Windows 10: Logging in with PIN causes loss of access to shares

Discus and support Logging in with PIN causes loss of access to shares in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, Since Windows 10 2004 I have been experiencing problems with the access to the shares on my NAS. The problem does no occur when I log in with a... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by John Groome john, Sep 17, 2020.

1. Logging in with PIN causes loss of access to shares

Hi,

Since Windows 10 2004 I have been experiencing problems with the access to the shares on my NAS.

The problem does no occur when I log in with a password.

Since the PIN is now being enforced by Windows, I cannot by set the password as default.

Can somebody help me fix the problem of accessing the shares when using a PIN? - Or does anyone know how to disable PIN / Set password to default method?

Thanks in advance

John

:)

John Groome john, Sep 17, 2020
  2. DTG1 Win User

Cannot access shared network drive

Personally, I wouldnt use Everyone. If anyone hacks into you, they have full access to everything and can demolish everything on your raid. I would rather set up accounts and access separately for each person. That way, I know who did all that damage. In the end with a little extra work, I feel more secure by using Authenticated Users.

If this helps.
    step 1 create non-microsoft account and without email and address without admin rights
    step 2 share a drive or folder to specific user account (if Everyone is listed, remove it)
    step 3 set security > add Authenticated Users (if more than 1 account) or add specific users
    step 3a remove Everyone from list
    step 3b uncheck full control and write for all items listed except SYSTEM and Admin account.
    step 4 right click Start > Computer Management > System Tools > Shared Folders > Shares ... to verify settings and change anything else. You can also see the number of connections to each share here.

3. Cannot access shared network drive

I could scream! so much time wasted on this stupid error, as if time is not precious enough!
    It probably would work fine if I could see the other computer! But I cannot see the other computer!

sharonspost, Sep 17, 2020
  4. Logging in with PIN causes loss of access to shares

Quick Access bar

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty.

Remove items from Quick access.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps.

• Right click on the file or folder.
    • Select the option “unpin from the quick access”

To pin items to an item already on the quick access bar.

Follow the below steps.

I would suggest you to create folder in the desktop screen & place all the files or folder which need to pin to the quick access.

• Open the quick access.
    • Select the Desktop option.
    • Right click on the folder & select the option “pin to quick access”

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Sep 17, 2020
Thema:

Logging in with PIN causes loss of access to shares

1. Logging in with PIN causes loss of access to shares - Similar Threads - Logging PIN causes

2. Msconfig disabled program cause pin loss at start how do I enable , can’t log on

in Windows 10 Customization
    Msconfig disabled program cause pin loss at start how do I enable , can’t log on: Disable a program call program and at reboot pin missing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/msconfig-disabled-program-cause-pin-loss-at-start/1e4ff738-e614-4134-9087-7ff146e61fed
  3. Bad update, loss of PIN

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bad update, loss of PIN: Last year I set up a new laptop HP 15 for my mom. During the setup, I couldn't set up an actual administrator password; it would only allow me to set up a PIN password, which was completely surprising. Since I started using Windows in 1986, I've never had to deal with a PIN...
  4. pin log in not available no pc access

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    pin log in not available no pc access: my pc will not allow pin log in its asking to set up pin through app but this dosnt load how do i access my pc[IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pin-log-in-not-available-no-pc-access/e357bee1-04b0-4ad2-bd91-5744447aa16d
  5. Can't access device due to loss of PIN

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't access device due to loss of PIN: Misplaced PIN, but have microsoft account password. But it doesnt help, because then it asks for security questions instead. When I clicked on not having, it went into some security update thing and said I cant access until 2021?? Panic! I cant get into laptop, its brand...
  6. Will upgrading cause file loss

Will upgrading cause file loss: Will upgrading my 32 but oc to a 64 bit oc cause file loss! If not how to we do it safely. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-upgrading-cause-file-loss/b6e04044-8dd8-451a-bee8-e091cc46a089
  7. Loss of Printer Sharing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Loss of Printer Sharing: I have two PCs running on Windows 10 Pro 1803. Both have shared printers with each other on a homegroup network for several years with no problems. Lets call them PC1 and PC2. Recently PC1 has lost the ability to print on the PC2 printer. However PC2 can still print on...
  8. Log of internet losses in W10?

Log of internet losses in W10?: Been having problems with our connection with AT&T fiber - AT&T BGW210-700 gateway: frequent power recycles and Broadband recycles. Very frustrating when trying to do anything on the internet. Wondering if there is any W10 internal log that would give me the dates and times...
  9. Loss of administrator access

Loss of administrator access: I have lost ALL administrator access after upgrade from Version 1803 to Version 1809 on December 29th. This includes running Safe Mode Command Prompt. If I type in "Net user administrator /active:yes" at the system32 prompt, I get a confirmation of action but when I reboot...
  10. Connecting to VPN client causes loss of access to other PCs on network

Connecting to VPN client causes loss of access to other PCs on network: I have three PCs that have updated to 1803. At first I could not connect from one PC to another through File Explorer, regardless of whether or not I was connected to my VPN provider's client (my VPN provider is IVPN). After enabling Function Discovery Resource Publication...