Windows 10: logging into Microsoft Store on my child's account not happening

Discus and support logging into Microsoft Store on my child's account not happening in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hi, Having trouble trying to get into my account on the Microsoft store so i can install games for my child's account. I.e. I am logging the kids out... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by GrahamYoung4, Aug 29, 2020.

1. logging into Microsoft Store on my child's account not happening

Hi,

Having trouble trying to get into my account on the Microsoft store so i can install games for my child's account. I.e. I am logging the kids out of the microsoft store and putting my credentials in temporarily so as not to pay twice for the same piece of software which is already installed on my machine. It asks me for the pin, which i have put in correctly, but always says its incorrect. I have tried:

changing my pin code

removing my pin code

restarting each account

restarting our computer

But it always comes back with 'pin incorrect' even when i don't have a pin activated!

Please help a very frustrated Dad who wants my kids to have their own parental controlled accounts but is struggling to get them to do anything useful.

Thanks in advance

:)

GrahamYoung4, Aug 29, 2020
  2. Romel Ram Win User

Can’t log into child account

Hi Sheila,

It is possible that you're trying to login the child account using the parent device or computer. To properly isolate this issue, we'd like to ask some questions:

• Are you trying to log into the child account using the child's device or computer?
    • Have you tried removing the child account from the family account and add it again?
    • Have you tried logging in the child account to other computer to check if the credentials are correct?

We hope to hear from you soon.

Romel Ram, Aug 29, 2020
  3. Child account

I did set up a Child account, I did fallow all the steps window ask, the account say that the child is in the family, when I tried to log, give me the message "The Profile Service service Failed The Sign-in. User Profile cannot be loaded".

Answering your questions:

• Did you make any changes to the child account prior to the issue? No, I did not make any changes.
    • Since when you are facing this issue? Right from the start. I never got to login.
    • Are you able to login with other child accounts on the computer? No
    I suggest you to restart the computer once and check if you are able to login to the computer. I did, the same problem, I do not have any problem with my account or my wife.

Thank you for your help.

David.

David EDongo Sr, Aug 29, 2020
  4. logging into Microsoft Store on my child's account not happening

Child's account monitoring no logs

Hi Rona,

Thank you for updating us. Let me help you.

I suggest you to remove the PC associated to the child via the Family Safety website to re-establish the connection by following these steps:

1. Login to

Family Safety website

2. Go to the child's
    Edit settings

3. Look for the computer associated to the child account at the lower portion, click
    Remove at the right side of the computer.

4. Go to Windows 8 Family Safety control panel, turn on Family Safety for the child account.

5. Switch user and then log in using the child account at the PC.

6. Try to do some activities on the child account such as web browsing, etc. (at least 5 minutes).

7. Log out from the child account then log in using the parent account. Verify if the activities are reflected in the Activity reports of the Family Safety website.

Reference: Refer to the following Microsoft article on
    Monitor your child's device use with activity reports.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/monitor-child-pc-activity

Check if it resolves the issue.

Keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you further.

Aswin_Anand, Aug 29, 2020
Thema:

logging into Microsoft Store on my child's account not happening

1. logging into Microsoft Store on my child's account not happening - Similar Threads - logging Microsoft Store

2. Resetting child account log in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Resetting child account log in: I am trying to reset my childs Microsoft account password because they tried to guess the password too many times and it is locked. I have the backup email and have gone through the reset process but apparently I am not putting the right info to reset it and I can find no...
  3. Resetting child account log in

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Resetting child account log in: I am trying to reset my childs Microsoft account password because they tried to guess the password too many times and it is locked. I have the backup email and have gone through the reset process but apparently I am not putting the right info to reset it and I can find no...
  4. Resetting child account log in

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Child account making purchases on my store account

Child account making purchases on my store account: I have a win10 machine with my account as admin and my daughter's account allowed to log in as a standard user. Because I have GamePass Ultimate and I have bought a couple of games, I've set the microsoft store account on her login to use my login. That all works fine and...
  6. cant log in to my childs account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    cant log in to my childs account: I cant log in to my child's account I set up. it worked for a day or 2 but now, an error message every time days says 'we cant sight in to your account' it suggests singing out then then back in. Ive done this a few times over the last few days and the error message...
  7. Microsoft store vpn apps and child accounts

Microsoft store vpn apps and child accounts: How can one avoid a child account from accessing the Microsoft store online and downloading vpn/browser apps directly on the computer? It seems that even if I block the Microsoft store via the desktop, these apps can still be downloaded by going on microsoft.com;...
  8. Child account not appearing to log into

Child account not appearing to log into: Hi, I've successfully added my children using the "Family" options, however they are not appearing on the log-on screen, so they cant log in. I think this is complicated by the fact that I reinstalled Windows 10, and I notice that the childrens accounts are associated...
  9. Child Microsoft Account

Child Microsoft Account: HI I set up a child account with the correct birthdate that shows my childs age as 12y old - however it lists him as an Adult - How do I change him to a child. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/child-microsoft-account/deed6fb6-15a1-4b74-b6f5-6d4a1cd23d5f"
  10. Add Money to Account of Microsoft Family Child for Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add Money to Account of Microsoft Family Child for Microsoft Store: How to: Add Money to Account of Microsoft Family Child for Microsoft Store How to Add Money to Account of Microsoft Family Child to Shop at Microsoft Store One of the many benefits of having a Microsoft account is a family group, which gives you access to family...