Windows 10: Login Authentication Method when lid is closed

Discus and support Login Authentication Method when lid is closed in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Are there any plans in the works to customize the default login method for when the lid is open vs. closed? When I am at my desk, the lid is typically... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Addohm, Nov 5, 2018.

1. Addohm Win User

Login Authentication Method when lid is closed

Are there any plans in the works to customize the default login method for when the lid is open vs. closed? When I am at my desk, the lid is typically closed, and when I first present myself to the laptop, it's trying to recognize my face... But obviously the camera is black because the lid is closed. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the face recognition of Microsoft - it's the best working out there. I just want to be able to use some other method of authentication when logging in and the lid is closed.

:)

Addohm, Nov 5, 2018

2. Win 10 - computer won't lock or sleep when lid is closed

Hi Shari,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Please follow the methods mentioned below:

Method 1: Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.

• Select on Control Panel.

• Click on Power Options. On the left, click on "Choose what closing the lid does". Click on the drop down menu for "When I close the lid" and choose "Sleep" or "Hibernate.

Method 2: I suggest you to run in-built Power troubleshooter and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting on the left pane, click on
      View All.
    • Click on Power to run the troubleshooter.

Method 3: If the above method doesn’t help, I would suggest you to
    reset and restore all of the default Power Plans back with their default settings. Follow the steps.

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • At the command prompt, type powercfg -restoredefaultschemes, and then press
      ENTER.
    • At the command prompt, type exit to exit the Command Prompt window.
    • Restart the computer and check with the issue.
    Let us know if the issue is resolved or if you require further assistance.

ThofikhAhamad, Nov 6, 2018
  3. Win 10 - computer won't lock or sleep when lid is closed

JoshuaOsandatuwa, Nov 6, 2018
  4. Bree Win User

LID close screen still on

Well, it was worth checking.

How long have you had this Asus ROG? Has it ever turned off the screen when the lid is closed?

The last post in this thread suggests it may be a hardware problem, the section starting 'Here's an interesting story about the GL502VS in general' describes a sequence of replacements from Asus, one of which behaved this way. Oddly, the OP actually wanted this behaviour.
    https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...-lid-is-closed

Bree, Nov 6, 2018
Thema:

1. Login Authentication Method when lid is closed - Similar Threads - Login Authentication Method

2. Bluetooth when Lid Closed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth when Lid Closed: Question: I have a set of wireless Bluetooth earbuds. When my laptop lid is open, I would like the earbuds to connect to the laptop. However, when the lid is closed, often the earbuds will connect to the laptop. More info: Since the lid is closed, I am obviously not using the...
  3. Bluetooth when Lid Closed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth when Lid Closed: Question: I have a set of wireless Bluetooth earbuds. When my laptop lid is open, I would like the earbuds to connect to the laptop. However, when the lid is closed, often the earbuds will connect to the laptop. More info: Since the lid is closed, I am obviously not using the...
  4. Behavior when closing lid

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Behavior when closing lid: I have long configured my laptop to stay on when I close the lid with it plugged in and to shut down when I close the lid with the plugged pulled. I do this for several reasons but the main reason I prefer this set up is because I can close the lid of my lap top, pull the...
  5. Behavior when closing lid

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Behavior when closing lid: I have long configured my laptop to stay on when I close the lid with it plugged in and to shut down when I close the lid with the plugged pulled. I do this for several reasons but the main reason I prefer this set up is because I can close the lid of my lap top, pull the...
  6. Apps closing when laptop lid is closed

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Apps closing when laptop lid is closed: I recently purchased a Microsoft Surface and all my open apps force close when the laptop lid has been closed overnight. I've checked all previous solutions posted on this site and nothing works. Very Annoying, can someone help resolve asap? ? It really shouldn't be this...
  7. Error when closing the lid

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Error when closing the lid: Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart...". i have the answer for this problem , i saw many answers but no help . When you go to the Device manager you will see some missing drivers, these drivers can be pci or any , find an app that will check for updated drivers ,...
  8. When lid closed

in Windows 10 Customization
    When lid closed: Hey Microsoft Community! I want to "Do nothing" when my laptop lid is closed. I was able to set this in Control Panel. I don't want to drain my battery, though, so I want it to hibernate about 5 minutes after there is not activity. Thank you!...
  9. Close a lid

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Close a lid: When I try to change my lid options in my laptop, it says "some settings are managed by your system administrator". But the problem is that I am already logged in as the administrator. What can I do to fix this other than reinstalling windows. The laptop model that I am...
  10. Laptop closes programes when lid is closed

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop closes programes when lid is closed: This past few days whenever i close the laptop lid with the laptop is still on whenever i later return to the laptop open the lid all programes that i had opened even the web browser are closed, anyone offer any help to fix this so that all programs that were opened remain...