Windows 10: Logging in with your microsoft account on work PC

Discus and support Logging in with your microsoft account on work PC in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hello ! I recently got my first job (as a programmer), and the PC I got was using Windows 8. Now I finally got the 'go' to upgrade my PC to Windows... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Marron, Sep 17, 2015.

1. Marron Win User

Logging in with your microsoft account on work PC

Hello !

I recently got my first job (as a programmer), and the PC I got was using Windows 8. Now I finally got the 'go' to upgrade my PC to Windows 10, but the thing is that no-one will do it for me. I need to do it on my own.

Now that's not a problem, because I upgraded so far several PCs, but my question is if it's OK to log in using my Microsoft account. I want to leave no traces behind once I leave the company (which isn't very soon though).

So. Is it safe to log in using my account ?

:)

Marron, Sep 17, 2015

2. Issues with logging in to Microsoft Account on Windows 10.

Hi Hugh,

Thank you for your response with the current status of the issue.

Refer to the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to temporarily disable the antivirus and check if it helps.

Disable Anti virus:

NOTE: Antivirus software can help protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you shouldn't disable your antivirus software. If you have to temporarily disable it
    to install other software, you should re-enable it as soon as you're done. If you're connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software is disabled, your computer is vulnerable to attacks.

If you the issue still persist, refer to the below method.

Method 2: I recommend you to temporarily turn on Windows Firewall and check if you are able to switch user account.

Windows Firewall Disclaimer:

A firewall is software or hardware that helps prevent hackers and some types of malware from getting to your PC through a network or the Internet. It does this by checking the info that’s coming from the Internet or a network and then either blocking it
    or allowing it to pass through to your PC.

You shouldn’t turn off Windows Firewall unless you have another firewall turned on. Turning off Windows Firewall might make your PC (and your network, if you have one) more vulnerable to damage from worms or hackers.

If you have turn off Windows Firewall, then you need to turn it on as soon as possible.

Let us know if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Sep 17, 2015
  3. Issues with logging in to Microsoft Account on Windows 10.

I am having compound problems that need address in the following order.

(1) Microsoft account –

a. Email account opens up as Local administrator.

b. Sign-in with Microsoft account instead.

i. Produces a “Something went wrong – try again message.

c. I successfully changed my password but it accomplished nothing.

(2) Cortana does not function.
    The mouse will not even click on her.

(3) Sync your settings.

a. Is turn off and will not toggle

b. All other sync setting are turned on but will not toggle.

(4) OneDrive is not connected.

(5) OneNote will not load and displays the message “Something went wrong – Try again”.

(6) Windows store does not appear on my task bar nor under All apps.

Please help me resolve these issues, preferably in the order listed.

HughBarnes, Sep 17, 2015
  4. pparks1 Win User

Depends, do you work in an office? If so, do you log in using an Active Directory account?

pparks1, Sep 17, 2015
  5. Marron Win User
    Yeah. I work in an office. And I dunno what an Active Directory account is. Last month when I came to work everything was already setup.

Marron, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Logging in with your microsoft account on work PC - Similar Threads - Logging microsoft account

2. Logging into pc with microsoft account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Logging into pc with microsoft account: I accidentally turned on logging into pc with microsoft account, but i don't know how to turn it off, every time I turn on my pc it asks for my microsoft account password, it is really bothering me. Does anyone have a soution?...
  3. Logging into pc with microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Logging into pc with microsoft account: I accidentally turned on logging into pc with microsoft account, but i don't know how to turn it off, every time I turn on my pc it asks for my microsoft account password, it is really bothering me. Does anyone have a soution?...
  4. Logging into pc with microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Logging in again with microsoft account on pc

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Logging in again with microsoft account on pc: Hello, So I recently downloaded gamepass on pc and wanted to play games but couldnt, the help option told me to log out of my microsoft account on pc and relog back in. But I cant relog back in, every time I click on the "Sign in with a Microsoft account instead" it doesnt...
  6. Microsoft is having trouble logging into your MS account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft is having trouble logging into your MS account: Once I hit the pop up, it goes into settings, I hit Fix it, put in my pin, and it is goo. 2 hours later it comes up again. I log into my computer WITH my MS account and this is so freaking annoying. Any recent fixes?...
  7. Security breach! Log in to your work or school account. Created by your IT department???

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Security breach! Log in to your work or school account. Created by your IT department???: When I try to sign in to my Microsoft account, I get to choose from two options. 1. Log in to a work or school account Created by your IT department. 2 Log in with a personal account. My question is what does "Work or School Account Created by Your IT Department" mean? I...
  8. Log in to your work or school account. Created by your IT department???

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Log in to your work or school account. Created by your IT department???: When I try to sign in to my Microsoft account, I get to choose from two options. 1. Log in to a work or school account Created by your IT department. 2 Log in with a personal account. My question is what does "Work or School Account Created by Your IT Department" mean? I...
  9. Logging in to Microsoft account on my new PC.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Logging in to Microsoft account on my new PC.: I just bought a new laptop with windows 10, before resetting my old PC, I removed my old device from my Microsoft dashboard and logged out from Microsoft account on that PC. Now I want to log in to my new PC using Microsoft account. should I create a new Microsoft ID or I...
  10. Unable to log into Microsoft Account on PC

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Unable to log into Microsoft Account on PC: I have a problem. When I installed Windows 10, during the Cortana setup process I was told to log in with my Microsoft account. When she brought up the window, everything but the minimize tab was gray and closed after 15 seconds. This happens every time and it also happens...