Windows 10: Logging in with PIN...Seems password is not what I thought I set it to

Discus and support Logging in with PIN...Seems password is not what I thought I set it to in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I can't imagine how I did this. My PC had some repair, and HP sent it back with a user of HP. I cahnged it to my name, and set up my old password (I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by 56Kruiser, Feb 25, 2019.

1. 56Kruiser Win User

Logging in with PIN...Seems password is not what I thought I set it to

I can't imagine how I did this. My PC had some repair, and HP sent it back with a user of HP. I cahnged it to my name, and set up my old password (I thought...don't know how I got it wrong when I had to verify it). But I also set up a PIN, and it has been having me login with that.

I'm trying to access the computer from another, and am unsuccessful.

So, I went to change the password just to see if that helps, and it tells me my password is wrong when I enter the current password in order to change it.

I have no idea how to get out of this mess.

Any suggestions?

:)

56Kruiser, Feb 25, 2019
  2. Dyan Rey Win User

Microsoft Account PIN and password

We appreciate the screenshot that you provided. to start troubleshooting the issue with you logins, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how login pin goes back to password:

• Click Start menu and go to Settings.
    • In Settings, click the Accounts icon.
    • Click on Sign-in options.
    • Change both your password and pin one by one.
    Let us know how it goes.

Dyan Rey, Feb 25, 2019
  3. How do you reset windows 10 log on pin password

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Click on Sign-in options on the log on screen. Select Microsoft account.
    • Try logging in using Microsoft account and password.
    • Once you log into the system, try to change the PIN under accounts/sign-in page.
    • Select the Start
      Logging in with PIN...Seems password is not what I thought I set it to [​IMG]
      button, then select
      Settings > Accounts > Sign-in options.
    • Try to reset the PIN.
    Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Feb 25, 2019
  4. Logging in with PIN...Seems password is not what I thought I set it to

Windows 10 Change password to pin

Hi Ana,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

Please share the details.

• Are you able to log in to your desktop?

• Do you see any error code along with the error message?
    I suggest you to go through the below steps and check if it helps.

Follow these steps to set up a PIN on your Windows User Account:

• Press the Windows +S key combination to display the Search box.

• Type the word pin into the Search box, then click
      Set up PIN sign-in.

• Find the “PIN” section and click the Add button.

• Type in the password for your User Account, then click the
      Ok button.

• Select and enter a 4 digit numeric pin, then enter it again for confirmation.

• Exit the PIN setup utility.

From now on you’ll be able to log in to your Windows account by entering your 4 digit PIN instead of your password.

You can change your PIN at any time by following the steps below:

• Press the Windows +S key combination to display the Search box.

• Type the word pin into the Search box, then click Set up PIN sign-in.

• Find the “PIN” section and click the Change button.

• Enter your Windows password, then click the
      Ok button.

• Select and enter a new 4 digit numeric pin, then enter it again for confirmation.

• Click the Finish button.

• Exit the PIN setup utility.
    Check if it helps.

I hope the information helps. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Feb 25, 2019
Thema:

Logging in with PIN...Seems password is not what I thought I set it to

1. Logging in with PIN...Seems password is not what I thought I set it to - Similar Threads - Logging PIN Seems

2. If I use a password and PIN to log in, and I exceed a set number of wrong password...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    If I use a password and PIN to log in, and I exceed a set number of wrong password...: I use Windows 10, an administrator Microsoft user account, and default settings. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/if-i-use-a-password-and-pin-to-log-in-and-i-exceed/3c722f78-2761-488d-8ef8-2cbe929b27db
  3. If I use a password and PIN to log in, and I exceed a set number of wrong password...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    If I use a password and PIN to log in, and I exceed a set number of wrong password...: I use Windows 10, an administrator Microsoft user account, and default settings. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/if-i-use-a-password-and-pin-to-log-in-and-i-exceed/3c722f78-2761-488d-8ef8-2cbe929b27db
  4. If I use a password and PIN to log in, and I exceed a set number of wrong password...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Password and Pin log-in

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Password and Pin log-in: HelloI am using a laptop right now because I can't access my computer. It has locked me out. My pin that I've use since I first bought this machine 2018 hasn't changed. Last night I was using my machine, and also this morning. I did how ever go into msconfig to disable some...
  6. Deleted what I thought was an already deleted user, now I can't log in or get into winRE to...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Deleted what I thought was an already deleted user, now I can't log in or get into winRE to...: I got my laptop repaired a few months ago, so I switched my laptop to use a local account instead of my microsoft account just before i sent it over to them. When I got it back, I switched it back to use my Microsoft account. Flash forward to today, I noticed the user file...
  7. What are these blue pins i have in my taskbar since upgrading to 1909? I thought at first...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What are these blue pins i have in my taskbar since upgrading to 1909? I thought at first...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/onthefrontlinegaming [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/emz732/what_are_these_blue_pins_i_have_in_my_taskbar/
  8. Logging in with PIN...Seems password is not what I thought I set it to

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Logging in with PIN...Seems password is not what I thought I set it to: I can't imagine how I did this. My PC had some repair, and HP sent it back with a user of HP. I cahnged it to my name, and set up my old password (I thought...don't know how I got it wrong when I had to verify it). But I also set up a PIN, and it has been having me login with...
  9. TO INFORM: account.live.com/password/reset seemed to work, but I couldn't log in with the...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    TO INFORM: account.live.com/password/reset seemed to work, but I couldn't log in with the...: I went from the link on the win 10 login screen and it sent me to account.live.com/password/reset. It didn't work. I'm sure that I got the password written down right. I went to the site on a different computer with a different operating system and got another password, but...
  10. log in ignoring pin/password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    log in ignoring pin/password: Hi, I have a minor log in problem after coming out of a sleep, I normally use a pin to log in but recently when I enter a pin it will say I have miss input the keys then after a few attempts it will give me the option to input a password this then does the same, If I then...