Windows 10: Logging on to local Windows 10 machine after remote desktop session

Discus and support Logging on to local Windows 10 machine after remote desktop session in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hello, I have a rather strange issue. I have a windows 10 Pro machine where I have remote desktop enabled. I have been connecting to this machine from... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by junk322, Mar 29, 2020.

1. junk322 Win User

Logging on to local Windows 10 machine after remote desktop session

Hello,
    I have a rather strange issue. I have a windows 10 Pro machine where I have remote desktop enabled. I have been connecting to this machine from my other computers on the same network without any issues. I can also log into the computer locally as long as my remote desktop session is not active.

As of last night, I cannot log in locally at all, but can continue to log in using remote desktop. I have tried everything that I could possibly do including safe boot and then Normal boot without any success.

Windows Version 1903 (OS Build 18362.719)

Thank you.

:)

junk322, Mar 29, 2020
  2. junk322 Win User

Hello,
    I have a rather strange issue. I have a windows 10 Pro machine where I have remote desktop enabled. I have been connecting to this machine from my other computers on the same network without any issues. I can also log into the computer locally as long as my remote desktop session is not active.

As of last night, I cannot log in locally at all, but can continue to log in using remote desktop. I have tried everything that I could possibly do including safe boot and then Normal boot without any success.

Windows Version 1903 (OS Build 18362.719)

Thank you.

junk322, Mar 29, 2020
  3. NavyLCDR Win User
    Logging in locally after remote desktop session is very slow on 1803

I suspect you are not actually logging out of your remote session. Then when you try to login locally, Windows must first log you out of and shut down the remote session. When you end the remote session, right click on the remote computer's start icon, then you will get a "Shut down or sign out" option instead of the standard power button. Click on sign out. That will actually log you out of the remote session as well as close the remote session once you are logged out of it.

Logging on to local Windows 10 machine after remote desktop session [​IMG]

NavyLCDR, Mar 29, 2020
  4. Logging on to local Windows 10 machine after remote desktop session

Remote Desktop

Okay guys need some help here before going crazy...
    I am trying to setup a remote desktop connection and see exactly what the logged on user is looking at with out going through Windows Remote Desktop.

Since its local network I don't have any password or want to setup a password.

Any suggestions are appreciated

kikicoco1334, Mar 29, 2020
Thema:

1. Logging on to local Windows 10 machine after remote desktop session - Similar Threads - Logging local machine

2. Remote desktop session disconnections

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote desktop session disconnections: Hello to all.I have a problem with one of users of my RDS server.Client is Windows 10, server is Windows Server 2016Client works via openvpn connection At start of a work, he has multiple cases of remote desktop session disconnections mostly at first 1-2 hour of working,...
  3. Remote desktop session disconnections

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Remote desktop session disconnections: Hello to all.I have a problem with one of users of my RDS server.Client is Windows 10, server is Windows Server 2016Client works via openvpn connection At start of a work, he has multiple cases of remote desktop session disconnections mostly at first 1-2 hour of working,...
  4. Remote desktop session disconnections

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Windows Pro License for Local machine, if already installed on Remote Desktop

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Pro License for Local machine, if already installed on Remote Desktop: Hi, Sorry if this has been answered somewhere before, but I can't find the information I need. My company uses Citrix Remote Desktop for all employee's, for each user we own a Pro License for Windows and have a business 365 account for Microsoft Office, for use in...
  6. Remote Desktop without loging off after Session

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote Desktop without loging off after Session: Hi, I would like to know if it is possible to do login on a remote computer using remote desktop but I want the session to stay on doing automatic tasks and not go to logon screen even if I close the remote desktop conection on the client side is that possible? 131171
  7. Logging in locally after remote desktop session is very slow on 1803

in Windows 10 Support
    Logging in locally after remote desktop session is very slow on 1803: Since v1803, whenever I try to log in locally after a remote desktop session, my screen changes to blue for up to 5 minutes before I can see the desktop. This is on a custom built desktop with a ryzen 7 cpu. I did a clean install of v1803 to see if that would fix the issue,...
  8. Disable login screen after remote desktop session

Disable login screen after remote desktop session: Hello! I want to know if it possible to disable the annoying login screen in the computer after remote desktop session. I have netplwiz with automatically logins after boot and I know the trick tscon.exe 0 /dest:console and it works, but I use remote desktop to connect...
  9. Windows 10 remote desktop session

Windows 10 remote desktop session: I'm trying to connect to my work computer using remote desktop. I have physical access to both. I am getting the following error: your computer could not connect to another console session on the remote computer because you already have a console session in progress. I...
  10. RDP: 10 Local Machine - XP Remote Machine Problem

in Windows 10 Support
    RDP: 10 Local Machine - XP Remote Machine Problem: I can copy and paste only text and screenshots. 78047