Windows 10: Logging in with a previously existing account

Discus and support Logging in with a previously existing account in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I recently bought a new computer after having issues with my old one and want to sign in to the new PC on my previously existing account instead of... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Windows Category - All, Jun 28, 2020.

1. Logging in with a previously existing account

I recently bought a new computer after having issues with my old one and want to sign in to the new PC on my previously existing account instead of making a new account.

:)

Windows Category - All, Jun 28, 2020

2. Switch Back to Existing Local Account from Microsoft Account

Hi,

Thank you for posting your response in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern, and we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way we can.

I suggest that you follow the steps below and check if you can log into your computer using the Local Account.

• On the Search Bar type “User Account”.
      • On the right menu pane locate and click “Make changes to my account in this PC”.
      • Then locate and click on “Sign in With a Local Account instead”.
      • And follow on screen instructions.
    Hope this information is helpful.

Vanessa Sohtun, Jun 28, 2020
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Jun 28, 2020
  4. Logging in with a previously existing account

email account hacked. please help

Also may I suggest you change email accounts to one of the following.....

Gmail
    Outlook

The reason is they both use "Step two verification". This style of verification means even if a hacker gets your password they cannot log in to your account. You see every time someone try's to log in that hasn't been verified you will get a text or a phone call giving you a final code to log in. Its very easy and simple to setup also. The great thing is once you setup your Email application with a specific "application password" from that account you never have to log in again AND your account is protected from being logged in from foreign entities.

I like the new outlook personally however Gmail is also damn good. Gmail also has an IP tracker that allows you to see WHERE the account has been logged in from. Anyway let us know if you wanna change over and have any questions. We will be happy to help and welcome to TPU!

TheMailMan78, Jun 28, 2020
Thema:

Logging in with a previously existing account

1. Logging in with a previously existing account - Similar Threads - Logging previously existing

2. While trying to log in to my account, it says this account does not exist

in Windows 10 Gaming
    While trying to log in to my account, it says this account does not exist: Hello!I can't log in to my microsoft account, although it's the same account I use for PC sign in, microsoft store and my minecraft account. But suddenly for no reason when I try to log in to my account it says that this account doesn't exist. I've never had issues like this...
  3. While trying to log in to my account, it says this account does not exist

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    While trying to log in to my account, it says this account does not exist: Hello!I can't log in to my microsoft account, although it's the same account I use for PC sign in, microsoft store and my minecraft account. But suddenly for no reason when I try to log in to my account it says that this account doesn't exist. I've never had issues like this...
  4. While trying to log in to my account, it says this account does not exist

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. How do I log into an account, which is a user, but a user account does not exist?

How do I log into an account, which is a user, but a user account does not exist?: Before using my Microsoft, account and pin I used to use a username. The username I used is Rickw. Even though I now use the new and improved name I am finding Rickw is still on my PC and has information in it. For instance, I have a download folder that has info in it If I...
  6. Trying to log into an account that has been labeled not existing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to log into an account that has been labeled not existing.: So a friend of mine has recently tried logging into her new laptop but it keeps telling her that her Microsoft account doesn't exist. It's her own personal email account Gmail so it's non educational. What is the solution for this?...
  7. Trying to log into an account that has been labeled not existing.

Trying to log into an account that has been labeled not existing.: So a friend of mine has recently tried logging into her new laptop but it keeps telling her that her Microsoft account doesn't exist. It's her own personal email account Gmail so it's non educational. What is the solution for this?...
  8. company.onmicrosoft.com account no longer exists after logging in to company.com account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    company.onmicrosoft.com account no longer exists after logging in to company.com account: When our group started working from home, we started using MS Teams but it wasn't officially supported and still isn't by our IT group. Somehow I was able to install it and sign up with a "*** Email address is removed for privacy ***" email address; our default "*** Email...
  9. Log back into an existing Local Account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Log back into an existing Local Account: Hi during a support call we accidentally created a new profile on a users windows laptop. I can see the old accounts contents in the C drive > users How do I log back into this local account when it doesn't appear as an account any where else? Thanks...
  10. Previous password for account

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Previous password for account: To be specific, i mean local pc account, not online one. Basically, turned out some of my secured files (3rd party and also Outlook login data) were using my windows credentials/password as a key for access and since i changed my password recently, i am unable to read these...