Windows 10: Logging in locally after remote desktop session is very slow on 1803

Discus and support Logging in locally after remote desktop session is very slow on 1803 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Since v1803, whenever I try to log in locally after a remote desktop session, my screen changes to blue for up to 5 minutes before I can see the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ziggggy, Sep 7, 2018.

1. ziggggy Win User

Logging in locally after remote desktop session is very slow on 1803

Since v1803, whenever I try to log in locally after a remote desktop session, my screen changes to blue for up to 5 minutes before I can see the desktop. This is on a custom built desktop with a ryzen 7 cpu. I did a clean install of v1803 to see if that would fix the issue, but it hasn't.

How do I go about figuring out what might be causing this? I googled this issue ad nauseam, but I haven't found anything that resembles my issue. I ran the dm log collector and attached the zip file here to help diagnose this issue.

:)

ziggggy, Sep 7, 2018

2. Remote Desktop

Okay guys need some help here before going crazy...
    I am trying to setup a remote desktop connection and see exactly what the logged on user is looking at with out going through Windows Remote Desktop.

Since its local network I don't have any password or want to setup a password.

Any suggestions are appreciated

kikicoco1334, Sep 7, 2018
  3. Remote Desktop - Screen resolution in remote session

I have connected to a remote desktop session and the windows in the remote session are all too small for me to see.

I have edited the remote desktop connection settings and cannot seem to make anything larger.

I am using a new Dell Inspiron Laptop which has a very high screen resolution 3840 x 2160

Any suggestions appreciated

Thank you

GreenlaneAC, Sep 7, 2018
  4. Logging in locally after remote desktop session is very slow on 1803

Windows 10 version 1803 Remote Desktop Problem

My Desktop system was recently automatically updated to version 1803 and rebooted by windows update. Since then I can only Remote Desktop into this machine when I am already logged on at the desktop. If I am logged in at the desktop the Remote Desktop connection
    is successful and kicks me off of the desktop session like always.

If I try to Remote Desktop into the machine after previously disconnecting from remote desktop (and without first logging in at the actual machine) I get "connection reset by peer" when trying from my mac laptop (Microsoft RDP client version 8.0.43 build
    27325) and "internal error" when trying to connect from a windows 10 laptop (also at version 1803).

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

RKRoberts2, Sep 7, 2018
Thema:

Logging in locally after remote desktop session is very slow on 1803

1. Logging in locally after remote desktop session is very slow on 1803 - Similar Threads - Logging locally remote

2. Remote desktop session disconnections

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote desktop session disconnections: Hello to all.I have a problem with one of users of my RDS server.Client is Windows 10, server is Windows Server 2016Client works via openvpn connection At start of a work, he has multiple cases of remote desktop session disconnections mostly at first 1-2 hour of working,...
  3. Remote desktop session disconnections

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Remote desktop session disconnections: Hello to all.I have a problem with one of users of my RDS server.Client is Windows 10, server is Windows Server 2016Client works via openvpn connection At start of a work, he has multiple cases of remote desktop session disconnections mostly at first 1-2 hour of working,...
  4. Remote desktop session disconnections

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Remote Desktop very slow over LAN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote Desktop very slow over LAN: Ever since upgrading to Windows 10 many years back, I started noticing that RDP performance was worse than in Windows 7 and 8.1. Currently -- after upgrading to Windows 11 -- RDP sessions created over a 1 Gbps wired LAN are even slower to the point that I often see image...
  6. Remote Desktop very slow over LAN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote Desktop very slow over LAN: Ever since upgrading to Windows 10 many years back, I started noticing that RDP performance was worse than in Windows 7 and 8.1. Currently -- after upgrading to Windows 11 -- RDP sessions created over a 1 Gbps wired LAN are even slower to the point that I often see image...
  7. Logging on to local Windows 10 machine after remote desktop session

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Logging on to local Windows 10 machine after remote desktop session: Hello, I have a rather strange issue. I have a windows 10 Pro machine where I have remote desktop enabled. I have been connecting to this machine from my other computers on the same network without any issues. I can also log into the computer locally as long as my remote...
  8. Remote Desktop without loging off after Session

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote Desktop without loging off after Session: Hi, I would like to know if it is possible to do login on a remote computer using remote desktop but I want the session to stay on doing automatic tasks and not go to logon screen even if I close the remote desktop conection on the client side is that possible? 131171
  9. Problem with remote desktop after updating to 1803.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Problem with remote desktop after updating to 1803.: One of the PCs has the remote desktop enabled to connect from the other. The problem that arose is that now I cannot connect by typing the name of the computer, just by its IP. I have two Windows 10 Pro computers that I upgraded to the 1803 version. Help....
  10. Remote Desktop Connection Very Slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Remote Desktop Connection Very Slow: I have a Dell Windows 10 Pro pc and a HP Windows 10 Pro pc, which I access remotley using Remote Desktop Connection on a Dell Windows 10 Home Laptop. The remote connection to both pcs were working great until yesterday. Now the connection to the HP pc using the Dell laptop is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. login locally after remote desktop session