Windows 10: Logging on freezes

Discus and support Logging on freezes in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; When l log onto my computer only a picture appears, you then have to turn computer off. When turned back on you then can log on correctly. What is... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Christine Ayres, Dec 7, 2019.

1. Logging on freezes

When l log onto my computer only a picture appears, you then have to turn computer off. When turned back on you then can log on correctly. What is causing this problem.

:)

Christine Ayres, Dec 7, 2019
  2. Jelo Sen Win User

Windows 10 freezing at log in

Hello Frank,

A failed update or one-time startup process can sometimes cause stopping, freezing, or reboot-loop issues during the login process. To isolate the issue, we suggest that you answer the following questions:

• Do you have a USB device attached? If yes, can you remove the device and log in again.
    • Have you tried turning off the WiFi feature in your laptop before logging in?
    • How about running a Startup Repair in your Windows 10 laptop? (Boot to Advanced Startup Options>Click on Troubleshoot> Click on Advanced options> Click on Startup Repair)
    • Aside from the above steps, what other troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Looking forward to your response.

Jelo Sen, Dec 7, 2019
  3. Desktop freeze after log in

Hi Keith,

In order for us to find out what causes your desktop to freeze after logging in, we would like to gather more information:

• Did you make any recent changes on your computer prior to this issue?
    • What other troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • When the computer freezes, do you get an error message?

Regards.

Dennis Mop, Dec 7, 2019
  4. Caring1 Win User

Logging on freezes

New CPU cooler for Ryzen questions and suggestions

Your Ryzen 7 1700X should be close to 4.0GHz anyway, so overclocking is pointless.
    If the computer freezes then there should be an error listed in the crash logs, most likely a clock watchdog timeout, changing the cooler won't fix it.
    I'd suggest leaving the CPU stock and clocking your Ram up a bit.

Caring1, Dec 7, 2019
Thema:

Logging on freezes

1. Logging on freezes - Similar Threads - Logging freezes

2. Windows freezes and fails to create log file

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows freezes and fails to create log file: Recently Windows 10 has been randomly freezing while browsing or doing any basic task, the cursor freezes and if there's music or sound it freezes on a loop. The computer won't shut down or display a blue screen, it can sit there frozen for hours until forced reboot. Event...
  3. Freeze on Windows log in, followed by a shut down.

Freeze on Windows log in, followed by a shut down.: Hello, recently I upgraded my computer. Basically everything but the ssd and gpu were replaced. Sometimes when I boot it up it and try to login, it will freeze on the login screen and will randomly turn it self off. I then have to manually power it up again. I have tried...
  4. PC Randomly Freezes/Hangs, but only when logged into Microsoft Account

PC Randomly Freezes/Hangs, but only when logged into Microsoft Account: I've been having this issue for about 4 months now where my PC randomly freezes and I have to cold boot to bring it back up. I did have a hardware issue with a bad controller card, but it's still freezing even after I replaced the controller card. And, it only freezes when...
  5. need help diagnostic the freeze error in log collector, file in post

need help diagnostic the freeze error in log collector, file in post: newly built keep freezing mid gaming no matter the game. please find attached file for crash logs from log collector v2 beta, all i can get from it is error 10016 which is usually harmless, after testing my rig one by one i'm almost certain the reason for those freezes is...
  6. Deciphering event log info that seems to occur right before whole system freezes

Deciphering event log info that seems to occur right before whole system freezes: No BSOD, no reset, the whole system just freezes. I've been having this issue off and on. Anyway, I looked in the event log and I think this is occurring right before the freeze: From this morning: Log Name: Application Source:...
  7. AMD Radeon HD 8870 Series PCI at install freez, after reboot black screen before Log in screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    AMD Radeon HD 8870 Series PCI at install freez, after reboot black screen before Log in screen: Greetings, I have a Dell Inspiron 17r 5737 with an AMD Radeon HD 8870 and Windows 10 Home x64. For the first look about half years ago i realized that my VGA isn't work, just only the integrated Intel HD Graphics Family card. If i wanted to install the newest (or the...
  8. PC freezes after few minutes when logging in

PC freezes after few minutes when logging in: This issue persists in everything and every method I try I can still move my mouse but I cant interact with anything Sometimes a windows is not responding error would pop up, I cant interact with that I have tried pretty much almost everything I tried booting in safe...
  9. Event viewer logs critical error - Telegram messenger freezes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Event viewer logs critical error - Telegram messenger freezes: I am running latest greatest Windows 10, version 1803.The Telegram messenger, the desktop version is also latest version. The application constantly freezes, as often as hourly. Very often when files get attached but sometimes for no visible reason or when not doing...
  10. Telegram messenger freezes - Event viewer logs critical error

in Windows 10 Support
    Telegram messenger freezes - Event viewer logs critical error: I am running latest greatest Windows 10, version 1803.The Telegram messenger, the desktop version is also latest version. The application constantly freezes, as often as hourly. Very often when files get attached but sometimes for no visible reason or when not doing...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. log file after pc freezes