Windows 10: Logging suspended or hibernated mode

Discus and support Logging suspended or hibernated mode in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Is there a way, on the Event Viewer , to see when a PC has entered automatically or manually Suspended Mode or Hibernated Mode ? and when it has come... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by leo68, Dec 8, 2022.

1. leo68 Win User

Logging suspended or hibernated mode

Is there a way, on the Event Viewer , to see when a PC has entered automatically or manually Suspended Mode or Hibernated Mode ? and when it has come out of it ?Is there a way to check these events on the Event Viewer or another kind of log ?

:)

leo68, Dec 8, 2022

2. intermittent issue when coming out of suspend or hibernate

There are times when bringing laptop out of suspend or hibernate the display has what looks like 16 bit video. I have to log out or restart the laptop to get it back to proper display. This occurs randomly, time in suspend or hibernate does not seem to be an issue. This is Windows 10 Pro 64 bit. Device Manage shows all drivers are up to date and best used.

Any suggestions?

Windowsfree, Dec 8, 2022
  3. andele Win User
    Set Core/Mem Settings after return from suspend mode

Hello,

thanks for this great Tool. There is one more suggestion:

If the system returns from suspend mode, the Core/Mem settings are not set by the AtiTool. So you have to set the frequencies manually every time. It would be great to have an option like for the system reboot, that AtiTool sets the frequencies to a given value.

An alternative would be if the frequencies could be set by command line parameters, so I could launch AtiTool after return from suspend automatically.

To react after return from suspend you could implement a handler for the WM_POWERBROADCAST message and test wparam for PBT_APMRESUMESUSPEND.

Thanks

André

andele, Dec 8, 2022
  4. Logging suspended or hibernated mode

Hibernate mode

I have my laptop set to hibernate mode when I close the lid. It worked fine with Windows 8 but since the upgrade to Windows 10 the laptop has no power after closing the lid and opening it hours later. In settings, it does show that it is suppose to go
    into hibernate mode when lid is closed.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Mogulman1(2), Dec 8, 2022
Thema:

Logging suspended or hibernated mode

1. Logging suspended or hibernated mode - Similar Threads - Logging suspended hibernated

2. Logging suspended or hibernated mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Logging suspended or hibernated mode: Is there a way, on the Event Viewer , to see when a PC has entered automatically or manually Suspended Mode or Hibernated Mode ? and when it has come out of it ?Is there a way to check these events on the Event Viewer or another kind of log ?...
  3. Logging suspended or hibernated mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Logging suspended or hibernated mode: Is there a way, on the Event Viewer , to see when a PC has entered automatically or manually Suspended Mode or Hibernated Mode ? and when it has come out of it ?Is there a way to check these events on the Event Viewer or another kind of log ?...
  4. Laptop not entering suspend mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop not entering suspend mode: Hello, I have a new Dell Latitude 5401 laptop with an i7 processor running Windows 10. I've found that using its suspend mode does not work properly when the power adaptor is plugged in - it seems to stay hot with the fan running for at least many minutes on a large fraction...
  5. Can't make windows to hibernate or suspend

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Can't make windows to hibernate or suspend: Since I've updated to Windows 10 Clean install , I cant make it hibernate or suspend. When I try to suspend, it turns on, lights goes up, but screen and keyboard/mouse dont respond. Gotta restart manually, and here happens something strange, that is after this restart,...
  6. no hibernate mode

in Windows 10 Support
    no hibernate mode: Hello, For some weeks now, my PC (version 1809) will not sleep on it's own and if I set it to sleep, I find it awake later. If I leave for work or go to bed I have been shutting down just to ease my mind about what is happening. Why won't my PC sleep any more? Thanks! 149424
  7. Configure suspend mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Configure suspend mode: How could I configure my Windows 10 PC so that it is not placed in suspension mode more and more since it is annoying that it is doing anything in it and going to suspend mode without prior notice. Please help me....
  8. problem suspend and hibernate

in Windows 10 Support
    problem suspend and hibernate: Hello everyone, I have problems with my pc with windows 10 is a few months that do not go suspend and hibernate. They operate at random, sometimes it works the suspension, other times hibernation, others neither. Hybrid sleep does not work! I have updated the driver of...
  9. Windows 10 suspended mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 suspended mode: Hi, i just upgrade my laptop to Windows 10 and i am having probem with the switch off and suspend. When i close the cover the Windows should suspend and when i open it turn the computer on but waht happen is i close the cover and the computer won´t fully suspend i can still...
  10. Hibernate mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Hibernate mode: Hi all , how can I control the PC go to hibernate mode in 3 hours rather than sleep mode ? Thx 47288