Windows 10: Logging in with a previously existing account

Discus and support Logging in with a previously existing account in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I recently bought a new computer after having issues with my old one and want to sign in to the new PC on my previously existing account instead of... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Windows Category - All, Jun 28, 2020.

1. Logging in with a previously existing account

I recently bought a new computer after having issues with my old one and want to sign in to the new PC on my previously existing account instead of making a new account.

:)

Windows Category - All, Jun 28, 2020

2. Switch Back to Existing Local Account from Microsoft Account

Hi,

Thank you for posting your response in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern, and we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way we can.

I suggest that you follow the steps below and check if you can log into your computer using the Local Account.

• On the Search Bar type “User Account”.
      • On the right menu pane locate and click “Make changes to my account in this PC”.
      • Then locate and click on “Sign in With a Local Account instead”.
      • And follow on screen instructions.
    Hope this information is helpful.

Vanessa Sohtun, Jun 28, 2020
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Jun 28, 2020
  4. Logging in with a previously existing account

email account hacked. please help

Also may I suggest you change email accounts to one of the following.....

Gmail
    Outlook

The reason is they both use "Step two verification". This style of verification means even if a hacker gets your password they cannot log in to your account. You see every time someone try's to log in that hasn't been verified you will get a text or a phone call giving you a final code to log in. Its very easy and simple to setup also. The great thing is once you setup your Email application with a specific "application password" from that account you never have to log in again AND your account is protected from being logged in from foreign entities.

I like the new outlook personally however Gmail is also damn good. Gmail also has an IP tracker that allows you to see WHERE the account has been logged in from. Anyway let us know if you wanna change over and have any questions. We will be happy to help and welcome to TPU!

TheMailMan78, Jun 28, 2020
Thema:

Logging in with a previously existing account

1. Logging in with a previously existing account - Similar Threads - Logging previously existing

2. That Microsoft account doesn't exist

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    That Microsoft account doesn't exist: Yes it's another "That Microsoft account doesn't exist" question. I'm literally logged into this forum with this account. I'm trying to set up a new laptop, it's asking me to sign in with Microsoft then saying "That Microsoft account doesn't exist" No it's not an alias...
  3. The Guest account doesn't exist?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The Guest account doesn't exist?: So without touching anything, I already have a "guest" account. The problem is that when I click on it, nothing happens. It's there but I can't access it. Well no problem I thought, I created a new guest account, which does work and I planned to delete the fake guest...
  4. That account doesn't exist

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    That account doesn't exist: I bought a game on Microsoft Store using a newly-created account. Then I changed a local account on my computer to this new Microsoft account but received an error message That account doesn't exist How to sort it out?...
  5. Microsoft account doesnt exist

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft account doesnt exist: hi. I am using my id *** Email address is removed for privacy *** for my Microsoft account. since 24-2-2019 iam not able to log in using my Microsoft account. it says account doesn't exist. I changed the alias for this account on 24-2-2019. since then it is not working. my...
  6. Logged into a temporary account and the only existing profile appears to be deleted from...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Logged into a temporary account and the only existing profile appears to be deleted from...: Opened the laptop and a message showed saying "preparing windows for recovery...this might take up to an hour". After the process I signed in to windows and it said "Could not log into your account" and "You have been logged into a temporary profile." I tried to sign out...
  7. That Microsoft account doesn't exist

in Windows 10 Customization
    That Microsoft account doesn't exist: Hi, When I add my school O365 account login to Windows 10, it prompts "That Microsoft account doesn't exist" this account works fine for other O3675 services, please advise. thx, Adams....
  8. Log in account

Log in account: Hello, I have a new windows 10 and every time I log in there would be a double account with my name on it (no pic) by default and says "Can't log in" and when I try to use my password it wouldn't match. So I have to choose another account which is my Microsoft account with...
  9. account log in

account log in: why all the accounts in my laptop are signed in, when i'm sign in with one account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/account-log-in/0c12a888-35ae-478e-b4d0-7c48f3017579"
  10. Windows 10 joins AD domain, but only logs into pre-existed accounts

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 joins AD domain, but only logs into pre-existed accounts: Hello all My client has 40 PCs and Windows Server 2012 with active directory users and domain. Windows 7 PCs join domain and logs all domain users into the PC, but I have to include these registry keys prior joining the server. DNSNameResolutionRequired...