Windows 10: Logging in to my computer

Discus and support Logging in to my computer in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello. I hope someone can help me. I don't know much about computers, so I need a ELI5 version. I got my computer back from the repair shop. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/birdily, Aug 1, 2020 at 10:53 AM.

1. Logging in to my computer

Hello. I hope someone can help me. I don't know much about computers, so I need a ELI5 version.

I got my computer back from the repair shop. The computer was wiped and it's essentially brand new. I don't know what I did when I set stuff up, but I'm all kinds of confused. This all happened when I was attempting to remove the need to have a password for the computer. It's just me using this for online school. I wanted to avoid that extra step. Well, I never figured out how to do that, and in the process I have 2 accounts in the bottom left corner to chose from in order to log in to the computer when I turn on my computer now. One that has a mistyped email address, and a password I can't figure out, and the other is my name that I can sign in with a PIN.

In some online searches, I did some walk throughs to delete one of these. That did me no good. In my User Accounts, it only shows 1 user. I read about going into the Run menu to find the Local User and Groups, only it wasn't listed in the menu. I then tried the Run menu again with typing lusrmgr and got a message about a snapin that can't be used.

So, yeah. Help? Is there a way to delete this second account? Also, is there a way to not need a password to log in to the computer at start-up? I have not reloaded anything on my computer at this point. So even if it means factory resetting or something, I don't care (Not that I know how to do that, either).

Thank you!

submitted by /u/birdily
    [link] [comments]

:)

2. zplugger Win User

Black Screen after Log on

Computer boots to windows log on,have no password here.After a minute on log on it go to a black screen,stays there forever. I can get to Task Manager from black Screen,lost on what to do next. Just want my Windows 10 back, not sure what caused this problem. Any Suggestion on what my next step should be?*Sad

3. My Project Log:

Well, I did do a step-by-step picture log when RM & I was doing the plexi box... I'll see what I can work up in word. The latest will be Thursday since both today and tomorrow I have 14 hour days..

*Toast :toast:

4. Logging in to my computer

Cannot log into my computer!

I tried the suggestions listed here, to no avail. Also, I can login successfully on my phone with my existing credentials. My husband can login on the pc. I still get "user profile service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded message. What next?

SallyBoudinot, Aug 1, 2020 at 10:57 AM
Thema:

Logging in to my computer

1. Logging in to my computer - Similar Threads - Logging computer

2. Can't log into computer after version 2004 update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't log into computer after version 2004 update: Yesterday morning, I update to Widows 10 Version 2004. It caused all sorts of changes that I was able to get help with here on the forum. This morning, I can't log in. Until today, I was asked for my PIN at login, and that is what I have been using. Now it is asking me for...
  3. Computer keeps logging in to microsoft account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Computer keeps logging in to microsoft account: Hello everyone. So I've had this issue for a while now. I worked in a company where I got asigned a laptop. In this laptop I logged in to my microsoft account. When I left that laptop, I tried erasing every trail of my information and my Microsoft account. But now in my...
  4. My computer is randomly logging me out while I'm using it

in Windows 10 Customization
    My computer is randomly logging me out while I'm using it: I've downloaded all updates, turned system settings, power & sleep screen timeout, to never and ran a virus scan which was clear but it is still happening. Any suggestions...
  5. Logged in on a work computer I shouldn’t of, how can I hide my name from log in screen?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Logged in on a work computer I shouldn’t of, how can I hide my name from log in screen?: I’m at work and needed to access a program only installed on a different PC, so logged in and did my work. Only after doing this I spotted an email that due to covid we are to not hot desk and must stay on our own devices. No one saw me, but now that computer upon login has...
  6. Can’t log into my computer?

Can’t log into my computer?: I’m not any good at software stuff, but i’ve tried everything that i’ve been seeing online. After the most recent update my computer forced me into, i can only get to the password screen, type it in and then get stuck on the “welcome” loading screen forever. I’ve tried...
  7. Computer keeps saying that it can't log in.

Computer keeps saying that it can't log in.: I have a windows 10 computer hand me down from my cousin. When I try to login, all it says is "device is offline, please use password last used on this device" I tried reseting, using safe mode and clicking forgot password. All of those didn't work Any answers will be most...
  8. Cannot log in to computer account on Win10 Safe Mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot log in to computer account on Win10 Safe Mode: I am experiencing BSODs every time I log in to my profile when starting the PC normally so I tried logging in on Safe Mode with Networking to troubleshoot. Problem is that even though I am entering my current password with Microsoft, the computer keeps telling me "The...
  9. Unable to log into Windows 10 computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to log into Windows 10 computer: I am having trouble logging into my Windows 10 computer. I am currently using an old Windows 7 computer. I was having problems with some programs taking 3-5 minutes to load. I thought I would look for a cause. I saw a diagnostic mode and switched to that. Since doing so I...
  10. My computer keeps crashing on log in

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My computer keeps crashing on log in: My computer will randomly crash but it also has other problems that i can't fix, including: not being able to update windows not being able to system restore cant diagnose my pc cant run a disk check about 100 different crash errors Anything would help, also it is a self...