Windows 10: Login always asks for bitlocker

Discus and support Login always asks for bitlocker in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Every time I turn on my computer I have to put the bitlocker key. After that, it always says my pin isn't set up when it is and forces me to log into... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Sanrez1, Apr 16, 2020.

1. Sanrez1 Win User

Login always asks for bitlocker

Every time I turn on my computer I have to put the bitlocker key. After that, it always says my pin isn't set up when it is and forces me to log into my Microsoft account, just so it can ask me "are you sure you want to set up a pin when you have one". This has happened the last 5+ times I've turned on my computer.

:)

Sanrez1, Apr 16, 2020
  2. pj04 Win User

Asking for Bitlocker recovery key on login

So I was playing with BIOS settings for reformatting my laptop and reinstalling Windows using bootable USB drive. I didn't succeed and I probably did something stupid. Now I'm not able to login into my laptop. It's asking me for bitlocker recovery key on both disabled and enabled settings of secure boot.

On "Enabled" setting, it says "Bitlocker needs your recovery key to unlock your drive because Secure Boot policy has unexpectedly changed."

Login always asks for bitlocker [​IMG]

On "Disabled" setting, it says "Bitlocker needs your recovery key to unlock your drive because Secure Boot has been disabled. Either Secure Boot must be re-enabled, or Bitlocker must be suspended for Windows to start normally."

I don't have a recovery key. I don't remember setting one. I even searched for it in my Microsoft account. My device (ASUS X205TA) is listed but the recovery key is not.

Note that I don't have any useful data in the laptop, so I'd be fine with reinstalling windows even if I loose all the data. I just want to be able to use my laptop again.

3. pj04 Win User
    Asking for Bitlocker recovery key on login

I was able to use USB mouse to continue with the Windows setup. But Bitlocker is still preventing me from installing Windows. Please see the following snapshot:

4. Ernie San Win User

Bitlocker

Hello Nandana,

To enable BitLocker on your computer, you follow the steps below:

• Sign in to your Windows account with an administrator access.
    • Press the Windows key.
    • Type and enter BitLocker.
    • Click Turn on BitLocker.
    • If the system is asking to sing in to administrator access, please do so.
    For additional information about BitLocker, we suggest that you check the frequently ask question on this
    link. The link provided applies to Windows 8.1 to higher version.

If you have other concerns, don't hesitate to reach us.

Ernie San, Apr 16, 2020
Thema:

1. Login always asks for bitlocker - Similar Threads - Login always asks

2. Asking for bitlocker

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Asking for bitlocker: The device is asking to decrypt my drive but I get an error Try another URL, We don't have anything to show you at this link, Try searching on what you want instead. How can I get the recovery key that it's asking me?...
  3. Asking for bitlocker

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Asking for bitlocker: The device is asking to decrypt my drive but I get an error Try another URL, We don't have anything to show you at this link, Try searching on what you want instead. How can I get the recovery key that it's asking me?...
  4. Asking for bitlocker

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Always asking pin for login.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Always asking pin for login.: I am required to do fingerprint and pin just to login. It was just previously just fingerprint and not having any trouble. I haven't done any changes, how to remove the pin?...
  6. Always asking pin for login.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Always asking pin for login.: I am required to do fingerprint and pin just to login. It was just previously just fingerprint and not having any trouble. I haven't done any changes, how to remove the pin?...
  7. PC always asks for login after update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC always asks for login after update: I have turned off every setting that even slightly linked to logging in on start up. It has never asked, but after the update it always asks to log in even though the setting are still turned off for logging. Any one know of way to turn this off? submitted by...
  8. Quick support - alway asks me to login

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Quick support - alway asks me to login: Everytime i start quick assist and start Give "assistance option", I am greeted with "Microsoft Sign in" message window..(although i selected remember me) and i have to neter my mail account .. On other PCs in my office, quick assistance doesn't ask for login details...
  9. Quick support - alway asks me to login

in Windows 10 Support
    Quick support - alway asks me to login: Everytime i start quick assist and start Give "assistance option", I am greeted with "Microsoft Sign in" message window..(although i selected remember me) and i have to neter my mail account .. On other PCs in my office, quick assistance doesn't ask for login details...
  10. Asking for Bitlocker recovery key on login

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Asking for Bitlocker recovery key on login: So I was playing with BIOS settings for reformatting my laptop and reinstalling Windows using bootable USB drive. I didn't succeed and I probably did something stupid. Now I'm not able to login into my laptop. It's asking me for bitlocker recovery key on both disabled and...