Windows 10: Login Account Choices

Discus and support Login Account Choices in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; HI Group, I have 2 accounts. When I boot up, I get into one account or the other. What I want is to go directly to the screen where I have the choices... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by wildtroutguy, Apr 9, 2016.

1. Login Account Choices

HI Group, I have 2 accounts. When I boot up, I get into one account or the other. What I want is to go directly to the screen where I have the choices of which account I want to go into. As it is, I have to go into the account that comes up and then switch users to get to the account I want. I've poked around quite a bit trying to figure this out. I hope I'm being clear.
    Appreciate any help.

:)

wildtroutguy, Apr 9, 2016

2. After updating to Windows10, cant login to local user account

After updating to Windows 10, my old local user account does not appear as a choice on the login page any longer. The account still appears as an account in File Manager. I tried creating a new local user account with a different name to replace the
    old account that didn't work. The new local user account does appear on the login page as a choice, however after logging in to the new local user account the welcome screen appears, but then goes immediately to signing out. I would like to be able to sign
    in to a local user account.

EdwardFatula, Apr 9, 2016
  3. mail not working on windows 10

No, there is 2 choices, checked and unchecked.

But I see that you have the "Fix account" banner already up.

Supply your current password, not a new one (as the account login window appears to suggest).

BeefRWijker, Apr 9, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

Login Account Choices

This Tutorial, Option One, is to go automatically to an account without password.
    Use this tutorial BUT do the exact OPPOSITE. In other word, you are requiring password to login.
    That way, when you boot up, the system will wait for you to choose which account you want.

*** Make sure you repeat the same procedures on BOTH accounts ***

davidhk, Apr 9, 2016
  5. Thanks for your reply. Sorry, I forgot to mention I dont use passwords or any other login ID. What I want is exactly the way it works in windows 7. If you have 5 accounts, when you boot up, you arrive at the blue screen where you see 5 icons, one for each account. Click on yours and you're in. NO passwords, if you choose.

wildtroutguy, Apr 10, 2016
  6. davidhk Win User
    I could be wrong.
    As far as I understand it, if no password is required for any user account, then upon restart, computer will go straight to the account LAST used before shut down.
    That's how it works in Windows 10.

Is that how it happens to you ?

davidhk, Apr 10, 2016
  7. Yes, it is. What windows 10 needs more than anything else is a check-box that says "let me do anything I choose, I'll accept the consequences." I can't count the ways in which microsoft has made things more difficult. I just found that I cant network with my other computers unless they use a user login password, is that right? *Mad

wildtroutguy, Apr 10, 2016
  8. davidhk Win User

Login Account Choices

Sorry. I can't answer the Networking question. I have no experience on that and therefore I'm Not qualified.

I understanding is : yes, you are right, but don't hold me for that.

davidhk, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Login Account Choices

1. Login Account Choices - Similar Threads - Login Account Choices

2. PowerShell choice menu wait for choice to finish

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    PowerShell choice menu wait for choice to finish: Hello, I am just getting started with PowerShell and need some advice please. I have a script that has a choice menu to install software. The Installations are started with batch files and ps1 files. If I only select 1 choice it works fine. However if I select 2 the choices...
  3. Disc choice

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disc choice: What is the best disc to use to record my LPNs ? in music folder, WAV format I have CD-R, CD-RW DVD-R, DVD-RW. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disc-choice/3e92e995-164a-4454-9270-ae22220986c5
  4. Password Choice

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Password Choice: Why does Microsoft not allow users to choose their own password? You change your password once with Microsoft and then you are stuck in the endless and merciless cycle of not remembering your new password and not being allowed to use your old password. Its one of the most...
  5. Antivirus choice

Antivirus choice: Hi i got very disappointed with Windows Defender, it kept deleting files, which I knew to be safe, so disabled everything about it I could find.then I began the search for a replacement. I can’t afford yearly subscriptions, so looked for free alternatives. I am unable to...
  6. Career choices

in Windows 10 Support
    Career choices: I am going to college in a few years and wanted to do pc repairs and/or open my own place. I had a question for you guys who own your own tech repair places/owned your own tech repair places: what education did you have if any? Any comments or info would be helpful. 150033
  7. Choices

in Windows 10 Customization
    Choices: Is anyone else tired of being told I can't do something can't disable quick access in file explorer can't remove Bing can't get Cortana do use Google can't use network sharing any more and the list goes on,] I'm sure you have a few things to add as well Why does it...
  8. Windows 10 HOME not show at login finger and PIN choice

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 10 HOME not show at login finger and PIN choice: Hello, Windows 10 Home (version 1803 - 17134.376) when logged in, ONLY appears of a typed password (not PIN and no fingerprint). NTB is the HP Probook G470. I try update WIN, drivers from HP, delete fingers and PIN, create new (fingerprint reader working with no problem). I...
  9. Windows 10 HOME not show at login finger and PIN choice

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 HOME not show at login finger and PIN choice: Hello, Windows 10 Home (version 1803 - 17134.376) when logged in, ONLY appears of a typed password (not PIN and no fingerprint). NTB is the HP Probook G470. I try update WIN, drivers from HP, delete fingers and PIN, create new (fingerprint reader working with no problem). I...
  10. ad choice

ad choice: How can I get rid of this? It takes up my screen and makes start up very slow Thank you! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ad-choice/38f9182a-6da7-4e55-a17d-07c497f9ee95"