Windows 10: Logging on to laptop

Discus and support Logging on to laptop in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I am not able to log onto my evvo laptop. I've been on my from on Microsoft's web site several times to reset my password and it does not work. I... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Carsgrl1981, Nov 1, 2020.

1. Logging on to laptop

I am not able to log onto my evvo laptop. I've been on my from on Microsoft's web site several times to reset my password and it does not work. I still get the incorrect password message. What can I do to finally get into this laptop.

:)

Carsgrl1981, Nov 1, 2020
  2. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Nov 1, 2020
  3. Unable to log into laptop after changing password.

Hi Marty,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand how difficult it could be and we appreciate the time and effort that you have taken to work this issue. However, in order to get clarity, we would need some more information regarding the issue.

1. Were you using the “Old email (account) address” regardless of not using laptop?
    2. Are both the email addresses linked?
    3. Could you please let us know, where exactly you get prompt for the password for the “Old email address” in the desktop?
    4. What is the exact error message you get when you try to log in to laptop?
    5. Does your desktop has two user profiles?

In the meantime, we would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and check.

You would need to have internet connection in laptop, so that the password change could get updated and it seems that the laptop is not connected to the internet, we would suggest you to connect Ethernet cable to laptop and then
    try logging in to the laptop with the new password for the old email address.

We await your response.

Manjunath_H, Nov 1, 2020
  4. Jelo Sen Win User

Logging on to laptop

Windows 10 freezing at log in

Hello Frank,

A failed update or one-time startup process can sometimes cause stopping, freezing, or reboot-loop issues during the login process. To isolate the issue, we suggest that you answer the following questions:

• Do you have a USB device attached? If yes, can you remove the device and log in again.
    • Have you tried turning off the WiFi feature in your laptop before logging in?
    • How about running a Startup Repair in your Windows 10 laptop? (Boot to Advanced Startup Options>Click on Troubleshoot> Click on Advanced options> Click on Startup Repair)
    • Aside from the above steps, what other troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Looking forward to your response.

Jelo Sen, Nov 1, 2020
Thema:

Logging on to laptop

1. Logging on to laptop - Similar Threads - Logging laptop

2. Bought a new laptop. Competed windows setup incorrectly. Can not log in to computer at this...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bought a new laptop. Competed windows setup incorrectly. Can not log in to computer at this...: Bought a new laptop. Competed windows setup incorrectly. Can not log in to computer at this time. Computer is unusable at this time due to not being able to log in. Looking to start fresh and try again with support....
  3. Bought a new laptop. Competed windows setup incorrectly. Can not log in to computer at this...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bought a new laptop. Competed windows setup incorrectly. Can not log in to computer at this...: Bought a new laptop. Competed windows setup incorrectly. Can not log in to computer at this time. Computer is unusable at this time due to not being able to log in. Looking to start fresh and try again with support....
  4. Pls after changing my Microsoft account password on my phone will it log me out of my laptop

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Pls after changing my Microsoft account password on my phone will it log me out of my laptop: Pls after changing my Microsoft account password on my phone will it log me out of my laptop ***Move from Microsoft 365 and Office / Excel / For education / Windows***...
  5. i can only log into one user account on my windows 11 laptop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i can only log into one user account on my windows 11 laptop.: in account settings i can see the log in but cannot switch and cannot log in after restart. i have tried msconfig, ive tried using safemode and system restore to no avail....
  6. i can only log into one user account on my windows 11 laptop.

i can only log into one user account on my windows 11 laptop.: in account settings i can see the log in but cannot switch and cannot log in after restart. i have tried msconfig, ive tried using safemode and system restore to no avail....
  7. Lots of weir stuff going on behind the scenes on my laptop. Logs with Virtual managing,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lots of weir stuff going on behind the scenes on my laptop. Logs with Virtual managing,...: I will be short. I want you to help to figure out whats going on on my laptop. I thinks one of my neighbours have hacked into my system. Can you help me find a keylogger installed? There are so much stuff going on hidden. WEIRD things. And some are straight proof someone is...
  8. Lots of weir stuff going on behind the scenes on my laptop. Logs with Virtual managing,...

Lots of weir stuff going on behind the scenes on my laptop. Logs with Virtual managing,...: I will be short. I want you to help to figure out whats going on on my laptop. I thinks one of my neighbours have hacked into my system. Can you help me find a keylogger installed? There are so much stuff going on hidden. WEIRD things. And some are straight proof someone is...
  9. Can't log in to old laptop, forgot password

Can't log in to old laptop, forgot password: I have a laptop that I forgot my password to login. I can't reset windows because it requires the same lost password perform the action. I have everything backed up so deleting everything isn't an issue....
  10. I am trying to log in to my laptop and it gives me this message "Something happened and...

I am trying to log in to my laptop and it gives me this message "Something happened and...: When my laptop comes on, the sign in screen appears. It gives me the following message: "Something happened and your PIN isn't available. Click to set up your PIN again." I click on " Set up my PIN" and nothing happens. Please help!!...