Windows 10: Logging in to my computer

Discus and support Logging in to my computer in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello. I hope someone can help me. I don't know much about computers, so I need a ELI5 version. I got my computer back from the repair shop. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/birdily, Aug 1, 2020.

1. Logging in to my computer

Hello. I hope someone can help me. I don't know much about computers, so I need a ELI5 version.

I got my computer back from the repair shop. The computer was wiped and it's essentially brand new. I don't know what I did when I set stuff up, but I'm all kinds of confused. This all happened when I was attempting to remove the need to have a password for the computer. It's just me using this for online school. I wanted to avoid that extra step. Well, I never figured out how to do that, and in the process I have 2 accounts in the bottom left corner to chose from in order to log in to the computer when I turn on my computer now. One that has a mistyped email address, and a password I can't figure out, and the other is my name that I can sign in with a PIN.

In some online searches, I did some walk throughs to delete one of these. That did me no good. In my User Accounts, it only shows 1 user. I read about going into the Run menu to find the Local User and Groups, only it wasn't listed in the menu. I then tried the Run menu again with typing lusrmgr and got a message about a snapin that can't be used.

So, yeah. Help? Is there a way to delete this second account? Also, is there a way to not need a password to log in to the computer at start-up? I have not reloaded anything on my computer at this point. So even if it means factory resetting or something, I don't care (Not that I know how to do that, either).

Thank you!

submitted by /u/birdily
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/birdily, Aug 1, 2020
  2. zplugger Win User

Black Screen after Log on

Computer boots to windows log on,have no password here.After a minute on log on it go to a black screen,stays there forever. I can get to Task Manager from black Screen,lost on what to do next. Just want my Windows 10 back, not sure what caused this problem. Any Suggestion on what my next step should be?*Sad

zplugger, Aug 1, 2020
  3. My Project Log:

Well, I did do a step-by-step picture log when RM & I was doing the plexi box... I'll see what I can work up in word. The latest will be Thursday since both today and tomorrow I have 14 hour days..

*Toast :toast:

Cold Storm, Aug 1, 2020
  4. Logging in to my computer

Cannot log into my computer!

I tried the suggestions listed here, to no avail. Also, I can login successfully on my phone with my existing credentials. My husband can login on the pc. I still get "user profile service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded message. What next?

SallyBoudinot, Aug 1, 2020
Thema:

Logging in to my computer

1. Logging in to my computer - Similar Threads - Logging computer

2. Have a friend who trying to log in to a computer that I recently Wiped but some reason...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Have a friend who trying to log in to a computer that I recently Wiped but some reason...: Recently wiped a computer and shipped it to my friend.Some reason why he tries to log on, There's a username named Odd which is not me and not sure how it got there. Even using a old password that I have used he is not able to log in. Wondering if there is anyway he can get...
  3. Have a friend who trying to log in to a computer that I recently Wiped but some reason...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Have a friend who trying to log in to a computer that I recently Wiped but some reason...: Recently wiped a computer and shipped it to my friend.Some reason why he tries to log on, There's a username named Odd which is not me and not sure how it got there. Even using a old password that I have used he is not able to log in. Wondering if there is anyway he can get...
  4. Have a friend who trying to log in to a computer that I recently Wiped but some reason...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Bought a new laptop. Competed windows setup incorrectly. Can not log in to computer at this...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bought a new laptop. Competed windows setup incorrectly. Can not log in to computer at this...: Bought a new laptop. Competed windows setup incorrectly. Can not log in to computer at this time. Computer is unusable at this time due to not being able to log in. Looking to start fresh and try again with support....
  6. Bought a new laptop. Competed windows setup incorrectly. Can not log in to computer at this...

Bought a new laptop. Competed windows setup incorrectly. Can not log in to computer at this...: Bought a new laptop. Competed windows setup incorrectly. Can not log in to computer at this time. Computer is unusable at this time due to not being able to log in. Looking to start fresh and try again with support....
  7. Why cant i log in to my computer after i reset it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why cant i log in to my computer after i reset it?: Hi i restarted my cyberpowerpc to fix the wifi and ever since then it wont let me log in. itll say log in as administrator but then tell me that the specific domain doesnt exist or cant be contacted, does anyone know how to fix this?...
  8. Why cant i log in to my computer after i reset it?

Why cant i log in to my computer after i reset it?: Hi i restarted my cyberpowerpc to fix the wifi and ever since then it wont let me log in. itll say log in as administrator but then tell me that the specific domain doesnt exist or cant be contacted, does anyone know how to fix this?...
  9. Gray window pops up when i try to log into microsoft everywhere on my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gray window pops up when i try to log into microsoft everywhere on my computer: Everytime i try to log into Microsoft on any app a gray screen pops up and instantly disappears, making it impossible to log in. Would greatly appreciate a solution....
  10. Gray window pops up when i try to log into microsoft everywhere on my computer

Gray window pops up when i try to log into microsoft everywhere on my computer: Everytime i try to log into Microsoft on any app a gray screen pops up and instantly disappears, making it impossible to log in. Would greatly appreciate a solution....