Windows 10: Login background screen

Discus and support Login background screen in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I changed my background image to a new one. When my screensaver turns on and I try to unlock my screen, the background image displayed behind the login... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Juan R. Gonzalez, Oct 24, 2019.

1. Login background screen

I changed my background image to a new one. When my screensaver turns on and I try to unlock my screen, the background image displayed behind the login screen is my old one. How can I update this so that my new background displays?

:)

Juan R. Gonzalez, Oct 24, 2019

2. Login Screen Background Change

Hi,

Windows 10 has an easy way to customize your login screen background. To get started follow these steps:

• On the Search bar, type Lock screen settings.
    • Click it from the search result and you should see the available options to change the background image.

Login background screen 41f64c00-dbff-4cde-8391-308ce31786c4.png
    Don't hesitate to respond if you need more help.

Jennifer Cha, Oct 24, 2019
  3. Login Screen Background keeps defaulting to stock image

I've set a custom image on my lock screen to show up on the initial login screen whenever I first start up my computer. But occasionally, the login screen defaults to a stock landscape image that comes with Windows 10.

To clarify, here are the steps I've taken:

• Go into Settings -> Personalization -> Lock Screen
    • EDIT: Set image to Picture
    • Click Browse... to look for and select a picture
    • Turn on Show lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen.

However, no matter how many times I retake these steps, the default login screen background occasionally
    comes back. How do I stop this from happening?

UPDATE: I forgot to mention a step here in my initial post. I have already set the background to
    Picture, thus the custom image.

AndrewSarley, Oct 24, 2019
  4. Mark Isi Win User

Login background screen

latest Windows 10 update changed my Login Background screen, is that normal

Hi,

If you're coming from a different version of operating system, the login screen on Windows 10 has changed and it is normal. The good new is that you can change the background of the login screen and it's very easy to do. Here are the steps:

• Click the Start icon
    • Click Settings
    • Click Personalization
    • Click Lock screen
    • Select the background that you prefer
    Hope this helps. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Mark Isi, Oct 24, 2019
Thema:

Login background screen

1. Login background screen - Similar Threads - Login background screen

2. Is there a way to change the login screen background for the default login screen ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is there a way to change the login screen background for the default login screen ?: The screens come up with Windows 7, Windows 10, Windows 12, etc and have the user name and you click on the user and it asks for the login password. What I would really like is to change this login screen to show a blue or black screen with justLoginUsername: Password:...
  3. Is there a way to change the login screen background for the default login screen ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to change the login screen background for the default login screen ?: The screens come up with Windows 7, Windows 10, Windows 12, etc and have the user name and you click on the user and it asks for the login password. What I would really like is to change this login screen to show a blue or black screen with justLoginUsername: Password:...
  4. Is there a way to change the login screen background for the default login screen ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Login screen slideshow for background

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Login screen slideshow for background: Hi all, I love the refreshing new images i get to see when i login to my windows station. But then i see the dead 20 year old picture of the woman running on the beach. Can I make my background change the same way the login screen changes. If not, why not. The computer...
  6. background screen bug at the login screen

background screen bug at the login screen: Hello. I often encounter a rather annoying bug for some time and still not fixed. this happens on the login screen to enter a session. I have the background image which is go from normal to a super zoom ... suddenly after that it becomes a mess on the desktop with the...
  7. Change Login Screen Background

Change Login Screen Background: Where can I find the setting to change the login screen background image from the default Windows logo that comes with it? 129621
  8. login screen background missing

login screen background missing: On a Windows 10 laptop, the login background screen (default image) is suddenly missing, as is the desktop background. When I go to Settings/Personalization/Lock Screen, the options for Background and Choose Your Picture are missing. It's my elderly father-in-law's computer...
  9. Login Screen Background Not same as desktop Background

Login Screen Background Not same as desktop Background: Hi, I have set the option "Show Windows Background on the sign in screen" in personalization -> Lock screen to true and I changed my wallpaper. The sign in screen keeps the default blue sign in background. This occurs on my PC and my laptop. Both are running Windows 10...
  10. change the Login screen background?

change the Login screen background?: Is there an easy way to change the Login screen background? 13815