Windows 10: Logging in PC after Dell update. Microsoft will not accept correct Password or Pin

Discus and support Logging in PC after Dell update. Microsoft will not accept correct Password or Pin in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; This problem experienced twice in one week. Solution for the password was to use the forgot password and enter new password procedure. The old rejected... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by BH&EMH, May 19, 2021.

1. BH&EMH Win User

Logging in PC after Dell update. Microsoft will not accept correct Password or Pin

This problem experienced twice in one week. Solution for the password was to use the forgot password and enter new password procedure. The old rejected password was entered as new and accepted, so Microsoft did not recognise that the old password was being used again unlike other system providers do. With regard to the Pin, the change Pin procedure requires initial entry of the old rejected password which is not recognised so how do I recover this, should I remove and enter a new Pin, I am not sure of the consequence of doing this. I would welcome any solution to avoid these problems and ask w

:)

BH&EMH, May 19, 2021
  2. Jjjjjjjjf Win User

Microsoft password not accepted to log into computer account

Hi,

Im logging into ny new HP computer laptop for the 2nd time since Ive owned it. I cannot remember my PIN so I'm using my Microsoft password to log in but my password is not being accepted. I've changed my Microsoft password 3 times in the past 20 minutes
    (with my phone), restarted my laptop and double checked my spelling and everytime my password is listed as "incorrect"

Jjjjjjjjf, May 19, 2021
  3. Microsoft account doesn't accept reset correct password

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the difficulties you are facing while login to the PC using your Microsoft account.

In this scenario, we would suggest you to perform these steps and check if you are able to sign with the correct login credential in Safe mode. Also check if you are connected the PC to the internet, preferably through Ethernet cable.

1. At the login screen click on the power symbol.
    2. Hold SHIFT key in the keyboard and click Restart.
    3. After restarting your system, select the Troubleshoot option.
    4. Select advanced options under
      Troubleshoot
      screen.
    5. Click on Startup Settings
    6. Click Restart and follow the onscreen steps to go to Safe Mode
    7. Login with the correct password using the onscreen keyboard.

Please get back to us with the end result for further investigation.

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, May 19, 2021
  4. larc919 Win User

Logging in PC after Dell update. Microsoft will not accept correct Password or Pin

Safe Mode won't accept correct password

I'm trying to run a third party software (AVG Internet Security) cleanup file that recommends Safe Mode. Yet, when I get to the Safe Mode lock screen, it won't accept my password (note that I am entering the password, not the PIN - it's the same password that gets me into my Microsoft account). Any suggestions what I should try? I'm hesitant to run the cleanup file in full Windows since it's not recommended.

larc919, May 19, 2021
Thema:

1. Logging in PC after Dell update. Microsoft will not accept correct Password or Pin - Similar Threads - Logging Dell update

2. Windows Hello Pin removal won't accept CORRECT password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello Pin removal won't accept CORRECT password: I have a laptop I'm trying to repurpose for a friend and trying to remove the Windows Hello PIN sign on feature for them and it prompts for a password to remove it but repeatedly says the password is incorrect. I have logged onto Microsoft on the same laptop and updated the...
  3. Bitlocker not accepting correct pin

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Bitlocker not accepting correct pin: As the subject indicates, my HP 15 core i7 has its main **** drive encrypted with Bitlocker as this is required by my institution. However, suddenly today it is no longer accepting what I am certain is the correct PIN and I get a "Too Many Pin Attempts" error message....
  4. Bitlocker not accepting correct pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker not accepting correct pin: As the subject indicates, my HP 15 core i7 has its main **** drive encrypted with Bitlocker as this is required by my institution. However, suddenly today it is no longer accepting what I am certain is the correct PIN and I get a "Too Many Pin Attempts" error message....
  5. Bitlocker not accepting correct pin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. PC not Accepting correct password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    PC not Accepting correct password: I have just bought a new pc, and it is telling me to sign in to my Microsoft account. i did enter all the details correctly, but its still showing an incorrect password. Please help...
  7. Microsoft only accepting pin and not password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft only accepting pin and not password: I recently got a new computer and this one is windows 10 and i discovered i can't use my password to login just my pin number. My pin is easy to guess so i want to disable the login for the pin so anyone using the computer will have to put in the password instead of the pin....
  8. Not accepting correct password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Not accepting correct password: For some reason my laptop rebooting continuosly blue screen. After surfing online I came to know this can fixed through commands. Before command prompt pops up, it asked me to enter my outlook password. No matter how many times I entered the correct password it shows...
  9. updated to 1903 and my correct password was not accepted

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    updated to 1903 and my correct password was not accepted: I have a password manager which I checked (on my phone) also checked my password book. I had enetered the correct password! Had to go through an unbelieveable password reset and finally got it accepted. When the screen opened, my wallpaper was gone and most of my programs...
  10. Can't log onto computer, correct password not accepted.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't log onto computer, correct password not accepted.: Okay so every time I enter my correct password it says it's wrong. (I even reset it to the same password and it still says it's wrong.) I think I know what the problem is but I have no way to fix it as I am stuck on the login screen. Recently my computer has been...