Windows 10: Logging with Password

Discus and support Logging with Password in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hello there, I write for my wife ( Dell laptop and OS W 10 ) We cannot enter her password, there is no curser, just the arrow. Regards, Thomas... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Niemo02Dell, Jan 4, 2017.

1. Logging with Password

Hello there,
    I write for my wife ( Dell laptop and OS W 10 )
    We cannot enter her password, there is no curser, just the arrow.
    Regards, Thomas

:)

Niemo02Dell, Jan 4, 2017
  2. TMToki Win User

Log on password

• How do I get rid of the password feature so that I can just switch my computer and not need to log on all the time?
    • How do I go about getting rid of the back up phone number feature?

TMToki, Jan 4, 2017
  3. 'Mike P Win User
    password log-in

If you login now with a non Microsoft account, ie. a local account - just change the password and leave the new password box empty. Settings / Accounts / Sign in options.

If you login with a Microsoft account you might consider changing it to a local account or you can use the NetPLwiz program to not require password. Ask Cortana for NetPLwiz. Is self explanatory, read carefully though. Keep in mind at least one account
    must always have administrative rights at all times.

'Mike P, Jan 4, 2017
  4. Logging with Password

Hi might be a stupid Question but have you tried clicking the lock screen and seeing if another one appears
    Because sometimes the lock screen needs a nudge

hTconeM9user, Jan 5, 2017
  5. Thanks, hTconeM9User for your effort. To the happy end it was much simpler. My local PC guy worked it out on the laptop. It was on sleep and had to be shut down completely, pressing the on/off button for > 5 seconds. I should have known, but I am so uset to W7 PC, that my wife's W10 Laptop has still some mysteries in store.

Glad to have support though. Best regards, Thomas

Niemo02Dell, Jan 5, 2017
  6. Hi no worries as long as all sorted, and 10 does hold a lot of mysteries and lots more still to come
    Yes someone always here ready to try and help
    Happy computering

hTconeM9user, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Logging with Password

1. Logging with Password - Similar Threads - Logging Password

2. I didn't change my password but i can't log in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I didn't change my password but i can't log in: I can't log in to my mail and forgot my security passwords. I created that mail a long time ago so naturally i can't remember any kind of information. I tried to save it by sending a mail to my other accounts but it automatically puts me into a security password page. Since i...
  3. I didn't change my password but i can't log in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I didn't change my password but i can't log in: I can't log in to my mail and forgot my security passwords. I created that mail a long time ago so naturally i can't remember any kind of information. I tried to save it by sending a mail to my other accounts but it automatically puts me into a security password page. Since i...
  4. I didn't change my password but i can't log in

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Pls after changing my Microsoft account password on my phone will it log me out of my laptop

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Pls after changing my Microsoft account password on my phone will it log me out of my laptop: Pls after changing my Microsoft account password on my phone will it log me out of my laptop ***Move from Microsoft 365 and Office / Excel / For education / Windows***...
  6. Can't log in to old laptop, forgot password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't log in to old laptop, forgot password: I have a laptop that I forgot my password to login. I can't reset windows because it requires the same lost password perform the action. I have everything backed up so deleting everything isn't an issue....
  7. How to log in to computer when the correct password doesn't work? Support experience awful,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to log in to computer when the correct password doesn't work? Support experience awful,...: I purchased a brand new Dell Latitude 3540 and set it up today. Everything was working smoothly and I had set it up using the Microsoft 365 account that I had created - I was not asked to set up a separate password. The laptop then goes into standby whilst my desk is...
  8. How to log in to computer when the correct password doesn't work? Support experience awful,...

How to log in to computer when the correct password doesn't work? Support experience awful,...: I purchased a brand new Dell Latitude 3540 and set it up today. Everything was working smoothly and I had set it up using the Microsoft 365 account that I had created - I was not asked to set up a separate password. The laptop then goes into standby whilst my desk is...
  9. User password must be changed before logging in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User password must be changed before logging in: Hi just bought a laptop couple of days ago, and as I remember I didnt set up a password for signing in on windows, this is a windows 11 btw, after few days of using it, on playing games, I installed MS teams, then use it for a couple of hours and then lalptop restarted,...
  10. User password must be changed before logging in

User password must be changed before logging in: Hi just bought a laptop couple of days ago, and as I remember I didnt set up a password for signing in on windows, this is a windows 11 btw, after few days of using it, on playing games, I installed MS teams, then use it for a couple of hours and then lalptop restarted,...