Windows 10: Logging in with PIN...Seems password is not what I thought I set it to

Discus and support Logging in with PIN...Seems password is not what I thought I set it to in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I can't imagine how I did this. My PC had some repair, and HP sent it back with a user of HP. I cahnged it to my name, and set up my old password (I... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by 56Kruiser, Feb 26, 2019.

1. 56Kruiser Win User

Logging in with PIN...Seems password is not what I thought I set it to

I can't imagine how I did this. My PC had some repair, and HP sent it back with a user of HP. I cahnged it to my name, and set up my old password (I thought...don't know how I got it wrong when I had to verify it). But I also set up a PIN, and it has been having me login with that.

I'm trying to access the computer from another, and am unsuccessful.

So, I went to change the password just to see if that helps, and it tells me my password is wrong when I enter the current password in order to change it.

I have no idea how to get out of this mess.

Any suggestions?

:)

56Kruiser, Feb 26, 2019
  2. Dyan Rey Win User

Microsoft Account PIN and password

We appreciate the screenshot that you provided. to start troubleshooting the issue with you logins, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how login pin goes back to password:

• Click Start menu and go to Settings.
    • In Settings, click the Accounts icon.
    • Click on Sign-in options.
    • Change both your password and pin one by one.
    Let us know how it goes.

Dyan Rey, Feb 26, 2019
  3. How do you reset windows 10 log on pin password

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Click on Sign-in options on the log on screen. Select Microsoft account.
    • Try logging in using Microsoft account and password.
    • Once you log into the system, try to change the PIN under accounts/sign-in page.
    • Select the Start
      Logging in with PIN...Seems password is not what I thought I set it to [​IMG]
      button, then select
      Settings > Accounts > Sign-in options.
    • Try to reset the PIN.
    Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Feb 26, 2019
  4. Logging in with PIN...Seems password is not what I thought I set it to

Windows 10 Change password to pin

Hi Ana,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

Please share the details.

• Are you able to log in to your desktop?

• Do you see any error code along with the error message?
    I suggest you to go through the below steps and check if it helps.

Follow these steps to set up a PIN on your Windows User Account:

• Press the Windows +S key combination to display the Search box.

• Type the word pin into the Search box, then click
      Set up PIN sign-in.

• Find the “PIN” section and click the Add button.

• Type in the password for your User Account, then click the
      Ok button.

• Select and enter a 4 digit numeric pin, then enter it again for confirmation.

• Exit the PIN setup utility.

From now on you’ll be able to log in to your Windows account by entering your 4 digit PIN instead of your password.

You can change your PIN at any time by following the steps below:

• Press the Windows +S key combination to display the Search box.

• Type the word pin into the Search box, then click Set up PIN sign-in.

• Find the “PIN” section and click the Change button.

• Enter your Windows password, then click the
      Ok button.

• Select and enter a new 4 digit numeric pin, then enter it again for confirmation.

• Click the Finish button.

• Exit the PIN setup utility.
    Check if it helps.

I hope the information helps. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Feb 26, 2019
Thema:

Logging in with PIN...Seems password is not what I thought I set it to

1. Logging in with PIN...Seems password is not what I thought I set it to - Similar Threads - Logging PIN Seems

2. I would like to remove password and pin

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I would like to remove password and pin: I would like to remove password and pin code without resetting the computer, i would like to be able to be on desktop page without having to sign in as i font want to do a password or pin to sign in....
  3. I remember pin but not password.. and to add microsoft account i need password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I remember pin but not password.. and to add microsoft account i need password: I kept a password first to activate fingerprint. But later to give my lappy to my friends, I ket a pin and told him that and eventually, I recognized that I forgot the password. now to add Microsoft account I need to enter the windows password. By the way, I am using...
  4. Logging in with PIN...Seems password is not what I thought I set it to

in Windows 10 Support
    Logging in with PIN...Seems password is not what I thought I set it to: I can't imagine how I did this. My PC had some repair, and HP sent it back with a user of HP. I cahnged it to my name, and set up my old password (I thought...don't know how I got it wrong when I had to verify it). But I also set up a PIN, and it has been having me login with...
  5. I forgot password and pin on Dell desktop!!

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I forgot password and pin on Dell desktop!!: I use a Dell Studio Desktop that was running Vista but upgraded to Windows 10, haven't used it in a while!! I forgot password and pin I assigned to it , anyway to unlock without losing everything? No I didn't stash or hide back up, silly of me!!! Moved from: Accounts,...
  6. TO INFORM: account.live.com/password/reset seemed to work, but I couldn't log in with the...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    TO INFORM: account.live.com/password/reset seemed to work, but I couldn't log in with the...: I went from the link on the win 10 login screen and it sent me to account.live.com/password/reset. It didn't work. I'm sure that I got the password written down right. I went to the site on a different computer with a different operating system and got another password, but...
  7. Unable to log into laptop with Windows password or Pin

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to log into laptop with Windows password or Pin: I came back from leave on wednesday just and tried to log into my laptop, i know the pin and password, but its not allowing me use either of them, i tried to change my password via my laptop for outlook, but this did not work, as its the same profile picture etc - i cannot...
  8. Just a Thought I will share

in Windows 10 Customization
    Just a Thought I will share: As most of you know I have had some issues with Windows 10 and I believe that I was the cause of all of them. I removed stuff that I did not need, tweaked things, and so forth. I now have a clean running machine that is faster than it ever was. I have done the Following:...
  9. Couldnt log on using PIN or Password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Couldnt log on using PIN or Password: I leave my machine on 24/7 and was using it at lunch time, but came back to my machine about 7pm and the lock screen was active as it should be. I put my PIN in and nothing happened. Re-tried my PIN several times but couldnt log on so switched to password entry, put password...
  10. log in ignoring pin/password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    log in ignoring pin/password: Hi, I have a minor log in problem after coming out of a sleep, I normally use a pin to log in but recently when I enter a pin it will say I have miss input the keys then after a few attempts it will give me the option to input a password this then does the same, If I then...