and I need to update to the latest software. How do I...
  9. cannot log into windows live mail

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    cannot log into windows live mail: error message: asking for name and password which i have entered but it will not let me in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-log-into-windows-live-mail/0123fa72-4798-49d8-83f4-8c67728c3cb2
  10. Can't log onto my MS mail account

in Browsers and Email
    Can't log onto my MS mail account: I have really screwed up my Email account! It is a 2 stage security system. The phone number is wrong! Can't get reset password there! Somehow my normal login account lost the password. Tried to reset the password would not recognize the old Email account so I added a...