Windows 10: Logging into WINDOWS10 "'PROFESSIONAL' without password or pin

Discus and support Logging into WINDOWS10 "'PROFESSIONAL' without password or pin in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I am the sole user and my laptops as they never leave my house or bedroom due to my age. I have THREE Laptops, all DELLs, TWO with WINDOWS 10 HOME and... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by jagman, Feb 22, 2021.

1. jagman Win User

Logging into WINDOWS10 "'PROFESSIONAL' without password or pin

I am the sole user and my laptops as they never leave my house or bedroom due to my age.
    I have THREE Laptops, all DELLs, TWO with WINDOWS 10 HOME and ONE with WINDOWS 10 PROFESSIONAL.
    THE TWO "HOME" work fine, I turn on the power, it does its thing and bingo, I get the DESKTOP. BUT not on the PROFESSIONAL. Its wants a PW. I have exhausted every method I know to get it to come up with a pin or PW and finally had to give up.

IF I try the 'uncheck' the box "USERS MUST ENTER A ............", IT REALLY SCREWS UP THE LOGON, THEN it wants PW AND A PIN. I simply can not find a way to get Windows 10 PRO to 'bypass' the pin or PW.

Anyone know why PROFESSIONAL is kookier? Anyone know HOW to make it work like HOME?

Windows 10
    ver: 1909 (OS Build 18363.1379)

:)

jagman, Feb 22, 2021
  2. Bree Win User

I have quite a few laptops, some with Pro, others with Home. All except one of my machines go straight to the desktop when I turn them on. The exception is the one machine I take out of the house with me. For that one (running Home, as it happens) I have deliberately set it up to require a password, just in case it gets lost/stolen.

The difference between your two that 'just do their thing' and the one that insists on a password or a Pin is not the version of Windows, it will be down to the way the sign in options are configured.

Dalchina has given you some links to good tutorials that should help you. The 'sign in automatically' tutorial works for any type of account, a Microsoft account or a Local account. What type of account do you use?

How to Tell if Local Account or Microsoft Account in Windows 10

If it is a local account, the simplest possible way to get straight to the desktop is to remove the Pin (if it has one set) then remove the password. At startup Windows tries to sign in as the last user who was signed in, prompting you for the password if the account has one, or going straight to the desktop if the user account has no password.

All my machines (except the one that goes out with me) have local accounts with no password. I also use the second tutorial that dalchina gave you to avoid getting the lock screen when they wake from sleep or hibernation.

3. jagman Win User

I am the sole user and my laptops as they never leave my house or bedroom due to my age.
    I have THREE Laptops, all DELLs, TWO with WINDOWS 10 HOME and ONE with WINDOWS 10 PROFESSIONAL.
    THE TWO "HOME" work fine, I turn on the power, it does its thing and bingo, I get the DESKTOP. BUT not on the PROFESSIONAL. Its wants a PW. I have exhausted every method I know to get it to come up with a pin or PW and finally had to give up.

IF I try the 'uncheck' the box "USERS MUST ENTER A ............", IT REALLY SCREWS UP THE LOGON, THEN it wants PW AND A PIN. I simply can not find a way to get Windows 10 PRO to 'bypass' the pin or PW.

Anyone know why PROFESSIONAL is kookier? Anyone know HOW to make it work like HOME?

Windows 10
    ver: 1909 (OS Build 18363.1379)

jagman, Feb 22, 2021
  4. Logging into WINDOWS10 "'PROFESSIONAL' without password or pin

How do you reset windows 10 log on pin password

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Click on Sign-in options on the log on screen. Select Microsoft account.
    • Try logging in using Microsoft account and password.
    • Once you log into the system, try to change the PIN under accounts/sign-in page.
    • Select the Start
      Logging into WINDOWS10 "'PROFESSIONAL' without password or pin [​IMG]
      button, then select
      Settings > Accounts > Sign-in options.
    • Try to reset the PIN.
    Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Feb 22, 2021
Thema:

1. Logging into WINDOWS10 "'PROFESSIONAL' without password or pin - Similar Threads - Logging WINDOWS10 'PROFESSIONAL'

2. how to log in without a password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    how to log in without a password: I have tried all the options netplwiz , does not work. instead it changed to another account that it created, and on Settings, change password it will not accept it the instructions suggested on microsoft community, to leave blank , but it ask to change password, instead of...
  3. how to log in without a password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to log in without a password: I have tried all the options netplwiz , does not work. instead it changed to another account that it created, and on Settings, change password it will not accept it the instructions suggested on microsoft community, to leave blank , but it ask to change password, instead of...
  4. how to log in without a password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Sign-in to Windows without password/pin while logged in

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sign-in to Windows without password/pin while logged in: While I logged in with my MS account on computer to sync blabla, it always requires me to enter password/pin when starting computer. Currently I solve this problem by using local account.Is there a way to Log into computer without typing password, and also can select...
  6. Password and Pin log-in

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Password and Pin log-in: HelloI am using a laptop right now because I can't access my computer. It has locked me out. My pin that I've use since I first bought this machine 2018 hasn't changed. Last night I was using my machine, and also this morning. I did how ever go into msconfig to disable some...
  7. how to switch from a pin login to password Without logging in.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    how to switch from a pin login to password Without logging in.: This windows computer was turned off and when it booted back up it switched from logging in with a password to logging in with a PIN. The person does not remember setting a pin and when they click the forgot password button it lists an email for 2 factor authentication that...
  8. Logging into WINDOWS10 "'PROFESSIONAL' without password or pin

in Windows 10 Support
    Logging into WINDOWS10 "'PROFESSIONAL' without password or pin: I am the sole user and my laptops as they never leave my house or bedroom due to my age. I have THREE Laptops, all DELLs, TWO with WINDOWS 10 HOME and ONE with WINDOWS 10 PROFESSIONAL. THE TWO "HOME" work fine, I turn on the power, it does its thing and bingo, I get the...
  9. Logging in without using a PIN

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Logging in without using a PIN: Is there a way to set Windows up so I don't have to type in my PIN every time I log in? I'm the only one how uses this computer and I'm getting tired of typing in 7 digits every time I want to log in....
  10. Log in without password

in Windows 10 Support
    Log in without password: Before the new build I could use the following to log in without using a password. "Type in netplwiz into the start menu search box, hit enter, on the next screen, un check the box that says "users must use a password …….. " .. another box will open and you must type...