Windows 10: Logging into a separate accound for an app. "Fix account" nuisance!

Discus and support Logging into a separate accound for an app. "Fix account" nuisance! in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I have a normal user account on Win10 1803 with a pin. Also I have another MS account (pre-Win8) in which I have some OneNote and other OneDrive... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Pavel A, Feb 4, 2019.

1. Pavel A Win User

Logging into a separate accound for an app. "Fix account" nuisance!

I have a normal user account on Win10 1803 with a pin.

Also I have another MS account (pre-Win8) in which I have some OneNote and other OneDrive stuff.

But this account does not have a matching user account on this PC. It is used only to access the data online.

For several months, Windows keeps giving annoying messages like "need to fix your account" etc.

When I click on the message, it opens logon dialog for that 2nd account, I enter the password, but then it requires to provide a PIN and "Hello enable" this account???
    To begin with, this PC is not capable of Hello at all (Lenovo G50) and I do not know how to create a PIN for that account, since it is not a user account. So it says, go to account settings and enable Hello, and there it says "Hello not supported".

Same when I try to open OneNote notebook for the 2nd account from OneNote 2016.

It goes thru the same sequence.

How to stop this nuisance and regain access to my data?

-- pa

:)

Pavel A, Feb 4, 2019
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Feb 4, 2019
  3. Geethu B Win User
    Problems logging in to account

Hi Suzanne,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you have an issue with logging in to Microsoft Account. I will surely help you to fix this issue.

To understand the issue better, let me know what is the complete error message you get while logging in to Microsoft Account?

This issue could have occurred due to incorrect Microsoft Account Settings.

Try the steps listed here:

Method 1:

I suggest you to sign in to your Microsoft Account directly and check if you face any issues.

How do I sign in to my Microsoft account?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-live/sign-in-how

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to try the steps in the article which will help you to identify and fix some problems with the
    Microsoft Account.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/sign-in-cant

Note: Try the steps which you have not tried before.

To resolve the issue related to Microsoft Office 2016, I suggest you to post the query in Microsoft Office 2016 forums.

Results in Office - Microsoft Community

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Feb 4, 2019
  4. Logging into a separate accound for an app. "Fix account" nuisance!

Windows 10 self installing apps I have uninstalled!

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps:

Step 1: I suggest you to end the task in task manager.

• Go to task bar

• Right click on task bar

• Select task manager

• Click on apps and end the task.
    Step 2: Go to appwiz.cpl and locate to the apps, right click on apps and uninstall apps.

If the issue persists I suggest you to create new user account and check if it helps.

Step 3: You may check the same issue with the new user account.

Try these steps to create a new user account and check if it fixes the issue. Refer to the steps below to create a new User Account:

• Go to Settings.

• Choose Accounts
      and then select Other User Accounts towards the left.

• Select Add an Account.

• Enter a user name and hit Next.

• Click on Finish.

• Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.

• Check if issue persists.
    Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Feb 4, 2019
Thema:

Logging into a separate accound for an app. "Fix account" nuisance!

1. Logging into a separate accound for an app. "Fix account" nuisance! - Similar Threads - Logging separate accound

2. Logging troubles into a separate account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Logging troubles into a separate account: I can't sign into my account, and it keeps logging me into my work account. I have changed my password over 5 times, trying to log in when it asks me to enter a new password....
  3. Logging troubles into a separate account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Logging troubles into a separate account: I can't sign into my account, and it keeps logging me into my work account. I have changed my password over 5 times, trying to log in when it asks me to enter a new password....
  4. Logging troubles into a separate account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Trying to log into Minecraft with a separate Microsoft account but it's asking for a pin...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to log into Minecraft with a separate Microsoft account but it's asking for a pin...: I've been trying to log into Minecraft to get to the Java version of the game, but it seems as when I try to log into another Microsoft account to reach it, I always get asked for a pin. Now I never had a pin or did I have the setting on that requires me to use a pin. So, I...
  6. Trying to log into Minecraft with a separate Microsoft account but it's asking for a pin...

Trying to log into Minecraft with a separate Microsoft account but it's asking for a pin...: I've been trying to log into Minecraft to get to the Java version of the game, but it seems as when I try to log into another Microsoft account to reach it, I always get asked for a pin. Now I never had a pin or did I have the setting on that requires me to use a pin. So, I...
  7. Sharing apps family account separate computers

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Sharing apps family account separate computers: Hi, Looking for how to share apps with my children. I have bought a game Minecraft for Windows 10 from my Microsoft Account. My children have their own computers with their own microsoft accounts. Their accouts is linked to mine through Microsoft Family. I find their...
  8. Notepad nuisance

Notepad nuisance: I was wondering if there is a way around this. I like to use Notepad for simple notemaking. But then sometimes I accidentaly open a second instance of Notepad and I get a second window open (so I have two windows open in parallel of the same file) and I keep editing one and...
  9. The referenced accound is locked

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    The referenced accound is locked: Hi , We faced a situation : User is under the Win10 enterprise in the domain. the account will be locked after sleep and restarted. But the user don't input any wrong password. What 's possible cause? How to resolve it....
  10. How to fix a nuisance with notepad.exe shortcuts

in Windows 10 Support
    How to fix a nuisance with notepad.exe shortcuts: On every system we have, when it is first set up, I always put a shortcut to CMD, and Notepad.exe and a few others on the desktop. The shortcut i create to notepad.exe made when using create new shortcut option works fine. BUT any files created with it ALWAYS default to...