Windows 10: Logging out ! Not closing programs or windows open

Discus and support Logging out ! Not closing programs or windows open in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I notice in windows 10 i f you have say you email open and maybe a program and browser window open and then you LOG OFF or restart, and then log back... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/mathewimprovedtt, Jan 31, 2020.

1. Logging out ! Not closing programs or windows open

I notice in windows 10 i f you have say you email open and maybe a program and browser window open and then you LOG OFF or restart, and then log back in your programs or widows you left open are still there . How can I make them all close down? Restarting does not do that anymore like in windows 7.

submitted by /u/mathewimprovedtt
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/mathewimprovedtt, Jan 31, 2020

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Jan 31, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 31, 2020
  4. Logging out ! Not closing programs or windows open

Laptop will not close down

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Community.

Before we proceed, I would like you to provide the information stated below:

1. What troubleshooting steps have you perform to fix the issue?

2. Does the issue occur when you open any program or pertains to a specific program?

I would suggest that you perform the methods mentioned below and check if the issue persist:

Method 1: Power troubleshooter.

• On the search bar type “Troubleshooting”
      • Click on “View All” left panel.
      • Click Power, new window will popup the follow the on screen instruction.
    Method 2: Safe Mode.

Log into safe mode open the programs, try to shut down your system and check if the issue persist. To do so follow the steps below:

• Open Run Command (Windows button +R)
    • A dialog box will open type “msconfig”
    • Locate and select the Boot tab and select Safe with Minimal as option.
    • Restart Computer
    Note: Follow the same procedure to undo Safe Mode, uncheck the Safe option and restart your system.

Hope this information helps.

Vanessa Sohtun, Jan 31, 2020
Thema:

Logging out ! Not closing programs or windows open

1. Logging out ! Not closing programs or windows open - Similar Threads - Logging closing programs

2. programs will not open or close

in Windows 10 Gaming
    programs will not open or close: I cannot open or close some programs. Outlook is stuck on screen. Can only 'close' by opening Word or some other. Opening using Desktop Outlook does not work....
  3. programs will not open or close

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    programs will not open or close: I cannot open or close some programs. Outlook is stuck on screen. Can only 'close' by opening Word or some other. Opening using Desktop Outlook does not work....
  4. Program Opening and Closing Immediately

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Program Opening and Closing Immediately: Over the last week, I have the above window open and close immediately every ten minutes on the dot, usually before I can see what the window says. Only reason I was able to get the above screen shot was that I just happened to turned my PC on at one of the 10 minute...
  5. Preventing close-out of open programs when I close the laptop lid

in Windows 10 Customization
    Preventing close-out of open programs when I close the laptop lid: What is causing programs to shut down completely when I close the lid? I have to re-launch, sign in, and usually recover docs that were open at the time of closure, etc. even if all I've done is go from one room to the next. I've checked the power & sleep settings ... this...
  6. Logging out ! Not closing programs or windows open

in Windows 10 Support
    Logging out ! Not closing programs or windows open: I notice in windows 10 i f you have say you email open and maybe a program and browser window open and then you LOG OFF or restart, and then log back in your programs or widows you left open are still there . How can I make them all close down? Restarting does not do that...
  7. Comptuer Closing open programs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Comptuer Closing open programs: My windows 10 computer is constantly closing my open programs without warning. I could be in the middle of typing something and the program just randomly closes. It usually closes them when the programs get anywhere close to slow. This problem also happened on my laptop that...
  8. Windows 10 randomly logs out user, force closes all programs

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 randomly logs out user, force closes all programs: I have the following issue since some weeks. Windows 10 randomly logs me out, when I am idling for a few minutes. I just noticed this the other day, wanting to play Blizzards Overwatch with some friends, being in the queue. Waiting for the game to start, and then Windows 10...
  9. Programs close out of nowhere

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Programs close out of nowhere: So, I've had my AV "Webroot SecureAnywhere" for a while, but just a few motnhs ago back in March, some error starting happening that caused false positives to close out of nowhere, as if you pressed alt + f4. The programs just close themselves... Even when my AV is fully...
  10. Defender closes open programs

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Defender closes open programs: Running windows defender when leaving computer. When return the next day, chrome and outlook have been closed, and computer is back to login screen. Because not looking at computer untill following day, not sure if it is closing the programs at beginning, middle, or end...