Windows 10: Login account information in between Local, MS account and domain

Discus and support Login account information in between Local, MS account and domain in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi there,I have a windows 10 computer and the initial account is a local account.I signed in with my personal Microsoft accountshows in... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by yosakura, Aug 2, 2021.

1. yosakura Win User

Login account information in between Local, MS account and domain

Hi there,I have a windows 10 computer and the initial account is a local account.I signed in with my personal Microsoft accountshows in Settings->accounts and the computer account joined my company domain.Currently, my login is still the local profile and local password Windows 10 allow us to do so? or it is abnormal? How can I change to a different type of profileLocal, MS account and domain?. I want to change the password but it seems I can not change it. The only password I can change is my MS account from the website. Is that locked by the company domain admin? My company domain

:)

yosakura, Aug 2, 2021
  2. Provost Win User

Domain and Local account login

On our other domain joined laptop, (ones without a local account) the domain account remains ready to login to. Is that cached?

Provost, Aug 2, 2021
  3. Provost Win User
    Domain and Local account login

Hello,

I have an Azure joined laptop with my domain account. Also I have a local account on the laptop as well.

When I start the device, it logs into the local account first (no password on the local account so signs straight in). To get onto my domain account, I have to sign out of the local account, then go to Other User and sign into my domain account. Is there a way to have my domain account as 'default' and not log straight into my local account on startup?

Many thanks!
    Jon

Provost, Aug 2, 2021
  4. Login account information in between Local, MS account and domain

Local account installation question

I'm fairly certain that Skip this step was available in 10.0.130 - the workaround in Step 20 (back button) is no longer required.

The currently known, as of 10.0.130, ways to create a Local account sign-in are
    • Skip this step at the MS account creation phase
    • No Internet connection during the install
    • static IP (post# 2 by Fragment) - New (to me anyway)

Slartybart, Aug 2, 2021
Thema:

Login account information in between Local, MS account and domain

1. Login account information in between Local, MS account and domain - Similar Threads - Login account information

2. Halfway between Local Account and Microsoft Account?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Halfway between Local Account and Microsoft Account?: On one of my Windows 10 Pro laptops I sign in with Windows Hello and can choose to enter a pin, fingerprint scan or password. My account username is "Jamie" and my profile folder shares the same name. I do not sign in to Windows with my Microsoft account username and password...
  3. Can not change MS account to local account

in Windows 10 Support
    Can not change MS account to local account: I am running 2004 and I set up my laptop with a MS account, I dont like the fact that it shouts my full name everywhere but the setting does not appear anywhere to log in as a local account which it should and I have followed many guides to fix this and none of them did fix...
  4. Windows login refuses AD and local accounts, asks for MS Live account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows login refuses AD and local accounts, asks for MS Live account: Today, two of my machines have received Windows updates and rebooted. After rebooting, the login screen showed both my username as well as an inputbox for username and password, which struck me as odd (usually it's only password if the username is displayed). I tried to log...
  5. Using my local account login information to log into a Microsoft account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Using my local account login information to log into a Microsoft account: I have multiple windows 10 computers that were set up many years ago. When I originally set them up I used a local account instead of a Microsoft account. Somehow over time that account got linked to my Microsoft account and gives me the advantages of using additional...
  6. Where is login with local account ? Can't remove MS account from Windows.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Where is login with local account ? Can't remove MS account from Windows.: I want to remove ms account from my system since i never wanted it and somehow Win10 decided to use one when i used some MS store app. But i can't remove it from settings accounts since there is no "remove" and i can't create local account since there is no "sign in with...
  7. Local admin account vs domain admin account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Local admin account vs domain admin account: Can both local admin account and domain admin account make changes on the Windows 10 Pro PC? Like installing programs, uninstalling, making network changes etc. Does one account has more access than the other?...
  8. Domain and Local account login

Domain and Local account login: Hello, I have an Azure joined laptop with my domain account. Also I have a local account on the laptop as well. When I start the device, it logs into the local account first (no password on the local account so signs straight in). To get onto my domain account, I have...
  9. Domain to Local Account Issues

Domain to Local Account Issues: Hello, one and all! When I initially upgraded to 10 from 8.1 I created a local account and logged into my Microsoft Account. I just recently used the Windows Server Essentials 2012 Connector to get on the domain at work. After all of that completed successfully I went to...
  10. Local account changed to MS account, act as separate accounts at login

Local account changed to MS account, act as separate accounts at login: So I originally started with a local account but then signed into the store with a MS account. I changed the setting where users are required to enter a password through netplwiz (like this) and making a password not required after waking from sleep. But after doing this and...