Windows 10: Logical processor view only showing nodes

Discus and support Logical processor view only showing nodes in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I recently upgraded my workstation processors from 2x e5-2695v3 to e5-2695v4. After the hardware swap my task manager CPU view is not showing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Djohnson186, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Logical processor view only showing nodes

Hello,

I recently upgraded my workstation processors from 2x e5-2695v3 to e5-2695v4. After the hardware swap my task manager CPU view is not showing all 72 threads. Its important to note when the machine had 54 threads it would show individual cores on a graph. Now, all I get is nodes with this bizarre symbol

Logical processor view only showing nodes [​IMG]

I would like to get this view back to showing individual graphs as I've seen for years. Any help is greatly appreciated!

-Thanks

:)

Djohnson186, Jan 20, 2021

2. Not able to view files in Logical Drive

Hi Binoj,

The issue you're experiencing with your logical drive might be due to a variety of reasons.

Since you've mentioned that your PC just had an update for Windows 10, are your drivers up-to-date too? If not, you can follow the steps found on this
    link on how to update your drivers in Windows 10.

We can run the Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter which can find and repair problems with your devices and hardware.

• Right-click the Start icon, then select Control Panel.
    • Choose the Large icons option from the View by
      drop down list found on the upper-right part of the Control Panel window.
    • Locate then select Troubleshooting.
    • Click View all from the left pane.
    • Locate and click Hardware and Devices to run the troubleshooter then follow the next steps.

Let us know the result.

Regards.

Michelle Her, Jan 20, 2021
  3. OverlanAI Win User
    Intermittent LAN nodes. Other computers dont always show up

WIN 10 pro current release and insider's builds.

When i restart the assorted computers with in my LAN (all win10 pro) i will some times just see a few show up in the network list of devices.

Other times i may reboot and all will show up.

Between all of the nodes and reboots, little changes as there used as part of my IDE setup and testing.

This is quite annoying for us because each node on the lan has special role with in the IDE and development testing.

If one node is not reachable (and should be) then we have a mess trying to get each node back in the lan.

This also includes Network lan devices not just seperate computer nodes like NAS or DLNA equipment.

Its a crapshoot each time you restart or reboot any of them.

Other times we may see just a few nodes show up correctly sometimes all do.

Some nodes may just see some of the others and at the same time another node may see all the other nodes and shares.

They All have fixed lan IP's and reserved via router for forwarding as well as share the same DNS lookups for IP4 and IP6.

Each node runs almost exactly the same setup and are synced and kept up todate.

Oddly portfwd from the internet still gets thru evan though the node may not show up on the network list.

An example of this would be where an app is facing the internet on one node and another node on the lan handles Mysql for all of the other nodes but dosent face the internet. The routing to each works ok anyway but they may not show up in the LAN network
    list. Remote desktop access my also not work yet the nodes are still active and working with each other via node IP and port numbers.

For us we need the backend nodes to be consistant and avail at all time other than maint or updates.

tnx for feeling the pain with us lol.

***Subject edited for clarity by the moderator.***

OverlanAI, Jan 20, 2021
  4. Cherry Win User

Logical processor view only showing nodes

How fix driver error for ryzen processors (code 32)?

A thread contains solving the problem by windows repairment but I have different and easier solution - Method 2: Reinstall the processor driver:

So all processors core have right driver

Cherry, Jan 20, 2021
Thema:

Logical processor view only showing nodes

1. Logical processor view only showing nodes - Similar Threads - Logical processor view

2. Task Manager is only showing only half of my cores and logical processors.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task Manager is only showing only half of my cores and logical processors.: i switched cpu quite a while back and recently noticed bad performance and ive changed nothing in the bios and turns out im olny using 3 cores and 6 threads on a ryzen 5 5600x when it should be using 6 cores 12 threads...
  3. Task Manager is only showing only half of my cores and logical processors.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Manager is only showing only half of my cores and logical processors.: i switched cpu quite a while back and recently noticed bad performance and ive changed nothing in the bios and turns out im olny using 3 cores and 6 threads on a ryzen 5 5600x when it should be using 6 cores 12 threads...
  4. Task Manager is only showing only half of my cores and logical processors.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Task Manager is only showing only half of my cores and logical processors.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Manager is only showing only half of my cores and logical processors.: HiI just upgraded my CPU from an Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 to an Intel Core 2 Quad Q9505.It has 4 cores and 4 threads, but task manager only shows half of those.It says 2 cores instead of 4 and 2 logical processors instead of 4.I need help on how to fix this....
  6. Task Manager is only showing only half of my cores and logical processors.

Task Manager is only showing only half of my cores and logical processors.: HiI just upgraded my CPU from an Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 to an Intel Core 2 Quad Q9505.It has 4 cores and 4 threads, but task manager only shows half of those.It says 2 cores instead of 4 and 2 logical processors instead of 4.I need help on how to fix this....
  7. Task Manager is only showing only half of my cores and logical processors.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. i9-10900 showing only half the logical processors cores are fine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i9-10900 showing only half the logical processors cores are fine: Hello, so I just decided to check how my cpu was doing in task manager and have only noticed that the my i9-10900 10 cores 20 thread cpuis only showing 10 cores and 10 logical processors, not 20 like it's supposed to be. I've tried the msconfig boot thing, but that is for...
  9. i9-10900 showing only half the logical processors cores are fine

i9-10900 showing only half the logical processors cores are fine: Hello, so I just decided to check how my cpu was doing in task manager and have only noticed that the my i9-10900 10 cores 20 thread cpuis only showing 10 cores and 10 logical processors, not 20 like it's supposed to be. I've tried the msconfig boot thing, but that is for...
  10. Task Manager is only showing only half of my cores and logical processors.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Task Manager is only showing only half of my cores and logical processors.: Hi, I just upgraded my CPU from an Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 to an Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400. It has 4 cores and 4 threads, but task manager only shows half of those. It says 2 cores instead of 4 and 2 logical processors instead of 4. I need help on how to fix this.I also checked...