Windows 10: Logging out options

Discus and support Logging out options in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Is it possible to add a log out button as the prominent control on the start menu? In addition, is it possible to activate automatic log out, if... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by ineuw, Jun 13, 2021.

1. ineuw Win User

Logging out options

Is it possible to add a log out button as the prominent control on the start menu? In addition, is it possible to activate automatic log out, if inactive for 5-7 minutes? I work with the elderly, and the location is a social hall. Frustrated users often walk away, rather than navigate to the Quick access menu (indicated with tiny print). Is there a log out option available on the start button. Is it possible to add it? Also want to implement automatic log out after 5 minutes of inactivity. This, is in case they forget to log out of their various activities.

:)

ineuw, Jun 13, 2021
  2. Sasqui Win User

Radeon Overlay not displaying all options

Ok, I got a question. The options to hide the overlay are confusing. What are the steps to turn on the overlay in-game? Not interested in logging much at the moment. Is Alt-R part of turning it on/off?

Sasqui, Jun 13, 2021
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jun 13, 2021
  4. Jelo Sen Win User

Logging out options

Windows 10 freezing at log in

Hello Frank,

A failed update or one-time startup process can sometimes cause stopping, freezing, or reboot-loop issues during the login process. To isolate the issue, we suggest that you answer the following questions:

• Do you have a USB device attached? If yes, can you remove the device and log in again.
    • Have you tried turning off the WiFi feature in your laptop before logging in?
    • How about running a Startup Repair in your Windows 10 laptop? (Boot to Advanced Startup Options>Click on Troubleshoot> Click on Advanced options> Click on Startup Repair)
    • Aside from the above steps, what other troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Looking forward to your response.

Jelo Sen, Jun 13, 2021
Thema:

Logging out options

1. Logging out options - Similar Threads - Logging options

2. Forgot PIN with No Other Log-In Options

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forgot PIN with No Other Log-In Options: I am attempting to log-in to my PC. However, I forgot the PIN. I entered too many incorrect PINs, and now, to attempt to enter a PIN again, I have to enter the A1B2C3 challenge phrase. Once I do that, the PC presents me with the blank PIN field, and nothing else. I do not...
  3. Forgot PIN with No Other Log-In Options

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Forgot PIN with No Other Log-In Options: I am attempting to log-in to my PC. However, I forgot the PIN. I entered too many incorrect PINs, and now, to attempt to enter a PIN again, I have to enter the A1B2C3 challenge phrase. Once I do that, the PC presents me with the blank PIN field, and nothing else. I do not...
  4. Can't Log into account from System Restore. Kinda limited with other options

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't Log into account from System Restore. Kinda limited with other options: Hi, I am currently losing my mind :Product: Windows 10 don't know version but should be close to most up-to-date oneComputer: ASUS TUF Dash F15Alright, from the beginning.01/08/2024 ~11-12 pmStarted laptop starts fine > plug-in wireless mouse and it doesn't work.Try to figure...
  5. Can Log into account from System Restore. Kinda limited with other options

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can Log into account from System Restore. Kinda limited with other options: Hi, I am currently losing my mind :Product: Windows 10 don't know version but should be close to most up-to-date oneComputer: ASUS TUF Dash F15Alright, from the beginning.01/08/2024 ~11-12 pmStarted laptop starts fine > plug-in wireless mouse and it doesn't work.Try to figure...
  6. Can Log into account from System Restore. Kinda limited with other options

Can Log into account from System Restore. Kinda limited with other options: Hi, I am currently losing my mind :Product: Windows 10 don't know version but should be close to most up-to-date oneComputer: ASUS TUF Dash F15Alright, from the beginning.01/08/2024 ~11-12 pmStarted laptop starts fine > plug-in wireless mouse and it doesn't work.Try to figure...
  7. Can Log into account from System Restore. Kinda limited with other options

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. How to clear the 'optional features history' log?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to clear the 'optional features history' log?: Windows 11 home 23h2 , asus Vivobook 15 X1502za , i3-1215u , intel uhd graphics https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-clear-the-optional-features-history-log/d961c898-7092-4e11-bcba-1bd9208e1c6c
  9. How to clear the 'optional features history' log?

How to clear the 'optional features history' log?: Windows 11 home 23h2 , asus Vivobook 15 X1502za , i3-1215u , intel uhd graphics https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-clear-the-optional-features-history-log/d961c898-7092-4e11-bcba-1bd9208e1c6c
  10. Unable to log into pc, no reset pc option.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Unable to log into pc, no reset pc option.: Hi everyone,About a week ago I attempted to log on to my PC like normal using my pin but was met with a message saying ' your credentials could not be verified'. After pressing ok I am then told the error code status: 0x80090011, substatus0x0. There is an option below to...