Windows 10: Logging into pc with Microsoft logon credentials

Discus and support Logging into pc with Microsoft logon credentials in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; This morning when I tried logging into my computer with the Microsoft account pin, I did not get an optionto enter the pin. A message was displayed... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by AndreCollins1, Nov 4, 2020.

1. Logging into pc with Microsoft logon credentials

This morning when I tried logging into my computer with the Microsoft account pin, I did not get an optionto enter the pin. A message was displayed saying that this option is not available as something went wrong.

I then tried my password which was also not recognized. I tried resetting the password but was just taken back to the logon screen. This continued going round in circles.

I then reset the password on an individual tablet, and tried logging in on the computer but was still unsuccessfull.

Please help.

:)

AndreCollins1, Nov 4, 2020

2. Scheduled tasks run with elevated privileges can't access stored Windows credentials

It seems that after Creators update scheduled tasks run with elevated privileges ('run with highest privileges' option) can't access stored Windows credentials. Is that a bug or an intentional change and is there a recommended workaround?

Here's one way to reproduce the behaviour:

• Start Credential Manger and add some Windows share credentials.
    • In a console window type 'cmdkey /list', which should list the added credentials
    • Create a task in a task manager:
      • Trigger: on user logon
      • Action: run cmd.exe
      • Tick the 'run with highest privileges' option
    • Reboot the machine and log in
    • In the console window (let's call it 'console 1') opened from the scheduled task type 'cmdkey /list'. This most likely won't display the credentials added in step 1 and properly listed in step 2. ->
      This looks like a bug
    • Now, without closing 'console 1' open another console window as an administrator (let's call it 'console 2') and type 'cmdkey /list'. This will properly list credentials added in step 1.
    • Switch to 'console 1' and type 'cmdkey /list' again. This time the credentials are listed properly, unlike in step 5. It looks like an access to Windows credentials was somehow 'unlocked' by step 6.

MarcinMrowiec, Nov 4, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Credential Guard lab companion

Source: Credential Guard lab companion Datacenter and Private Cloud Security Blog

See also:

Brink, Nov 4, 2020
  4. Logging into pc with Microsoft logon credentials

Microsoft security notification

Hi Maria,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest in Windows 10.We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.

• Are you logged in using Microsoft account on the desktop?

You might be face this issue if the Windows login credentials are removed from the Login Credential manger.

I suggest you to try the following steps and check if it helps.

a. Press Start button and type "Credential Manager".

b. Click on the arrow near the "Windows cached credentials".

c. Check whether the Windows login credentials are listed over there.

d. If the credentials are listed, I suggest you to click on "Remove from vault" and follow the onscreen suggestions.

e. Now check for the issue.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Nov 4, 2020
Thema:

Logging into pc with Microsoft logon credentials

1. Logging into pc with Microsoft logon credentials - Similar Threads - Logging Microsoft logon

2. Unable to log into Windows 11 with correct microsoft credentials

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to log into Windows 11 with correct microsoft credentials: I am unable to log into my pc with my correct microsoft credentials. I am able to log into my other devices iphone, laptop. Internet connection shows the pc is online. I am unable to start my pc in safe/recovery mode. Please help....
  3. Unable to log into Windows 11 with correct microsoft credentials

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to log into Windows 11 with correct microsoft credentials: I am unable to log into my pc with my correct microsoft credentials. I am able to log into my other devices iphone, laptop. Internet connection shows the pc is online. I am unable to start my pc in safe/recovery mode. Please help....
  4. Windows logon credentials error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows logon credentials error: After logging in to my windows 11 work PC using the fingerprint or face unlock I get a pop-up saying that windows needs my credentials and I should logon one more time. Also when this happens, windows explorer takes forever to load and I do not have access to network drives....
  5. Windows logon credentials error

Windows logon credentials error: After logging in to my windows 11 work PC using the fingerprint or face unlock I get a pop-up saying that windows needs my credentials and I should logon one more time. Also when this happens, windows explorer takes forever to load and I do not have access to network drives....
  6. Windows Hello - A logon was attempted using explicit credentials.

Windows Hello - A logon was attempted using explicit credentials.: Hi all, For some reason my PIN and fingerprint credentials have stopped working. Whenever I try to login to my laptop using with them, it says "your credentials couldn't be verified" and I get this error message in the event log: A logon was attempted using explicit...
  7. Microsoft Credentials

Microsoft Credentials: I don't know where this account came from, but here is all of the information as it appearedIn Windows Credentials there is an account I did not make. virtualapp/didlogical next line Internet or Network Address: virtualapp/didlogical next line User name: 02mxsyiyfuniogrh next...
  8. vanishing logon credentials and mapped network drives

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    vanishing logon credentials and mapped network drives: I have Dell Vostro desktop with Win10 Pro and Office Professional 2019. After each restart I have to remap all network drives using Synology software. Outlook 2019 logon credentials keep disappearing many times a day even though there duly saved during email account...
  9. Lock Screen to Logon Credentials not working as desired

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lock Screen to Logon Credentials not working as desired: The recent upgrade(s) of my Windows 10 Pro sees Version 1709 and OS Build 16299.19 loaded. My original settings of not seeing the lock screen picture not appearing on the logon screen has seen the lock screen picture not being displayed at all, instead it is just a plain...
  10. Pass credential phase of logon takes ~10 sec

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Pass credential phase of logon takes ~10 sec: I'm running CB Enterprise Win10 x64, bound to a domain which uses active directory authentication. When I type in my pass and hit enter, nothing happens for about 10 seconds, then it takes me in. The cursor even stays blinking as if I didn't hit anything. I'm worried this...