Windows 10: Logging Event ID's 153 and 129 causing hitches, freezes in windows 10

Discus and support Logging Event ID's 153 and 129 causing hitches, freezes in windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have had a persistent problem for about a year now, and have not been able to find any solutions for it. I downloaded an update in January that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AbNEEl, Oct 19, 2020.

1. AbNEEl Win User

Logging Event ID's 153 and 129 causing hitches, freezes in windows 10

I have had a persistent problem for about a year now, and have not been able to find any solutions for it. I downloaded an update in January that caused my system to start having intermittent freezes and hitches that, on average, last about 45 seconds and cause my system to stop responding. It is a problem while gaming and in my student work, as when it happens during a zoom meeting it can cause my connection to drop or the program to stop responding. I've tried everything I can find online that seems reasonable, short of manipulating the registry because of the seeming lack of support on this topic that is recent. Most of the forums and solutions that I've seen date as far back as 2013 sometimes, and I haven't wanted to change modern settings on advice 5+ years old. From things I have read it seems to be a SATA driver issue, but my system is AMD and from the digging I have done down that avenue, the AMD chip-set uses the generic MS SATA driver rather than a proprietary one, and I've seen recommendations from AMD against forcing the SATA driver to update. Please help!!

My System:

CPU: Ryzen 7 2700x

MOBO: Asus Prime x470 Pro

GPU: Asus rtx 2060 ROG

Storage: Lexar NS200 960 gb SSD, and Seagate Barracuda Compute 4 TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive

:)

AbNEEl, Oct 19, 2020
  2. lospollos Win User

Random freeze at certain interval , Event id 153

I had my win 10 installed for about 2 weeks , but there's some problem about randomly freeze at some interval , so i checked event viewer and got event id 153 which is say about "The IO operation at logical block address 0x204d96b8 for Disk 0 (PDO name: \Device\Ide\IAAStorageDevice-1) was retried" Does everyone here know what it is ?coz I dont really know about I/O operation at windows .

lospollos, Oct 19, 2020
  3. dalchina Win User
    computer failed to boot - disk error event id 153 + 98

Hi, suggest you try Hard Disk Sentinel (trial) - gives a great quick analysis (SSDs too).

Please post the results.

Event ID 153:
    This event may be an indication that the specified drive may be failing soon. This is especially true if the event is recorded regularly. The first step is to run the maintenance utilities related to hard drives, starting with CHKDSK and the utilities available from the manufacturer for that specific brand.

Event ID 98:
    Event ID: 98

dalchina, Oct 19, 2020
  4. Paul Win User

Event ID 153 and 129 for three month old SSD. Did I buy a faulty SSD?

Just dealt with the same issues on a PNY SSD on a clean install of Win 10. Issue can be triggered by putting the system to sleep, waking up & immediately trying to access the HDD by opening a folder or file. Event ID 153 & 129 appear in the event logs after a 10-30 sec freeze of the OS.

Another forum suggested using standard SATA drivers instead of the AMD ones I downloaded from Gigabyte. When I went to roll back, I actually found that the SATA controller was using the "Standard SATA AHCI Controller" driver from Microsoft (version 10.0.10586.0, 6/21/2006). I updated the driver using the "Browse my computer for driver software" option, and browsed to the location of the unzipped chip set package. It found & updated the driver with one from AMD (v 1.2.1.402, 3/29/2015) After reboot, issue is resolved.

While this doesn't match your conditions exactly, it should point you towards the 2006 driver from Microsoft as being the most likely source of the problem.

Since you can't find an official Win 10 driver from ASUS, I'd recommend using Snappy Driver Installer to check for a new one (Snappy Driver Installer - Install and Update Drivers for Free) . This a free, no B.S. tool that will search for updated drivers for your chip set that were released by other manufacturers. I've found it useful many times when I can't find an official driver for something.

Thema:

1. Logging Event ID's 153 and 129 causing hitches, freezes in windows 10 - Similar Threads - Logging Event ID's

2. how to fix event id 153?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to fix event id 153?: over the last month or so my laptop has been randomly freezing and bsod, i keep getting a disk warning with event id 153 and i've check my ssd and it doesn't seem to have anything wrong with it.here is a screenshot of the warning....
  3. how to fix event id 153?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to fix event id 153?: over the last month or so my laptop has been randomly freezing and bsod, i keep getting a disk warning with event id 153 and i've check my ssd and it doesn't seem to have anything wrong with it.here is a screenshot of the warning....
  4. Event 129 iaStorA

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Event 129 iaStorA: My PC specs:Motherboard: GIGABYE H81M-DS2 Processor: IntelR PentiumR CPU G3450 @ 3.40GHz 2 CPUs, ~3.4GHz Graphics: IntelR HD Graphics in DirectX Diagnostic Tool Driver Model: WDDM 2.0 in DirectX Diagnostic Tool RAM: 4GB 3,39GB usable DRR3 SSD: Colorful SL300 128GBCD Drive: LG...
  5. Event ID 10016 causing PC to freeze

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Event ID 10016 causing PC to freeze: For the past 2 weeks, my pc has been freezing with event id 10016. It's not considered as an error but a warning. [ATTACH] 2 of them: [ATTACH] I can't work comfortably if this event happens and then my PC freezes, it can happen during a meeting, making digital art, and...
  6. Event ID: 10016 Causes PC to freeze

Event ID: 10016 Causes PC to freeze: Since 4 days ago, my PC will freeze and not respond to anything. I will have to do a hard reset. There is no patterns, it can be when I am browsing web, gaming, working on a Word doc on OneDrive, just not doing anything. My PC already froze like more than 10 times over 4...
  7. ID Event 129 iastorA Device\RaidPort0

ID Event 129 iastorA Device\RaidPort0: So I've been getting this error quite frequently, when playing a game my pc just freezes for an unespecified amount of time can be from 20 sec to 5/10 mins and I get the error of being timed out in the game I searched a bit and found that it could be from Intel Rapid...
  8. Computer Freezing Disk Usage Spiking to 100% (Event ID 129/153)

Computer Freezing Disk Usage Spiking to 100% (Event ID 129/153): So I built my first gaming pc back in September 2018 and since then every couple weeks or so my pc would act up for about a week where basically it freezes for about 1 minute at a time with about 15 second intervals. Here are my specs... Ryzen 3 1200 CPU GTX 1050ti by...
  9. Event ID 129

Event ID 129: I got an MSI GT72vr Dominator Pro-015 recently and have been encountering this error about once a day. I disabled 'Link Power State Management' in Power Options to no effect. I don't really have any other ideas. The error: Code: - <Event...
  10. Random freeze at certain interval , Event id 153

in Windows 10 Support
    Random freeze at certain interval , Event id 153: I had my win 10 installed for about 2 weeks , but there's some problem about randomly freeze at some interval , so i checked event viewer and got event id 153 which is say about "The IO operation at logical block address 0x204d96b8 for Disk 0 (PDO name:...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 153 disk io windows 10 reddit