Windows 10: logging on to account in windows 10, desk top

Discus and support logging on to account in windows 10, desk top in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have 2 accounts on my home computer. I have no problem logging in to account 'A'. When I try to log on to account 'B' The cursor continually spins... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Robert Turk, Dec 6, 2018.

1. logging on to account in windows 10, desk top

I have 2 accounts on my home computer. I have no problem logging in to account 'A'. When I try to log on to account 'B' The cursor continually spins and the words "Logging on please wait". This continues till I shut down the computer and restart. Then when I click on account "B" it opens immediately.

:)

Robert Turk, Dec 6, 2018

2. Desk top Icons replaced by start menu

Hello,

We appreciate your persistent patience n this issue.

At this point, I suggest you to check if the same issue occurs when logged in through a different Local Administrator user account.

Follow the steps:

• Assuming that you are already logged on to your user account in Windows 10, click the Start button.
    • From the Start menu, click your name from the top of the left pane.
    • From the displayed options click Sign out.
    • From the login screen, click to the different user account you want to switch to.

However, if you do not have a separate user account, I suggest you to create another administrator user account by referring to the Microsoft article here: Set
    up accounts

Kindly keep us posted on the status of the issue.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Dec 6, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Dec 6, 2018
  4. logging on to account in windows 10, desk top

Unable to log on to my desk top PC.

Hi Dean,

Thank you for keeping us updated.

I’m sorry to know that your issue is still unresolved.

• Do you have any other user account to log in to the computer?
    I suggest you to enable the built in administrator account and try to create a new user account and transfer all the user profile data of the old account.

Follow the below steps:

• Press and hold on the Shift Key from the Windows sign in screen and click on Restart.

• Follow the path Troubleshoot> Advanced Options > Start Up settings.

• Click on Restart.

• Choose Enable Safe Mode with
      Command Prompt.

• At the command prompt, type net user administrator /active:yes, and then press Enter.

• Type net user administrator <Password>, and then press Enter.
    Note: In this command,
    <Password> represents the actual password that you want to set for the administrator account.

• Type exit, and then press Enter.

• Log off the current user account.
    Note: type net user administrator /active:yes, to disable the
    Built-in Administrator after adding the Microsoft account.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you have any further query on Windows, we are glad to assist you.

Abdul_Malik, Dec 6, 2018
Thema:

logging on to account in windows 10, desk top

1. logging on to account in windows 10, desk top - Similar Threads - logging account desk

2. desk top slide show

in Windows 10 Customization
    desk top slide show: how do I run a slide show as my desktop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desk-top-slide-show/03590364-7a1b-4b82-876c-6147b69da320
  3. Desk top icons

Desk top icons: Desktop background is present but error message says desktop location not accessible. No icons present. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desk-top-icons/740a8ce8-07d4-4d79-83af-53ff469d46e0
  4. Desk Top

Desk Top: HI, I'm hoping someone can help me? All my program file icons on the desktop and in the start menu have gone. The programs them self's are still on the pc and working fine as I had pinned some to the task bar and these are still there and the programs open with no issues...
  5. Desk top icons

Desk top icons: I have lost my desktop icons. How do I restore them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_desk/desk-top-icons/f614568e-9124-4013-be02-88d31ea0c735
  6. Old desk top icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Old desk top icons: I did a complete Windows 10 reset on my desktop pc. It left the old icons still showing on it. When I right-click on the icons to delete them it acts as if it doesn't see the icons and goes to the drop down menu for 'view, sort by, refresh, new, display settings,...
  7. Password changed but not working on desk top

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Password changed but not working on desk top: I changed my password and it was updated successfully but it's still not working when I try to sign in on my lap computer. I just bought a new printer and all I want to do was just headed up and I can't even sign into my computer....
  8. Desk Top Short Cut Icons keep changing

Desk Top Short Cut Icons keep changing: I am running Windows 10 home 1803 build 17134.191 Why do my desk top icons keep changing to generic 'e' symbol rather than the correct symbol representing that web site selected. ie: Pay Pal 'PP' changes to 'e'. John...
  9. Creating Desk Top

Creating Desk Top: An error window opened when creating the desk top short cut: "windows couldn't create the short cut, check to see whether the disk is full". The disk isn't full. what should I do. Anything wrong with the lap top?...
  10. Wi Fi Missing on Desk Top

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wi Fi Missing on Desk Top: I have a netgear combination router/modem. It has worked fine. I have now upgraded to Windows 10. I use Ethernet to connect my two desktop computers. My problem is I do not have wi fi on my desk tops. I want to use wireless printers but cannot get wi fi. I have gone to...