Windows 10: Logical Drive E: Available but doesn't show in File Explorer

Discus and support Logical Drive E: Available but doesn't show in File Explorer in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; When I plug a USB stick into my computer, it is assigned logical drive e:. It does NOT show in File Explorer, but it IS accessible in explorer if I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Canprof, Jul 3, 2019.

1. Canprof Win User

Logical Drive E: Available but doesn't show in File Explorer

When I plug a USB stick into my computer, it is assigned logical drive e:. It does NOT show in File Explorer, but it IS accessible in explorer if I manually direct explorer to go to drive e:. It DOES show in Disk Management. Any subsequent USB stick plugged in gets a different drive letter (F, G, etc) and works fine.

This is NOT a hardware problem; it is NOT a driver problem. All files are available and accessible by either manually going to drive e: or by assigning a different drive letter.

I believe I caused this problem some time ago when the system asked me a question when I plugged a USB stick in and I mistakenly told it to ignore it. But I can't remember what the setting was or where to set it back.

Autorun IS enabled and set to view files in folder. Works fine on any drive except e:.

Does anyone know where I can set this back? I have a snippet of Disk Management with two USB sticks plugged in. Both show as healthy; only drive F: shows in Explorer (unless I manually tell Explorer to go to drive ELogical Drive E: Available but doesn't show in File Explorer :).

:)

Canprof, Jul 3, 2019

2. Logical drive E:\ is available, but not visible in Windows 10-1703 Explorer

Logical drive E:\ is available, but not visible in Windows 10-1703 Explorer.

How do I fix it?

ValMarkPro, Jul 3, 2019
  3. File Explorer show 2 drive location for sandisk drive

I have the HD and it is labeled c:

I have a scandsk removable card labeled e:

under disc manager they show up as just that c: and e: It is in the file explorer that there is an issue. What makes it more than an eye sore, the act as different drives. the one listed like the c: drive has one set of information and the other that
    is listed under surface(computer) e: has different data. This comes from my saving files and not knowing there were 2 different e: drives available.

kristiheckman, Jul 3, 2019
  4. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Logical Drive E: Available but doesn't show in File Explorer [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Jul 3, 2019
Thema:

1. Logical Drive E: Available but doesn't show in File Explorer - Similar Threads - Logical Drive Available

2. Drive E:\ Location is not available

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Drive E:\ Location is not available: My whole documents folder has been rendered inaccessible. I was trying to move some folders from my phone to my laptop when my phone got disconnected halfway through the transfer. After I phone is securely reconnected, I get this error when trying to access documents. I'm not...
  3. Drive E:\ Location is not available

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drive E:\ Location is not available: My whole documents folder has been rendered inaccessible. I was trying to move some folders from my phone to my laptop when my phone got disconnected halfway through the transfer. After I phone is securely reconnected, I get this error when trying to access documents. I'm not...
  4. Drive E:\ Location is not available

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. File Explorer not showing drives

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    File Explorer not showing drives: Hi all. A weird one I've never seen before. One of my customers has a plain desktop with current Windows 10. When he opens "File Explorer", NO drives show beneath the "Devices and drives. Not C:\ hard drive, DVD/CD drive, or an additional external drive (F:\) that's connected...
  6. External D Drive doesn't show up on file explorer.

External D Drive doesn't show up on file explorer.: I got the 'USB Device Not Recognized' message last week while trying to plug in my external drive, it doesn't show up in file explorer, none of the files have been deleted and as far as I know it is recoverable. Can someone help with this one? Mine is 10586.122 and version...
  7. File explorer shows no space available on my C drive

File explorer shows no space available on my C drive: All of a sudden I have no space available on my Radeon out of 223 GB. I am running Win 10 Home, version 10.0.19041 build 19041 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-shows-no-space-available-on-my-c/7cc10d26-7cd2-40fa-b4e0-267f1d8d9a91
  8. External hard drive doesn't show up in File Explorer

External hard drive doesn't show up in File Explorer: I have an external hard drive that doesn't show up in File Explorer. It does show up in the settings area under Bluetooth and Other Devices. I've been reading online how to resolve this and have seen that possibly a drive letter is not assigned so have tried to go to Disk...
  9. File explorer not showing a drive.

File explorer not showing a drive.: Why does file explorer not show a thumb drive? It appears in Device Manager with an assigned drive letter. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-not-showing-a-drive/5ffda71c-faac-498d-bc10-cc812a24ccd7"
  10. Hard Drive doesn't show up in file explorer

Hard Drive doesn't show up in file explorer: [ATTACH]My 1 TB hard drive doesn't show up in the file explorer despite me being able to see it in device manager and the defragmenter software in windows 10. I don't want to format my hard drive because it has alot of my personal files and i don't have another computer to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. logical drive explorer