Windows 10: Logging in without using a PIN

Discus and support Logging in without using a PIN in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Is there a way to set Windows up so I don't have to type in my PIN every time I log in? I'm the only one how uses this computer and I'm getting tired... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by GaryWitt2, May 27, 2019.

1. GaryWitt2 Win User

Logging in without using a PIN

Is there a way to set Windows up so I don't have to type in my PIN every time I log in? I'm the only one how uses this computer and I'm getting tired of typing in 7 digits every time I want to log in.

:)

GaryWitt2, May 27, 2019

2. pin log in

Hi Keith,

You can change your PIN by following the steps below:

• Open Settings (keyboard shortcut: Windows + I) > Accounts >
      Sign-in options.
    • Under PIN, click on Change.
    • Enter your current PIN, enter and confirm the new PIN, then click OK.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Robelene Win, May 27, 2019
  3. Log-in Pin is incorrect after Anniversary update

I had the same issue after my update on Windows 10. I knew that my pin hadn't changed but it was saying it was incorrect. So I said that I forgot my pin and it started going through the steps to reset the pin entered my regular password and when the window popped up to set a new pin I said cancel and then I chose the option to set my pin later. I exited the screen, logged off logged back in, and set up a new pin which happened to be the same pin I had before and it worked. If this still doesn't work I can show step by step screen shots if you need. I have a surface 3 with Windows 10 fully updated 10.0.14393.0

mattman565, May 27, 2019
  4. Logging in without using a PIN

How do you reset windows 10 log on pin password

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Click on Sign-in options on the log on screen. Select Microsoft account.
    • Try logging in using Microsoft account and password.
    • Once you log into the system, try to change the PIN under accounts/sign-in page.
    • Select the Start
      Logging in without using a PIN [​IMG]
      button, then select
      Settings > Accounts > Sign-in options.
    • Try to reset the PIN.
    Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, May 27, 2019
Thema:

Logging in without using a PIN

1. Logging in without using a PIN - Similar Threads - Logging without using

2. Cannot Log In Using Pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot Log In Using Pin: I am unable to log into my laptop using my pin or any other method. My keypad and peripherals also appear to be disabled and cannot use them to type. It also indicates that 'Something happened and your pin isn't available. Click to set-up your pin again." If I choose 'I...
  3. Cannot Log In Using Pin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot Log In Using Pin: I am unable to log into my laptop using my pin or any other method. My keypad and peripherals also appear to be disabled and cannot use them to type. It also indicates that 'Something happened and your pin isn't available. Click to set-up your pin again." If I choose 'I...
  4. Cannot log into windows without PIN.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cannot log into windows without PIN.: Hello,I have resent this question for the third time after the first two did not work, I am having issues logging into my personal Microsoft account, when I try to log into apps like Word or One note, Windows prompts me for a PIN, I was never given any PIN, I have tried...
  5. Logging into WINDOWS10 "'PROFESSIONAL' without password or pin

in Windows 10 Support
    Logging into WINDOWS10 "'PROFESSIONAL' without password or pin: I am the sole user and my laptops as they never leave my house or bedroom due to my age. I have THREE Laptops, all DELLs, TWO with WINDOWS 10 HOME and ONE with WINDOWS 10 PROFESSIONAL. THE TWO "HOME" work fine, I turn on the power, it does its thing and bingo, I get the...
  6. Can't log on using pin #

Can't log on using pin #: After an automatic update, I can no longer sign on; pin # does not work or email password. Any suggestions. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-log-on-using-pin/e8b51b03-ffae-439c-8097-92d8430ecca9
  7. PIN log in without pressing enter

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    PIN log in without pressing enter: Windows 10. I have one PC that I enter my PIN and it logs in without my having to press the "enter" key. I have another PC that I enter my PIN and then must press "enter" before it logs in. What do I need to change to get the 2nd PC to log in like the 1st PC (not having...
  8. PIN log in without pressing enter

in Windows 10 Support
    PIN log in without pressing enter: Windows 10. I have one PC that I enter my PIN and it logs in without my having to press the "enter" key. I have another PC that I enter my PIN and then must press "enter" before it logs in. What do I need to change to get the 2nd PC to log in like the 1st PC (not having...
  9. How to log in using PIN without pressing ENTER?

How to log in using PIN without pressing ENTER?: can somebody please help me i have tried everything but its not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-log-in-using-pin-without-pressing-enter/9c153132-4de6-427b-93c3-e28ae2b50894
  10. Changing PIN without being logged in.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Changing PIN without being logged in.: I'm having trouble logging in to my Microsoft account because I don't remember my pin. When I click on 'forgot my pin', it tells me to change the pin using the settings on the account. However, I am not logged in so I can't. The account I am trying to login to is my second...