Windows 10: Logging into VPN changes my home directory

Discus and support Logging into VPN changes my home directory in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My usual home directory is c:\users[name] however when I log into my work VPN is gets changed to Z:. It seems that the HOMEDRIVE and HOMEPATH... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/JaimieP, Mar 30, 2020.

1. Logging into VPN changes my home directory

My usual home directory is c:\users[name] however when I log into my work VPN is gets changed to Z:.

It seems that the HOMEDRIVE and HOMEPATH environment variables are changed when on the VPN.

Does anyone know why this would happen and how to fix it?

Also this didn’t happen before until today

submitted by /u/JaimieP
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/JaimieP, Mar 30, 2020
  2. Knoxx29 Win User

Vpn ( trusted Vpn)

Hi everyone.
    I am not an expert about Vpn and that's why I would like to know if someone could list me a few trusted Vpns, I would really appreciate any suggestion/ advice.

Thanks.

Knoxx29, Mar 30, 2020
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Vpn ( trusted Vpn)

Tired of Germany blocking many youtube videos? *Big Grin Logging into VPN changes my home directory :D

P4-630, Mar 30, 2020
  4. Logging into VPN changes my home directory

Directory Size Utility

New! Directory Size Utility BETA v1.4

Change Log v1.4
    • New button icons!. - Thanks Drone
    • New Refresh button.
    Download here!

Main Screen - New Screen!

Logging into VPN changes my home directory Main.jpg

Mindweaver, Mar 30, 2020
Thema:

Logging into VPN changes my home directory

1. Logging into VPN changes my home directory - Similar Threads - Logging VPN changes

2. Changing usernames in home directory.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing usernames in home directory.: Good day. A long time ago I setup a particular user under windows. I made a mistake somehow and left out a character though. Since then, I've reinstalled many times on multiple times. Also, on different computers. I specifically tried different usernames at setup however that...
  3. Changing usernames in home directory.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing usernames in home directory.: Good day. A long time ago I setup a particular user under windows. I made a mistake somehow and left out a character though. Since then, I've reinstalled many times on multiple times. Also, on different computers. I specifically tried different usernames at setup however that...
  4. Changing name of home directory.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing name of home directory.: If my name is George Smith but I made a typo when installing Windows such that my home directory is named georg no "e" is there a reasonably convenient way to rename my home directory to "george?" My Microsoft ID is OK at george ... mydomain.com" and I don't want or need to...
  5. Changing name of home directory.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing name of home directory.: If my name is George Smith but I made a typo when installing Windows such that my home directory is named georg no "e" is there a reasonably convenient way to rename my home directory to "george?" My Microsoft ID is OK at george ... mydomain.com" and I don't want or need to...
  6. VPN Log-in problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    VPN Log-in problem: Hello there,I wonder why I can't connect with a remote desk with Hamachi Logmein. When I click on "Browse", it came up with my own document. After trying almost all methods including unprotect the Hamachi by the Firewall or change settings for network sharing and so on, I...
  7. How to move my home directory?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to move my home directory?: Somehow my home directory wound up underneath the Desktop folder. Can I just move all of these folders to C:\Users\bernie? Not sure when this happened! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-move-my-home-directory/9e52f536-52ac-47c1-987a-d924a0d56a6e
  8. VPN to my home?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    VPN to my home?: Hello, at home i have a hard drive connected to the network, and from work i would like to be able to access it, through my desktop computer at home, how should i configure the vpn and what programs should i use? Thanks to all of you. submitted by /u/TheKeppler [link]...
  9. Change default home directory path

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Change default home directory path: Hi everyone, I have a windows 10 Pro server with a thinstuff tool to enable more than 3 remote desktop sessions at same time. This server has a 254 SSD boot disk with OS windows 10, and an extra 1TB Volume for data storage. My question is simple, i need to change the...
  10. change default home directory windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    change default home directory windows 10: New laptop, Dell 7000, Windows 10 Microsoft decided to create a home directory for me as c:\users\chars I would like for default home to be c:\users\charsmith How could I do that? Thanks....